Limited Run Blade Runner Whiskey Glasses by Magnoli Props

Works nicely for a gin and tonic as well...

20230521_231143.jpg

Two of my four are in my small Bladerunner display, the other two are for using.

Enjoyed the feel of using them so much, i ordered another two and had them shipped to my dad so he cound have a pair.

A 2019 bottle run would be amazing. It's been a very long time since anyone has done a run of those. I believe those bottles should be glass and not crystal. I am a graphic designer, specializing in package design, with 20 years experience and would be happy design premium retail style hard box packaging if you considered doing a run. I also have contacts at factories overseas that could do the printing.

Last edited:
A 2019 bottle run would be amazing. It's been a very long time since anyone has done a run of those. I believe those bottles should be glass and not crystal. I am a graphic designer, specializing in package design, with 20 years experience and would be happy design premium retail style hard box packaging if you considered doing a run. I also have contacts at factories overseas that could do the printing.
Im so down!

We don't have any spare boxes or foam... you might just have to cut the foam down to smaller blocks as needed. Sorry!
Replying directly to you. A 2019 bottle run would be amazing. It's been a very long time since anyone has done a run of those. I believe those bottles should be glass and not crystal. I am a graphic designer, specializing in package design, with 20 years experience and would be happy design premium retail style hard box packaging if you considered doing a run. I also have contacts at factories overseas that could do the printing. I would also be interested in investing in a run if you need backers. DM me if you want to talk.

Im so down!
I am thinking of a box similar to the official JW 2049 box in terms of quality, but with silver foil accents and a magnetic closure, satin wrapped foam insert, and PVC front so that the bottle can be displayed while still in the package. I do this kind of packaging all day long and it would be an easy task for me. I was considering doing a small run of just boxes before COVID for my own bottle and others that have them from the last run, but got side tracked. From what I have heard the mold for the last run of bottles has cracked and no more can be made. See attached for the blank box style I have in mind. It's a dream I've had for years to work on this project.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 91
  • shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 66
  • hqdtra5nl0c51.jpg
    hqdtra5nl0c51.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 88
  • Blade-Runner-Black-Label-1982-768x584.jpg
    Blade-Runner-Black-Label-1982-768x584.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I am thinking of a box similar to the official JW 2049 box in terms of quality, but with silver foil accents and a magnetic closure, satin wrapped foam insert, and PVC front so that the bottle can be displayed while still in the package. I do this kind of packaging all day long and it would be an easy task for me. I was considering doing a small run of just boxes before COVID for my own bottle and others that have them from the last run, but got side tracked. From what I have heard the mold for the last run of bottles has cracked and no more can be made. See attached for the blank box style I have in mind. It's a dream I've had for years to work on this project.
If possible interior could have a color palette that contrasts 2049 under the foam and lid so it could be displayed in a similar fashion. Teal would be nice.
Here is some inspiration.
Blade runner 1982 color palette

Also I think doing a run of just boxes is still a good idea for those who already have a bottle.

AAAAANNNND, I wouldn’t mind a box upgrade for the 2 set box magnoli glasses.

If possible interior could have a color palette that contrasts 2049 under the foam and lid so it could be displayed in a similar fashion. Teal would be nice.
Here is some inspiration.
Blade runner 1982 color palette

Also I think doing a run of just boxes is still a good idea for those who already have a bottle.

AAAAANNNND, I wouldn’t mind a box upgrade for the 2 set box magnoli glasses.
I sent a PM to Indy with a few ideas. Two ideas actually. Bottle & premium gift box and a bottle with two glass gift set similar to what you'd see at a liquor store around the holidays. If he's at all interested I'd love to collaborate. I could also do upgraded "gift box" packaging for glasses if there was interest, but I think the point of the Magnoli versus Cibi is that these are intended for regular use. Hence the cardboard boxes. And, the magnetic box is far more costly than corrugated. I bought the Cibi to display & the Magnolis to use. At least as a Cibi owner thats' how I feel. But, like anything Blade Runner they will end up being collectibles. If Magnoli isn't interested, I may pursue doing a bottle run myself. However, I would prefer to work with someone like Magnoli on the bottle as they have a potential source for the glass already, and the infrastructure for sales & shipping in place. I don't have any of that. But, I am an extremely talented graphic designer and can tackle the box with out any issue. I have overseas contacts for the printing as well. I have always wanted to do this project. Hopefully we can do something together.

:cool:

I sent a PM to Indy with a few ideas. Two ideas actually. Bottle & premium gift box and a bottle with two glass gift set similar to what you'd see at a liquor store around the holidays. If he's at all interested I'd love to collaborate. I could also do upgraded "gift box" packaging for glasses if there was interest, but I think the point of the Magnoli versus Cibi is that these are intended for regular use. Hence the cardboard boxes. And, the magnetic box is far more costly than corrugated. I bought the Cibi to display & the Magnolis to use. At least as a Cibi owner thats' how I feel. But, like anything Blade Runner they will end up being collectibles. If Magnoli isn't interested, I may pursue doing a bottle run myself. However, I would prefer to work with someone like Magnoli on the bottle as they have a potential source for the glass already, and the infrastructure for sales & shipping in place. I don't have any of that. But, I am an extremely talented graphic designer and can tackle the box with out any issue. I have overseas contacts for the printing as well. I have always wanted to do this project. Hopefully we can do something together.

:cool:
Great idea for the the 1 bottle two glass box set. I’m in for it all.

Just ordered mine… I have two of the Arnolfo Di Cambio original ones, but I don’t like drinking out of leaded crystal on a regular basis. Really looking forward to having these as I don’t mind Replicants ;) Thanks so much Indy!!!

My rocks glasses finally arrived! USPS had them in the Twilight Zone in Montana for a week....because it makes perfect sense to send them from LA to Montana on the way to Portland....but I digress. The box is savvy. The packaging is exceptional. The glasses are FANTASTIC. Tony has hit a home run with this one. I have zero regrets of going with the Magnoli glass over the Cibi. I got what (for years!) for half the price. In fact, it's because of Cibi's price that I have abstained.

At first the Magnoli glass seemed massive. But once I compared them to my go to rocks glass, I realized it's the corners that give them that appearance. Also because it's wider at the top. My old rocks glass has a slight blue/green tinge compared to the neutral/transparent Magnoli. I often times use a very large king cube. They fit my round rocks glass fine. I thought a square cube should fit easily in a square glass but the cube can't reach the bottom of the narrower bottom...but close enough (see photos. But of course, it's delightful to sip Johnnie Walker Black Label neat from. Speaking of sipping, I've read about how the shape in not user friendly to drink from, but I found it to be not an issue.

I've missed out on so many wonderful replica runs (like the JW bottle). I'm elated to finally scratch this itch. Bravo Magnoli!

Attachments

• 20230714_131615sm.jpg
    20230714_131615sm.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230714_132510sm.jpg
    20230714_132510sm.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 70
  • cube.jpg
    cube.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20230714_212202sm.jpg
    20230714_212202sm.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back