Unlimited Run Deluxe Tron Disc Retrofit Kits

I just checked all Targets and ToysRUs in my area. Nothing yet, but I'll keep stopping in from time to time.

Last edited:
Maybe it's only me, but I want to get a light kit that can react to sound so I can put it next to my computer when I play music.

Last edited:
Wow, Soulinertia hasn't posted a reply to anyone or anything in this thread for the last 8 days. Is this even still in the works???

Maybe it's only me, but I want to get a light kit that can react to sound so I can put it next to my computer when I play music.

You could probably add that to this kit without too much trouble. I know that there's several ways to do that, and if I actually decide to do this, I'll probably put together a tutorial on just that.

why are you bugging?

I'm "bugging" because far too often I've had my heart broken by an awesome project that I was really looking forward to that's fallen through at the last minute and I want to know if I shouldn't get my hopes up for this one. I'm "bugging" because Soulinertia is on this site at least twice a day and is still actively posting in other threads on the RPF as recently as today and 5 posts yesterday, so your argument that he's been too busy to post in this thread for the last 8 days doesn't wash, and I'm "bugging" because I would simply like to know if this project is still moving forward. That doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Lastly, why YOU be trippin', Yo?

Last edited:
Fear Not Programs! Yes this project is still moving forward. I haven't posted on this thread because there really is nothing new to say just yet. And I know I've said it before, but I will have something for you all very soon. Hang tight! I am on the RPF often since I check it here from the office when I have free time. However, since my regular job eats up most of my day (8am-6:30pm) I only have a few hrs each evening to dedicate to this project and over the past couple weeks, that time has been spent taking care of Christmas related stuff, ie. shopping, putting up decorations/lights and getting the house cleaned up for family (I was host this year). So just bear with me. I assure you this project will come to fruition!

Will there be metal collars for the 4 inner lights on the inside rings? Does the movie version have those lit? The toy has a white dot on it, so I'm not sure what it's supposed to be?

I'm working on integrating those to allow light to shine through as well. ;)

How much is required for the full kit? I know there are instructions but I have neither the skill nor the ability to complete many of the kits offered here.

I'll do my best to make the instructions as easy as possible to understand with photos accompanying each step.

Last edited:
Sounds awesome. What about those of us that are not getting the full kits? Is there a way to pay for those pieces rather than having to waiting for the electronic versions that were not buying to be completed?:angel

Would you consider adding lights for the holo projector funnel-shaped nubs (on front side of the inner ring) or making it so the light from the C-Ring shines through them? Maybe that's an instructional build option. I don't remember seeing the holo nubs lit except for the sequence with the disc displaying Quorra's life/data pattern toward the end. Though I've only seen it once so far.

Oops, just read you're earlier post and I see you're working on that.

Eager to see your progress pics and video.

Disc_Nubs_Front_Back.jpg

Last edited:
Question: Any chance you'd be able to start taking payments for the basic kits soon? I'm assuming most of the time now is spent developing the electronics, I was wondering how soon those who only want the basic kits can get them. No rush, I'm just curious :)

I will post a video of my prototype giving a full 360° rotation showing everything contained within the disc before I start taking payments for both the full and basic kits. :thumbsup

Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work. These are going to be great!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back