Interest DaveP’s Luke RotJ V2 / Obi Wan ANH Motorised Stunt Prop-Replica Run (Sign Up Closed)

You know what they say, you can never have too many V2's! I'll definitely be in for a kit! I'll want the dented emitter and pommel options on the full ROTJ kit without the comission!
I'd actually like to purchase the full motor kit and blade with it as well. Thinking of doing an ROTJ paint & damage style that's still motorized! I haven't fully made up my mind yet so I wanna cover my bases lol.

Interested in one with motor, blade set up, pommel emitter damage, with stencils, mystery chunk and mitchel piece.
That's awesome, Mike. Thank you! Much appreciated. I've updated the list (y)

I took some photos of the Motor/Battery set up today:

MOTOR KIT.jpg

As I've mentioned in the thread, the internals and motor that I'll be supplying are a modern approximation of what would have been in the original motorised stunt. It just wouldn't have been feasible to source vintage parts for the entire run (although the hilt has been designed to take vintage parts for those who wish to find them for themselves). The battery holder that I've sourced comes with a jack pre-installed, so I've gone with those connectors to make the install as easy (and tidy as possible). I'm still 50/50 on weather to swap the DC jacks out for Anderson connectors. This would make the kit more accurate to the original, but more complicated to install.

I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts on this. I'm happy to go with whatever people prefer as the difference in cost is negligible. (y)

Thanks again everyone!

MTFBWY,

Dave

This looks amazing! Im in for a base DIY kit!
Add on: Cone knob, clamp card, d ring, ROTJ paint stencil, and emitter denting commision.

This looks amazing! Im in for a base DIY kit!
Add on: Cone knob, clamp card, d ring, ROTJ paint stencil, and emitter denting commision.
That's awesome! Thank you so much. I've updated the list and made a note of your order. (y) Thanks again and all the best! :)

Please take my money Dave, I am ready :D;):):cool:
Thanks Enrico. :) Soon. ;)

I'd just like to get one last update out first before taking any payments...

The next update will be a BIG one and will include:

• Final production models (including change log)
  • Finished and working ANH motor/blade setup. (already tested and it works a treat!)
  • Finished ROTJ commission example (waiting on emitter bending Jig from the manufacturer)
  • An example of the emitter bending commission (The jig has cleared QC and is "in transit"!!)
  • Postage costings (for future reference)
  • A detailed timetable of batches and expected lead times.

Most of this is done already, but I'm hoping to cover everything in one big update next week (Wednesday). (y)

Thanks for your patience everyone! I'm so excited to get the ball rolling on this run!

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who's signed up. It really is very much appreciated! :)

All the best and MTFBWY,

Dave

This looks amazing! If the runs still open could you please put me down for a Full ROTJ Kit Bundle with the Emitter and Pommel damage?

This looks amazing! If the runs still open could you please put me down for a Full ROTJ Kit Bundle with the Emitter and Pommel damage?
That's great! Thank you! The run's still very much open, yes (y) I've updated the list and made a note of your order. I'll be starting the process of confirming orders towards the end of next week.

Thanks again!

Hey Dave! I'd like to be added to the list for a base DIY kit and a vintage chunk add on please. Thanks so much!
Thanks Chris! That's awesome. I'm pretty sure the vintage chunks are all gone though I'm afraid. Sorry about that. Should I put you down for a Wannawanga replica? Or would you rather pick up a vintage one from the Junkyard?

Thanks for getting in on the run anyway. I've updated the list. (y)

Thanks Chris! That's awesome. I'm pretty sure the vintage chunks are all gone though I'm afraid. Sorry about that. Should I put you down for a Wannawanga replica? Or would you rather pick up a vintage one from the Junkyard?

Thanks for getting in on the run anyway. I've updated the list. (y)
Thanks Dave for letting me know. No worries about the vintage chunk, I should be able to source one. If anyone backs out and you have extra please let me know, but otherwise I'll figure it out. Going for another all vintage V2!

Thanks Dave for letting me know. No worries about the vintage chunk, I should be able to source one. If anyone backs out and you have extra please let me know, but otherwise I'll figure it out. Going for another all vintage V2!
i have some if you want one

That's awesome, Mike. Thank you! Much appreciated. I've updated the list (y)

I took some photos of the Motor/Battery set up today:

View attachment 1492892

As I've mentioned in the thread, the internals and motor that I'll be supplying are a modern approximation of what would have been in the original motorised stunt. It just wouldn't have been feasible to source vintage parts for the entire run (although the hilt has been designed to take vintage parts for those who wish to find them for themselves). The battery holder that I've sourced comes with a jack pre-installed, so I've gone with those connectors to make the install as easy (and tidy as possible). I'm still 50/50 on weather to swap the DC jacks out for Anderson connectors. This would make the kit more accurate to the original, but more complicated to install.

I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts on this. I'm happy to go with whatever people prefer as the difference in cost is negligible. (y)

Thanks again everyone!

MTFBWY,

Dave
Hi Dave. I think it will be better with Anderson connectors even if it is more difficult to install. A standard jack looks too modern in my opinion.

You mentioned it in the messages with us, and yes - with solid material you can easily get a suction connection on the tang! I filled some of my empty blades with foam to mimic the old antennas and I got it stuck many times :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back