Hello everybody! I finally made a video going over the whole suit and all the parts involved. Please check it out if you need help.

I see the template, but I'm new to making armor. Does this have any instructions?
I'll probably make another video in the future going over the template and how I got the suit itself from the template. But for now check out my overview video of the suit. There is a lot of info about what I did that can help.

Hey ! First I would like to say that your armor looks really good, it allowed me to convince my friends to make one with me :D. But there is a thing I would like to know : how much foam did you approximately used for the complete armor ? Knowing this would allow me not to buy too much or not enough foam. Anyway, thank you very much for sharing the files (y).
Hello, I'm glad you liked the armor!

The foam I used came in a roll that was pretty long. I used a lot of it, I would say 1 and 1/2 rolls of this stuff, it was quite a lot. I think it was this one that I linked here:

There are similar ones out there so maybe look around for some if you can't find it. Hope this helps. :)

hiya thanks for the templates, how did you manage to make the helmet so neat, did you coat it in some kind of sealer first? ive tried to make a similar kind of project before but i can still see my lines that ive cut out through the spray paint? is there anything you recommend to use? im just not sure what the best materials are to use to acheive the best finish.
i used an instant filler paste to fill my gaps in but could still see marks through the spray.

Secondly, are all the templates the correct size ready to print out when you open them in pepakura?
Hello, So after I coated the inside of the helmet with liquid plastic and let it dry, I just covered the outside with a type of wall putty I got from Lowe's. I had to sand it down and reapply putty a few times, but I eventually got it smooth enough. I then just painted over it, and lastly installed the visor. Hope this helps, but you can check out my video in which I cover all the armor pieces including the helmet.

The helmet pepakura file is the same size when you open it as the one I used. I highly recommend scaling up the helmet just a little as it is a very tight fit if you just print the pepakura file as it is.

hey loves the files however I am only using to the arm pieces for my costume (Jedi) however I am struggling with putting them together could you show me close up picture of your arm pieces thanks
Hello, The gauntlet is a fairly simple piece, I haven't covered it directly just yet, but I made a video going over all of the armor pieces individually. It might give you a better view of what it looks like.

Hello, I'm glad you liked the armor!

The foam I used came in a roll that was pretty long. I used a lot of it, I would say 1 and 1/2 rolls of this stuff, it was quite a lot. I think it was this one that I linked here:

There are similar ones out there so maybe look around for some if you can't find it. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the answer, it helps me a lot. (y)

For the helmet, I didn't want to make a paper one and then cover it with resin or things like that so I unfolded a pepakura file for foam, i'm posting it here if anyone wants it.
It's my really first foam unfolding so some parts may not be made the best way but I hope this will help anyway.
I'm first going to make one out of really cheap foam to check if the size is good, then i'll probably make a tutorial about it with eva foam because some parts can be a bit tricky and it could be really helpful for those who are not used to foam builds.

Attachments

• clone phase II unfolded.pdo
    1.9 MB · Views: 796
Hi, first can I say these files are a blessing, I am reall enjoying making mine. However I am currently making the back and I just can’t figure out how it’s all gonna fit together. I’ve attached some images. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Josh
image.jpg

Hi, first can I say these files are a blessing, I am reall enjoying making mine. However I am currently making the back and I just can’t figure out how it’s all gonna fit together. I’ve attached some images. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks JoshView attachment 1296971
You're doing it right,however you have to find the side pieces of the back (highlighted on the picture). I don't want to misguide you but I think you're looking for those side panels to attach to the rest of the back files on your picture. I hope I could help with this!
rextorso.JPG
May the force be with you all!

For the helmet, I didn't want to make a paper one and then cover it with resin or things like that so I unfolded a pepakura file for foam, i'm posting it here if anyone wants it.
It's my really first foam unfolding so some parts may not be made the best way but I hope this will help anyway.
I'm first going to make one out of really cheap foam to check if the size is good, then i'll probably make a tutorial about it with eva foam because some parts can be a bit tricky and it could be really helpful for those who are not used to foam builds.
Thanks for make a foam helmet! I know that is one thing that a lot of people want over the paper/resin builds.

Hi, first can I say these files are a blessing, I am reall enjoying making mine. However I am currently making the back and I just can’t figure out how it’s all gonna fit together. I’ve attached some images. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks JoshView attachment 1296971
Hey Josh! Glad your enjoying the templates.

For the back, you'll need to bevel a lot of the edges of the pieces to make the backpack section stick out more like I showed in my video. I'll make another video soon going over the templates and how they fit to the foam.

Your armor is looking great so far!

I'd love to see the finished helmet!

is it possible for you to change that unfolded into a pdf file

Hey Josh! Glad your enjoying the templates.

For the back, you'll need to bevel a lot of the edges of the pieces to make the backpack section stick out more like I showed in my video. I'll make another video soon going over the templates and how they fit to the foam.

Your armor is looking great so far!
First of all,you're a real inspiration,I don't know if I said this before,but your armor is one of my favorites out there.
Second,can I share the foam version of the helmet you used for your costume?

First of all,you're a real inspiration,I don't know if I said this before,but your armor is one of my favorites out there.
Second,can I share the foam version of the helmet you used for your costume?
Thank you! I remember searching endlessly for foam templates myself in the past and I was unable to find very many. I really enjoy making costumes and I want others to have fun building a suit without having to make a whole template from scratch. And yeah, feel free to share any templates or remix them however you want. :)

Hey Guys! I just wanted to share the newest video I made going over the templates. If you have requests, feel free to put them in the YouTube chat!

Thanks.

So here it is,"foamised" template of the phase 2 clone helmet from The Clone Wars. Minor info: I added the flaps at some point to be the plus material under specific areas on the helmet (see more at JFCustom's foam files thread). Anyway,I'm really glad Ryzer for this file, I couldn't have found it anywhere.

Attachments

• TCW Clone_phase_2.pdo
    376.8 KB · Views: 505
Hello all,
Ryzer117 thanks for uploading your cosplay trooper! Love your pictures and YouTube video. I appreciate your explanation videos.

I decided to give this project a shot since I have just gotten into making a foam cosplay the mandalorian outfit for my son's birthday gift.

I figure I can use Odinmakes YouTube video for the foam captain rex helmet to go with this suit. I started with a shin pattern going to attach a picture or two of my progress so far.

Attachments

• 20200516_220518.jpg
    20200516_220518.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 370
  • 20200516_214227.jpg
    20200516_214227.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 378
  • 20200516_214209.jpg
    20200516_214209.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 380
Back side of the shin with velcro added. This is the left leg side.

Attachments

• 20200517_122738.jpg
    20200517_122738.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 303
  • 20200517_122734.jpg
    20200517_122734.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 316

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back