Limited Run Tusken Raider helmet w/ metal parts and Rebreather option (Second Run Open)

Quick update:

The last shell should be done today.
Got all the leather cut and prepped.
Helmet assembly will start this week, I’ll throw some pics up as they move along.

Rebreathers shouldn’t take too long, I’ll have a better update on those in about a week or so.

Just a quick little update:

IMG_2653.jpeg

Got all the rebreather end pieces milled. When I make these from resin I usually use a brass 1/4 flare nut and paint the whole thing.

For these I made the whole thing 1 solid piece so I wouldnt have to try and color match the nut to the rest of the body.

There’s some light machining marks left over but they should be hardly noticeable after weathering.

Moving along slowly, I apologize for the pace, just trying to make sure everything is as best as it can be.

IMG_2717.jpeg

Just a quick update, this helmet is in process and what I would consider a light/mild weathering.

I can go lighter or heavier depending on your preference but thought this would serve as a good baseline to make your judgment. A heavier weathering would have a few more dark patches and all the metal pieces would get a little more heavy handed weathering to tone down the brightness.

I was hoping to have a rebreather done to show as well but I’m waiting on my leather resupply. Originally I didn’t plan on rebreathers so my on hand stock was dedicated to the helmets, my resupply should be here Friday so I can have one finished as an example this weekend. I’ll post an update.

Let me know what kind of weathering you’d prefer. I’ll start working my way down the list and contacting people directly to make sure the weathering is right and make changes as needed. I like to have direct input as the process is wrapping up so it’s up to your standard.

I should have wraithride and smdwilliams done this weekend so I’ll be in contact with you shortly.

Jamesfett and Saranac yours is pacing into next week. So you’ll probably hear directly from me around the 17th with an update.

Vertex and Pepperbone yours will be up the following week so around the 24th. I may try to squeeze them in earlier, if I do I’ll let you know.

If anyone needs to drop their order or postpone their payment to a later date please let me know soon so I can make adjustments to the build priority list. Just shoot me a message and we’ll work it out.

Light weathering on the bandages only for me. The rest I will do myself or leave clean.

Please move me down the list if you could. I need to get through August.

This looks beyond awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Light weathering on the bandages only for me. The rest I will do myself or leave clean.

Please move me down the list if you could. I need to get through August.

This looks beyond awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noted.

No worries, I’ll push your build to the end. I’ll probably be wrapping up around the 24th so I can move to other projects. I’ll still do the normal check-in with you about the build to make sure it’s up to your liking then we’ll hammer out shipping dates and payment when you’re ready.

Also thanks!

I'll go heavier on my weathering. These are looking great!
Noted and thanks! Keep an eye on your inbox this weekend, I’ll be reaching out with some pics of your personal build throughout the weathering process so we can hammer out the details and make sure it’s to your liking.

Just a quick update, this helmet is in process and what I would consider a light/mild weathering.

I can go lighter or heavier depending on your preference but thought this would serve as a good baseline to make your judgment. A heavier weathering would have a few more dark patches and all the metal pieces would get a little more heavy handed weathering to tone down the brightness.

Vertex and Pepperbone yours will be up the following week so around the 24th. I may try to squeeze them in earlier, if I do I’ll let you know.

BonesAreDollars

If possible I'd like to go with the light/mild weather as shown for the metal and heavier on the soft/cloth parts. Let me know.

Will be ready for when you reach out on/about the 24th - or - sooner.

Quick little update:

Just wanted to post an update pic of the rebreather. Lightly weathered version.

The helmet is smdwilliams build with the heavy weathering. Just thought you’d all like a reference for what I would consider heavy.

Things are moving along, first two should ship in a couple of days. The next two builds will start this week.

Attachments

• IMG_2737.jpeg
    IMG_2737.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2732.jpeg
    IMG_2732.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 91

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back