Hey so i think you armor is really cool and i want to use your designs to help make my cosplay but i am a little confused based on what you have written.
1. what does flip 2x mean (like a mirror image cut)
2. do the numbers mean inches or how they connect together
3. do you have instructions anywhere on how once cut how to assemble all the pieces
Hello,
Sorry for the confusion, I would love to make a tutorial or walk-through for my process sometime in the future but it may take some time (I'm in college right now mid semester.)

Takanuva made a good response to your 1st question above about "flip" meaning "mirroring"
The numbers on the edges of the templates are meant for matching with the same number. There are only two of each corresponding numbers. Match them like a puzzle.
Again, I would like to make some better instructions sometime, but I think foam cosplay is fairly common and you can find similar tutorials on YouTube. I would recommend Punished Props Academy, AndrewDFT, and Odin Makes as resources.

Hope this helps.

It means that the templates are usable for both left and right halves. You cut it out like normal, flip it over, and assemble it that way so it's mirrored. You put the edges with the matching numbers together. I hope that clarifies things. I've been meaning to remake my Mandalorian armor (all of my work was done by impatient, skill limited high school me) and I might have to steal and modify some of these templates for my thighs and gauntlets. and if I didn't have enough projects already, now I want to make a phase two Rex Thanks for making these templates Ryzer!
No Problem! Good luck with your projects.

Love the designs! I will definitely be using those to make my own set of armor! However, what do you do for the grey lines that say cut and bevel? Is that on the backside of the part? I'm sure it's very simple but I'm just having a hard time seeing it.

Hey I don't use pepkura (I have a Mac). But I like the design for your helmet. Is there any way you could post a pdf version of your helmet, or does pepkura not work like that?

Hey I don't use pepkura (I have a Mac). But I like the design for your helmet. Is there any way you could post a pdf version of your helmet, or does pepkura not work like that?
I put the original sized helmet (the size I used) in .pdf format. Its set for US Letter paper but you might be able to change it if you need to; I've never used a Mac. If you need it bigger, I could scale it up some. Good luck!

Quick reminder: The helmet template is not meant for foam specifically. You could try modifying it for foam if you wanted to though.

Update: I added numbers to the edges so its easy to line up the pieces.

Attachments

• Helmet TCW Clone_phase_2 (With Numbered Edges).pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,002
Last edited:
I put the original sized helmet (the size I used) in .pdf format. Its set for US Letter paper but you might be able to change it if you need to; I've never used a Mac. If you need it bigger, I could scale it up some. Good luck!

Quick reminder: The helmet template is not meant for foam specifically. You could try modifying it for foam if you wanted to though.
Thank you! I don't know why the other (original) file didn't work... But that one did. Thanks a bunch.

Love the designs! I will definitely be using those to make my own set of armor! However, what do you do for the grey lines that say cut and bevel? Is that on the backside of the part? I'm sure it's very simple but I'm just having a hard time seeing it.
Hello,

You are correct about the bevel. I intended it to be on the bottom of the foam piece. It was just difficult to demonstrate on a 2D page.
Here's a picture of the thigh piece's front bevel for reference. It's a little beaten up lol.

Attachments

• ThighBevel2.jpg
    ThighBevel2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 701
  • ThighBevel.jpg
    ThighBevel.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 693
OH NOOO there aren't any numbers on the helmet parts.
Did they not come through on the file, or did you piece them together like a psychotic jigsaw puzzle?

Did they not come through on the file, or did you piece them together like a psychotic jigsaw puzzle?
I used the 3D model as a guide and connected the pieces together. You can click on each part and it will highlight it on The model.

Sorry for the late reply. I put numbers on the edges in the PDF helmet file if anyone needs it.

Attachments

• Helmet TCW Clone_phase_2 (With Numbered Edges).pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 514
Last edited:
hiya thanks for the templates, how did you manage to make the helmet so neat, did you coat it in some kind of sealer first? ive tried to make a similar kind of project before but i can still see my lines that ive cut out through the spray paint? is there anything you recommend to use? im just not sure what the best materials are to use to acheive the best finish.
i used an instant filler paste to fill my gaps in but could still see marks through the spray.

Secondly, are all the templates the correct size ready to print out when you open them in pepakura?

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share the Armor that I made and the foam files that I used to make my armor below. The files were heavily modified from the BSD Rex files that I found online. I would say the armor is 95% screen accurate to the TCW version of the clone trooper, so it is not perfect but it's pretty close. I did not make the Pepakura files for the helmet, just fyi. Feel free to change it however you want. I would love to see a picture if you do make anything from the files. :)

View attachment 1017443 View attachment 1017445 View attachment 1017444 View attachment 1017449
Hello everyone. I just wanted to share the Armor that I made and the foam files that I used to make my armor below. The files were heavily modified from the BSD Rex files that I found online. I would say the armor is 95% screen accurate to the TCW version of the clone trooper, so it is not perfect but it's pretty close. I did not make the Pepakura files for the helmet, just fyi. Feel free to change it however you want. I would love to see a picture if you do make anything from the files. :)

View attachment 1017443 View attachment 1017445 View attachment 1017444 View attachment 1017449
hey loves the files however I am only using to the arm pieces for my costume (Jedi) however I am struggling with putting them together could you show me close up picture of your arm pieces thanks

Hey ! First I would like to say that your armor looks really good, it allowed me to convince my friends to make one with me :D. But there is a thing I would like to know : how much foam did you approximately used for the complete armor ? Knowing this would allow me not to buy too much or not enough foam. Anyway, thank you very much for sharing the files (y).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back