Deprecated --delete

Two things:

What are the M4 screws for? And yes if they are needed I would like them.

Also you mentioned needing people on the run. Have you posted this on Propsummit? I think many there would be in on this.

Thanks

Two things:

What are the M4 screws for? And yes if they are needed I would like them.

Also you mentioned needing people on the run. Have you posted this on Propsummit? I think many there would be in on this.

Thanks
The propsummit folks on facebook know that it's happening but I haven't updated today.

IF you don't want to glue the grip, you need ONE screw, approx 60mm (2.4") long to hold the gun body to the grip. If you're in Europe, or anywhere else that uses metric, M4 is correct... but if you're in the US or somewhere that uses imperial, I think 8/36 is closest... but since I don't use or have access to imperial tools, I can't be sure. So that's why I wasn't planning on automatically including that screw. It isn't essential... and I migh start getting a lot of messages from imperial-users about why the darn screw doesn't work with anything they have! But IF someone really needs/wants an M4 I can supply it.

I won't post regular 'build updates' here- that's what the build thread is for, but just 'cause a couple folks have been wondering, here is what the clear grips can look like if you spray them with clear orange. (For this I used Tamiya orange and a little smoke.)

This question was asked in the build thread, but to stick with the RPF rules, I'll answer here. : )

Can we pay extra to have you make a finished Amber Grip? I am worried I will screw it up.

I usually can't do these types of things, but in this case I will, yes, if folks don't mind waiting up to a few extra weeks while I gather orders and can do them in one long pass. I would have to ask for an extra $75 though, because I have to take that time out of other projects that are already suffering greatly.

Honestly, though... there are a few options. The easiest is to get spray paint made for touching up yellow turn signals on cars. It's made specifically for plastic and if you do a couple thick coats it should give a nice dark-orange color. Or if you brush on a Humbrol clear orange enamel a little thicker, it will 'settle' and you will not see much of the brush strokes- just turn it a few times while it's drying so that it doesn't 'pool'. Also... Games Workshop has a new line of paints that might work called 'contrast'... they work a little like a clear/candy.

Stand by for a (positive) update coming to the run later today, as I have some additions.

Here's part of it: THERE BE SCREWS!

Last edited:
UPDATE.

As the image above hinted at, I took time off from work and made the trip to a specialty screw supplier and was able to obtain a supply of BOTH M4 AND #2 IMPERIAL screws for the kit. Hooray. (I have enough for at least 15 kits of each.)

The build thread has also been updated.

Blade Runner: Leon's Concept COP (A new interpretation.)

For those on the fence about getting the kit, I would ask that you please don't take too long to decide. At this point, it looks like I might have to withdraw the rubber grip option, as there are not yet enough orders to justify ordering a cartridge of the needed resin.

And I am still open to possibly offering a spray service for the clear grips.

Just FYI there is nothing about this on propsummit and I know there are guys there interested. The Facebook guys may know but no one has posted about this there.

Just FYI there is nothing about this on propsummit and I know there are guys there interested. The Facebook guys may know but no one has posted about this there.
I was on PS the other day, planning to post, but it seemed like there was very little activity- as if most of it's moved to FB. But I'll pop in later today and make a post about it!

Mini-interest check question, 'cause I've been asked about it via PM:
If I also made this into a standard (real-world) COP kit with a working barrel break and maybe (no promises) a moving trigger, with the same price and print quality, who would absolutely commit (i.e. no backing out, even if your car suddenly needs new tires or something) to getting one?

For anyone wanting one of these 'soon', you need to order ASAP. I am gearing up to send out my printer for a tuneup in the next few days or so. I might still be able to squeeze in a kit or two before it goes, then there will be a 5-6 weeks wait until I can print more (with kit orders being done in order of payment once the printer is returned).

OK, small update. I spent all of last week printing like mad and the printer has now been sent out for fixes and calibration.

The coming weeks will be spent cleaning parts and getting them ready to send out. I am accepting more orders, but please keep in mind that I will not be able to print them until maybe early-mid August. Once the printer gets back I'm sure to have a lot of things for it to do, so any orders that come in during this time will be done on a first-come basis. Thanks!

Got word that my printer is almost done, so collecting more orders for these.

Also open to doing finished buildups, which is something I usually never have time for!

Just got mine. Beyond amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could not be happier. Waited a number of years for this one.

Just got mine. Beyond amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could not be happier. Waited a number of years for this one.
Thanks for letting me know. Super happy that you like it!

My printer has now been returned, so I should be able to start doing more in a fairly timely manner for anyone that wants one.

(I'm also open to doing complete, finished, buildups for this.)

And my next project from Blade Runner... the portable Voight Kampff from 2049 (with electronics)...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back