Disney could sell Lucasfilm ?

I've heard the rumor as far up to that a single individual has made an offer and many are speculating it could be George Lucas himself.
In my fan fiction George Lucas would buy Star Wars back and with the stroke of a pen retcon the entire Kathleen Kennedy era of Star Wars if for no other reason than the knife she and Iger put square in his back before the ink on the contract he signed had even dried.

I'd love to see it happen, but only if it went to a decent owner who had respect for the property and I don't know if there's a lot of those out there with deep pockets.

I've heard the rumor as far up to that a single individual has made an offer and many are speculating it could be George Lucas himself.
In my fan fiction George Lucas would buy Star Wars back and with the stroke of a pen retcon the entire Kathleen Kennedy era of Star Wars if for no other reason than the knife she and Iger put square in his back before the ink on the contract he signed had even dried.
It's not going to happen, but that would be so sweet. Recast Han, Luke, and Leia with new actors and show how the final trilogy was really meant to be.

More profitable would be to fire all those who sank the franchise in the first place and hire actual talent to develop it instead.

I don't know, I'm not a businessologist.

That would require the current heads at Disney to care about art, and leaving a quality legacy, and letting creatives be creative -- ain't gonna happen. It's all IP management and brand curation now. Has been for decades.

Occasionally something good might slip through by accident (Zootopia, the first season of the Mandalorian) but don't count on it.

Also don't forget about the video game side of the lucasfilm ip's. Those are arguably worth more than the film side. If there is a smart person in charge of that side of the business, it could easily trump the film side.

Let’s see who is saying George Lucas is buying Lucasfilm back…

Um…really??

IMG_9382.jpeg

Right….like Lucas would buy this broken company BACK from Disney????

It’s like selling a car….then the party you sold it to treats it horribly and blows the engine….and then you offer to buy it back from them???

IMG_9380.jpeg

No way. The “US has 12 Alien Vehicles” story is more credible than this story.

IMG_9381.jpeg

Last edited:
Let’s see who is saying George Lucas is buying Lucasfilm back…

Um…really??

View attachment 1708997
Right….like Lucas would buy this broken company BACK from Disney????

It’s like selling a car….then the party you sold it to treats it horribly and blows the engine….and then offers to sell it back to you???

View attachment 1708995

No way. The “US has 12 Alien Vehicles” story is more credible than this story.

View attachment 1708996
Let me guess his credible news source are articles that came out this year on april 1st.

I hope he buys it back and takes all the OT off all streamers and future releases… makes it prequels and sequel trilogies only… why not!? No matter what, Disney, Lucas, Hammil himself, no matter who is in control everyone will just continue to complain.

Cuz that’s what y’all love to do!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back