Limited Run Detention Block Camera Parts

grabbed my kit today since Philip is local. It's amazing and so well thought out. excellent castings, perfect coloring, the chroming on the bezels is just outstanding. Cannot WAIT to start building this this weekend.
Thanks for everything Philip! SO worth the wait.

I received my parts today. I am very happy!! :cool:
Thanks Philip!
thumbnail_IMG_20200630_142245 - Copy.jpg

Almost all the kits are shipped now.

For those wondering about all the parts, here's a bit of info on them.

Because it's hard to drill the viewer mounting holes, I've included a drill guide so you can easily and accurately do them. Glue the two pieces together. Note, there is an orientation to it when you position for drilling. Use a 1/8" drill bit. I've also sent small black spacers that you over the screw between the mounting plate and viewers. This fixes the issue that the viewer is rounded on the back.

There are 4 screws for mounting the plate positioned at the standard VESA 100mm sq middle of the plate.

I think the rest is easy to sort out.

camera-kit.jpg

SlaveOne has written me as his diffuser fit the inside of a lens he had from our first run was so tight he can't get it out. I'm mentioning it so it doesn't happen to anybody else. I'd carefully test fit it if you are using one, keeping in mind you can sand it down to give it room.

What is required to illuminate the lights? I recall there being a “light diffuser”, LED w rheostat/resister, and a nylon theaded tube & nut combo? Thanks

What I did was offer an nylon nut and bolt with a hole through it for a wire to an LED. I also made diffusers to sit behind the lens to smooth out the light. I still have these if interested. Email me.

I received mine AOK the other day and I mean it when I say: This is one of the best kits I've purchased over the past 20 years!
The chrome plated bezels are top notch, and the plastic inserts seem to be injection moulded.

Just WOW.

Thanks for doing this run.

I received mine AOK the other day and I mean it when I say: This is one of the best kits I've purchased over the past 20 years!
The chrome plated bezels are top notch, and the plastic inserts seem to be injection moulded.

Just WOW.

Thanks for doing this run.

Yup, same here - really nice work and most grateful for the effort you put into this!

Dan

View attachment 1319487
such a fun project! Thanks again Philip, it was perfectly designed as always. I may go back and paint the viewers later (or slowly hunt for mono colored ones to replace them) but for now i kinda like it being a slight variant.

Trent, would you please tell me where you got your VESA 100mm? I can't seem to find a one hinger version, only doubles hinge type.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back