Disney World to build Avatar attraction

GF said they were talking about this at work (WDW) yesterday. With the Marvel universe in hand, or mostly, I am not sure about this. A Marvel type park with movies always being released would make more money no?

GF said they were talking about this at work (WDW) yesterday. With the Marvel universe in hand, or mostly, I am not sure about this. A Marvel type park with movies always being released would make more money no?

That has to be a headache for both Disney and Universal, ironing out who can do what in which parks.

As for Avatar, an area set up as Pandora could be a lot of fun. A dragon ride would be good, though hard to engineer to let a lot of people participate at the same time.

When I see Avatar written I always think of Angh and the Last Air Bender and I thought now that would be a really cool attraction with all the elements. Then I remember that Avatar was about sexy blue aliens which will also be a mighty fine attraction.

Apparently it won't open until 2018, three years after Avatar 3 is released. Avatar doesn't seem like the kind of franchise you make a theme park out of, given that James Cameron is not George Lucas.

Certainly unexpected, but will no doubt be interesting. Say what you will about the story and the characters, the environment would be pretty cool to explore, especially at night.

Plus it's a Disney Park. The other parks are fun, but Disney always goes the extra mile when it comes to service and the whole experience. We went to Disney, Universal, and Seaworld last year during Celebration (and will go again next year). Universal is pretty fun (especially the Harry Potter land) but Disney has a real magic to it; just like when I was 6.

I'm wondering when Star Wars land is going to be announced. You know it's gonna happen. There's just too much money in that brand for Disney and Lucas to pass up.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back