Thanks V! I’m certainly not goin to say my is 1000% correct obviously as the pictures we have leave just a little bit to the imagination but I do think my Compac is really, really close. For the screws, you mean the 3 on the windage base correct? Ya I’m pretty sure I have it as they appear on the SWC prop. Now, am I using the exact screws.. doubtful. But my whole Compac design is pretty darn close to what you see there as well. Now with this bent scope design I thinks its about 99% there :cool:
The scope itself looks great, no questions about that!

And I guess I just meant that I wasn't sure which variant of the 2 1/2x scope was the "correct" or screen used one (if anyone knew). One of the earliest 2 1/2x scopes that appeared on the forums here has the middle screw in the center of the knob:

compacsuper-big.jpg

Wheras others have it be more like the 4x31 variant, with the center screw further out to the front (my own I recently picked up!)

s-l16001.jpg

The scope itself looks great, no questions about that!

And I guess I just meant that I wasn't sure which variant of the 2 1/2x scope was the "correct" or screen used one (if anyone knew). One of the earliest 2 1/2x scopes that appeared on the forums here has the middle screw in the center of the knob:

View attachment 1791923
Wheras others have it be more like the 4x31 variant, with the center screw further out to the front (my own I recently picked up!)

View attachment 1791924

I’ve seen that pic myself. Infact I’m pretty sure I have it saved in GK file. For the screw placement though I did my best to duplicate the actual film prop itself. Again not saying it’s perfect but I’m also not really interested in simply duplicating “real” parts to be honest. That can always lead one astray. Pretty sure the answer you seek is right here as well V..
IMG_8890.jpeg
8D930307-0CF8-4A3A-8CA6-4C062F9E0CAF.jpeg

PS - thank you mystery man for these beautiful pics! You know who u are :)

I’ve seen that pic myself. Infact I’m pretty sure I have it saved in GK file. For the screw placement though I did my best to duplicate the actual film prop itself. Again not saying it’s perfect but I’m also not really interested in simply duplicating “real” parts to be honest. That can always lead one astray. Pretty sure the answer you seek is right here as well V..View attachment 1791948

PS - thank you mystery man for these beautiful pics! You know who u are :)

swa0oNG5ZXcd0l2CERFZOpAK69FnWa-m7kjFMUcBVug.jpg

Jokes aside; I think it's the front placement one? The resolution makes me wonder is all. Either way I'll be happy sticking with that! :lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back