Disney could sell Lucasfilm ?

Life...finds a way...

Probably true.
But was it really necessary to slog through so much crap just to find out?

poop.jpg

No race swap for that one...I'm wondering why?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::devil::devil::devil:

View attachment 1729058
Ofcourse not. She is the poorest princess though.

"the Snow White Prince is a stalker" -

That sounds like an "I never wanted to do this movie in the first place" problem. The issue has been rampant in Hollywood in the last 30 years as everything became a remake/sequel.

A producer/director/star says: "I want to make a dark gritty drama about a mafia hit-man coming to terms with his sexuality."

The studio: "Yeah, no. We wanna pay you $20m to make our next big Superman movie."

Producer/director/star: "Okay I'll take your $20m. But we're gonna do it my way. I'm picturing a dark gritty R-rated Superman. He loses all his super powers in the first act. So gets himself a kevlar vest & guns and starts shooting criminals. And his relationship with Lois Lane is on the rocks because he realizes he's gay."

The studio: (hand wave) "Whatever, you're the creative one. We're too overpaid & coked-up & incompetent to care what you do with the material. Just make sure it has a $100m opening weekend."

IMO a lot of these creatives (producer/director/stars) need to STFU and do their jobs. That's what playing Snow White is - a job. If Rachel Zegler didn't wanna do it then she didn't have to take the gig. I don't see her complaining about the big Disney-princess paycheck.
While I like joking about deconstructing fairy tales (prince in sleeping beauty was a creep etc.), this isnt something that should be said by the creators themselves trying to sell the movie unless the movie itself is supposed to be subversive.

I dont see where modern actors get off trashing the very projects that are paying them the big bucks either. If you dont want to be Snow White, get off the project. Im guessing there are millions of prospective actors that would be dying to play that role.

Nevermind the fact that in the actual fairy tale, the Prince is brought to Snow White's "corpse" by the dwarves and kisses her which dislodges the apple. Prince didnt even realize she existed, let alone stalked her.

These comments how "princesses dont need no princes" also basically threatens to destroy the movie by removing the happy ending. The prince brings her back into royalty, wealth, and protects her from the evil stepmother as well as provide love. Without the prince, Snow White is a perpetual servant to 7 miners.

Just like modern little mermaid which basically wrote out the prince from the story.

While I like joking about deconstructing fairy tales (prince in sleeping beauty was a creep etc.), this isnt something that should be said by the creators themselves trying to sell the movie unless the movie itself is supposed to be subversive.

I dont see where modern actors get off trashing the very projects that are paying them the big bucks either. If you dont want to be Snow White, get off the project. Im guessing there are millions of prospective actors that would be dying to play that role.

Nevermind the fact that in the actual fairy tale, the Prince is brought to Snow White's "corpse" by the dwarves and kisses her which dislodges the apple. Prince didnt even realize she existed, let alone stalked her.

These comments how "princesses dont need no princes" also basically threatens to destroy the movie by removing the happy ending. The prince brings her back into royalty, wealth, and protects her from the evil stepmother as well as provide love. Without the prince, Snow White is a perpetual servant to 7 miners.

Just like modern little mermaid which basically wrote out the prince from the story.

Yes, IMO a lot of creatives in modern Hollywood have skewed perception of their job. "Entitled" is a worn-out politicized buzzword word but I think it applies. They act entitled about bringing THEIR spin to a project, and if that's not feasible then they act like it's beneath them or something. This new Snow White actor talks like she is repulsed by the thought of playing the character that she auditioned for. The one she is getting paid millions of dollars for. Umm, shut up and do your job.

But at this stage it's on the producers & director & studio too. They should have told her to go pound sand if she doesn't wanna treat the character & project with any respect. I mean, it's not her private life here. She is talking to the press about the project before it's released. Her comments can affect perceptions of the project and that affects ticket sales. Hollywood is a business. If you don't like the project you are doing then don't take the job and/or keep your mouth shut until after it's released.

Well you could go tinfoil hat conspiracy and say she's doing this to get fired because she is unhappy with her Disney contract or something.

Well you could go tinfoil hat conspiracy and say she's doing this to get fired because she is unhappy with her Disney contract or something.
Why? Even if she is being paid peanuts, she is still an unknown actress at 22. Thats kind of normal and starring in a successful movie would raise her profile (and her future negotiation power).

But at this stage it's on the producers & director & studio too. They should have told her to go pound sand if she doesn't wanna treat the character & project with any respect. I mean, it's not her private life here. She is talking to the press about the project before it's released. Her comments can affect perceptions of the project and that affects ticket sales. Hollywood is a business. If you don't like the project you are doing then don't take the job and/or keep your mouth shut until after it's released.
Agreed. Disney live actions have never been great and Im guessing this one is a flop too but even if it was good, she is screwing any chance of people wanting to go watch. Why would I spend my time and money on a project if the very people making it dont believe in it either?

I know nothing about this actress so did a quick wiki search and her career seems to have being insanely quick (basically starring in musicals to getting on Spielberg's West Side Story through a youtube audition. If she wasnt picked up, she would probably just be a youtuber).

She might be thinking that she is awesome and untouchable, hence the comments.

I know there are tons of actors who have badmouthed their projects, the most recent one I can think of being Robert Pattinson with the Twilight movies (although I think alot can be attributed to the fans creeping him out by asking them to drink their blood and stuff like that). Even then, he badmouthed it post-production after the sequels iirc and was also almost fired for his attitude.

Please forgive me as I am double posting my comment from another thread, but:

When the star of your upcoming Disney film berates the original incessantly...
How does Disney not pull her aside and politely say: "Ahem... SHUT. YOUR. FACE."

Whether you "like" Disney's 1937 take on Snow White or not, I think it's clear that:
1) Its fairy tale timeline would place it centuries ago, when gender roles were well defined. There's nothing wrong with portraying that world view, especially in the 1930s
2) The 1937 film was NEVER meant to be a western world specific social commentary on the problems with a male hierarchy. The male characters in the original film all adore Snow White, and she is NOT oppressed by any of them.
3) The original story and Disney 1937 take is NOT about Snow White trying to become the leader her father always knew she could be. That's NOT THE STORY, that's not the character's personality. The character is a pure, loving, caring and innocent/naïve young woman who is oppressed by the FEMALE hierarchy in her world, for vanity's sake.
4) Finding your true love is a universal truth, as is the "man rescues the damsel in distress" paradigm. It's OK to make movies about them.
5) The 1937 film was a SEMINAL event in both motion picture and animation history in terms of it's groundbreaking animation, use of color, sound and music. While not flawless, it is essentially "perfect" for what it is. It is one of the anchors upon which modern cinema is based and as such it is timeless. It stands with other such great film landmarks: Citizen Cane, Gone With the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, The Searchers, The Maltese Falcon, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Psycho, Jaws, Star Wars, Superman, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Alien, Dances with Wolves, et al. Disney's 1937 film deserves to be called a masterpiece; to outright DISMISS it (again, whether you like it or not) shows a severe ignorance of film history and accomplishment.

Last edited:
Nevermind the fact that in the actual fairy tale, the Prince is brought to Snow White's "corpse" by the dwarves and kisses her which dislodges the apple. Prince didnt even realize she existed, let alone stalked her

There is no kissing in the original, the Prince stumbled upon her during a hunting trip and is bringing her body back to her father's castle when they accidentally drop her coffin which dislodges the apple.

The Critical Drinker nailed it there.

It hadn't occurred to me that Rachel Zegler's bashing of the original 'Snow White' might literally be all be Disney-approved PR. Common sense says the PR people would not want you tearing down the hit you're remaking. But hey, it's modern Disney. Never underestimate their ability to screw up something like that. They are past the tipping point. Their judgment is so bad that you may have to go beyond common sense to follow it.

The Critical Drinker nailed it there.

It hadn't occurred to me that Rachel Zegler's bashing of the original 'Snow White' might literally be all be Disney-approved PR. Common sense says the PR people would not want you tearing down the hit you're remaking. But hey, it's modern Disney. Never underestimate their ability to screw up something like that. They are past the tipping point. Their judgment is so bad that you may have to go beyond common sense to follow it.

MAYBE... but just watching her in those interviews, those seem to be her off-the-cuff remarks. She strikes me as a young talent who is trying to behave above her years. There is a LOT of basic life experience and wisdom that she clearly does not yet have.
-She's trying to sound more adult, but comes across as a college kid who thinks they just set the world on fire because of their final term paper on the French Revolution
-She's debasing the original Disney 1937 Snow White. She all but actually says it was a sexist/misogynistic film that is out-of-touch with today. She says she has only ever seen it once as a child (why WOULDN'T you watch it again, if you are doing a Disney live action remake?!) and thereby completely missed the purpose of the original film.
-She hasn't learned the Hollywood system yet... whether it's "fair" or not, you talk POSITIVELY about the entertainment company your are currently working for, and you CAREFULLY chose your words if you have disagreements with said company. She's not an A-lister that can demand $millions and say whatever/ whenever she wants.
-If I were Bob Iger (well, a LOT of things would change), but I would kindly take her to my office with her agent and publicist present, show them the production budget, run her bad-mouthing clip quotes for her on an 86 inch 4K TV, and tell her to SHUT. HER. FACE.
-When adjusted for inflation, as of just a few years ago Snow White was the highest grossing Disney Princess film. Yep, even beat Frozen.

1. Snow White​

disney's snow white

Disney

US box office: $184,925,486

Adjusted for inflation: $996,260,000

Snow White takes the crown here and not just because of the incredible legacy that she left behind as the very first Disney Princess.

When it was first released in 1939, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves briefly became the highest-grossing sound film of all time before Gone With The Wind took its place just one year later. However, subsequent re-releases in 1944, 1952, 1958, 1967, 1975, 1983, 1987 and 1993 have since helped the first Disney Princess film to earn a place as one of the all-time top ten performers at the US box office.

Not bad for a princess who once needed her very own Prince Charming to kiss her while she was unconscious save her.

Which Disney princess made the most at the box office?

There is no kissing in the original, the Prince stumbled upon her during a hunting trip and is bringing her body back to her father's castle when they accidentally drop her coffin which dislodges the apple.
Its been a while since I read the original fairy tale. Thanks for the correction. I did remember it was stuck in her mouth which was always odd to me as a kid.

MAYBE... but just watching her in those interviews, those seem to be her off-the-cuff remarks. She strikes me as a young talent who is trying to behave above her years. There is a LOT of basic life experience and wisdom that she clearly does not yet have.
-She's trying to sound more adult, but comes across as a college kid who thinks they just set the world on fire because of their final term paper on the French Revolution
-She's debasing the original Disney 1937 Snow White. She all but actually says it was a sexist/misogynistic film that is out-of-touch with today. She says she has only ever seen it once as a child (why WOULDN'T you watch it again, if you are doing a Disney live action remake?!) and thereby completely missed the purpose of the original film.
-She hasn't learned the Hollywood system yet... whether it's "fair" or not, you talk POSITIVELY about the entertainment company your are currently working for, and you CAREFULLY chose your words if you have disagreements with said company. She's not an A-lister that can demand $millions and say whatever/ whenever she wants.
-If I were Bob Iger (well, a LOT of things would change), but I would kindly take her to my office with her agent and publicist present, show them the production budget, run her bad-mouthing clip quotes for her on an 86 inch 4K TV, and tell her to SHUT. HER. FACE.
-When adjusted for inflation, as of just a few years ago Snow White was the highest grossing Disney Princess film. Yep, even beat Frozen.

1. Snow White​

View attachment 1729592
Disney

US box office: $184,925,486

Adjusted for inflation: $996,260,000

Snow White takes the crown here and not just because of the incredible legacy that she left behind as the very first Disney Princess.

When it was first released in 1939, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves briefly became the highest-grossing sound film of all time before Gone With The Wind took its place just one year later. However, subsequent re-releases in 1944, 1952, 1958, 1967, 1975, 1983, 1987 and 1993 have since helped the first Disney Princess film to earn a place as one of the all-time top ten performers at the US box office.

Not bad for a princess who once needed her very own Prince Charming to kiss her while she was unconscious save her.

Which Disney princess made the most at the box office?
She is young. She is freaking 22. She is barely out of college (not that she went). Her career is also painfully short for such a prominent role. She started in 2015 doing musicals in high school, her big break being in 2018 when she was able to nab the lead in Spielberg's West Side Story through his open casting call via Twitter. So even as an actress, she is only 8 years into her "career."

She may be talented (I cant judge that) but she is absolutely not ready to take the role and her comments show that. Might as well blacklist herself giving what she is sprouting. The right move would be to smile, say you are excited about the film and hope you can live up to the legacy, and do you best to brush off the criticism.

Compare this to Emilia Clarke or Lena Headey who both had a rough time with Game of Thrones. Despite that (and the fact that Clarke has been in some bad projects like Last Christmas or Terminator Genisys); you dont hear either of them badmouth the project that made them household names (Hell, Headey talks more about how fans dont like her rather than about bad writing). Sure you may not like Clarke's acting but she is getting far more support for being a likable person that actually does their job supporting their projects.

Rachel Zegler's comments don't sound fully canned but it's probably a mix of her attitude and Disney's. Maybe she was following instructions to emphasize the changes in the remake and she overdid it.

Also, in fairness - her comments aren't all recent. This is several months of stuff being dug up and aired lately because there isn't any other news. Being on strike, she can't comment on upcoming projects, and that means she cannot defend herself right now.

For all we know, 5 minutes after the strike is settled she may release a big statement walking back a lot of this stuff.

Yes, IMO a lot of creatives in modern Hollywood have skewed perception of their job. "Entitled" is a worn-out politicized buzzword word but I think it applies. They act entitled about bringing THEIR spin to a project, and if that's not feasible then they act like it's beneath them or something. This new Snow White actor talks like she is repulsed by the thought of playing the character that she auditioned for. The one she is getting paid millions of dollars for. Umm, shut up and do your job.

The problem with the general zeitgeist is that people "interpret" History with their present sensibilities:rolleyes::mad:
To interpret History properly, you need to put yourself into the mind set that society had at the time which is called Living History!!
To say that all of those stories were (add any woke vocab here) is delusional at best and Utopic at the highest level(n)(n)

Rachel Zegler's comments don't sound fully canned but it's probably a mix of her attitude and Disney's. Maybe she was following instructions to emphasize the changes in the remake and she overdid it.

Also, in fairness - her comments aren't all recent. This is several months of stuff being dug up and aired lately because there isn't any other news. Being on strike, she can't comment on upcoming projects, and that means she cannot defend herself right now.

For all we know, 5 minutes after the strike is settled she may release a big statement walking back a lot of this stuff.

You are exactly right, of course. But these type of spur of the moment, off the cuff remarks generally are the TRUE thought of the person involved. Whether she had been gently "encouraged" to hold these positions by the production staff or Gal Gadot herself (more likely she absorbed the sentiments from her production team and co-star, as she is a YOUNG talent wanting to conform and be seen as an equal), it is still "her truth" and Disney is probably chomping at the bit to get her out there to do damage control as soon as the strike is resolved.

BTW: Haunted Mansion bombed. With well known and talented celebrities and a well established IP in the theme park industry...

IT. STILL. BOMBED.

(and that's WITHOUT any significant controversy leading up to its debut)

I would recommend to Bob Iger that he pull a Batgirl move, cancel the Snow White film, take the tax write-off, and call it a day.

Last edited:
I love how these actors have enough "conviction" to call out, in their view, problematic stories, yet they have no qualms whatsoever about making money off the very thing they decry. I guess when your livelihood is to appropriate the persona of a fictional character, it's no wonder that your perception of reality is likely to be just as skewed. Growing up it was Gen X that railed against selling out and yet here we are only a generation removed and that's all these kids want to do. If you look at the polling of young people who are obsessed with being influencers, rich, and famous, it's enough to make you vomit. Success is perfectly fine, but if you need to sell your soul to do it.....

Fairy Tales are a great vehicle for reinterpretation, but if you're going to throw away the critical elements that define it from every other story, you might as well make a new movie entirely and not bother calling it Snow White.

BTW: Haunted Mansion bombed. With well known celebrities and a well established IP in the theme park industry, IT. STILL. BOMBED. And that's WITHOUT any significant controversy leading up to its debut.
It's bombed twice. Of all of the "rides to movies" that they've done, and I think there were 8 of them, only one was really successful and one, kind of. Nobody wants to see a ride on the big screen.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back