Bill & Ted Face the Music

You don't think it's possible that Bill and Ted may have gotten a little wiser as they got older?

Even if they theoretically have (being fiction and all), is that necessarily the funniest way to go? I'm not watching Bill & Ted for drama, after all.

A lot of the jokes reused in the 2nd movie (having Missy change husbands, for example) are a non-starter and that's probably a good thing as I thought that was kind of weak. Bogus Journey definitely wasn't firing on all cylinders, IMO. It had its moments, but the booths changed, the way they dressed in the future changed (went from the stark raincoat look Carlin had to that pastel bright colored mess and suddenly the future looked lot...well dumber in the 2nd movie. The "Station" aliens and their robots were almost as bad as the Ewoks were in ROTJ, IMO.

On the plus side, Death was hilarious as was Bill & Ted possessing their own parents and the bad guy robots were amusing. Hell wasn't too shabby, but kind of short.

One of the funniest Beavis & Butthead episodes was where it showed them in the future and they hadn't changed much other than getting fatter, beard stubble and having a lower pitched laugh. It was hilarious and made me wish they'd had some episodes in the future to show more.

I hate to come to any conclusions from a short preview, though. I'm hoping the best stuff is NOT in the previews (too many movies have all the funny/good parts in the preview and then you're baffled how anyone thought the movie would even work when you see it).

Hell, at this point I'm hoping the movie is actually released this summer and not pushed back to eternity like all the rest of the movies the industry is too chicken to release straight to streaming along with the theaters (after threats with that Trolls World Tour movie, personally I think Hollywood should double down on it instead of letting themselves be pushed around, but that's not really their style. They tend to cave, cower and generally give in when threatened with bad publicity. Hell, they pulled Gone With The Wind from HBO streaming for awhile there.... It's unreal. History should be preserved to learn from it, not erased. Things forgotten tend to repeat, after all.

Even if they theoretically have (being fiction and all), is that necessarily the funniest way to go? I'm not watching Bill & Ted for drama, after all.

A lot of the jokes reused in the 2nd movie (having Missy change husbands, for example) are a non-starter and that's probably a good thing as I thought that was kind of weak. Bogus Journey definitely wasn't firing on all cylinders, IMO. It had its moments, but the booths changed, the way they dressed in the future changed (went from the stark raincoat look Carlin had to that pastel bright colored mess and suddenly the future looked lot...well dumber in the 2nd movie. The "Station" aliens and their robots were almost as bad as the Ewoks were in ROTJ, IMO.

On the plus side, Death was hilarious as was Bill & Ted possessing their own parents and the bad guy robots were amusing. Hell wasn't too shabby, but kind of short.

One of the funniest Beavis & Butthead episodes was where it showed them in the future and they hadn't changed much other than getting fatter, beard stubble and having a lower pitched laugh. It was hilarious and made me wish they'd had some episodes in the future to show more.

I hate to come to any conclusions from a short preview, though. I'm hoping the best stuff is NOT in the previews (too many movies have all the funny/good parts in the preview and then you're baffled how anyone thought the movie would even work when you see it).

So.... you don't think it's possible that Bill and Ted may have gotten a little wiser as they got older.

You don't think it's possible that Bill and Ted may have gotten a little wiser as they got older?

Indeed; my main concern from the trailer is that they seem too stupid for 50 year olds who've raised kids – not to mention watching a middle aged Alex Winters and Keanu Reeves try to talk like they're still teenagers is embarrassing. If age hasn't brought the characters any wisdom at all, why even make the damn movie?

Indeed; my main concern from the trailer is that they seem too stupid for 50 year olds who've raised kids – not to mention watching a middle aged Alex Winters and Keanu Reeves try to talk like they're still teenagers is embarrassing. If age hasn't brought the characters any wisdom at all, why even make the damn movie?

You do understand it's supposed to be a comedy, right? It's not the search for Nirvana. If you have no interest in the "damn movie" then don't watch it. It's as simple as that.

There's also a big difference between "intelligence" and "wisdom". The former doesn't actually increase as you get older. If anything, it tends to go down. Your IQ is supposedly set at birth by genetics. Knowledge can be increased, but not intelligence. Wisdom is more of a learning process. So while wisdom might go up for these guys, that won't somehow turn them into brainiacs. Surfer culture doesn't go away just because you get older either. They're from San Dimas, a place with the most excellent water slides on Earth! Raging Waters! Who among us haven't gone out of our way to go to Raging Waters (Waterlube!) ?

not to mention watching a middle aged Alex Winters and Keanu Reeves try to talk like they're still teenagers is embarrassing

Listen to Rufus at the beginning of Excellent Adventure. They ALL talk that way in the future! Earth models life after these two idiots. That's what's so damn funny about it all and the reason for the bad guy in the 2nd movie who hates that crap.

Besides, looking at Generation Z (as in Zombie) coming of age today and the things going on these days, I'd say the movie was spot on with the stupidity thing, except I don't expect great water parks and alien contact, but mile long lines to get a loaf of bread while wearing a damn cloth mask for the rest of our sorry lives.... Thank you Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat and all you Millennial parents! Great job! I know both my nieces want to be ART majors. One wants a job curating a museum! They're going to be living in my brother's basement the rest of their lives....

Bogus.

Last edited:
I know a lot of idiot 50 year old adults with kids.... the world is full of them so that idea isn't all that far fetched to me.

As for the trailer it didn't grab me but I do like the concept of the movie considering so many in my generation and gen x before me have floundered through life trying to find purpose or direction, myself being one of them. Hopefully they capture a bit of that in the movie while maintaining some heart and plenty of laughs.

Last edited:
Previously, the film had been moved up a week earlier from the originally scheduled week of release. Now, it's apparently it's been pushed back to the week it was originally scheduled to be released. I'm just hoping it doesn't get delayed a year or ends up going to streaming (I want to see this film in the theaters, damn it!).

Oh lord, it's a mashup and remake of the first two movies, with historical musicians replacing the historical figures from the first one.

OMG, I hate to say it, but that new trailer looks totally AWFUL (as in not funny, even slightly).

Hopefully, this won't deter you from seeing the film. I mean, there are a lot of good movies that didn't get their audiences sooner due to a poor trailer. I mean, just look at Innerspace as a great example. And, honestly, if you look at the trailer for the first film, it wasn't really funny either (but that's just my opinion, and more than likely due to years of actually watching the films).

I'm less concerned about the trailer not being funny and more worried about how derivative of itself the movie looks. Granted trailers are often inaccurate or misleading, but the movie they're selling looks like Bill & Ted: Genisys.

I'm less concerned about the trailer not being funny and more worried about how derivative of itself the movie looks. Granted trailers are often inaccurate or misleading, but the movie they're selling looks like Bill & Ted: Genisys.

Well, the writers stated that it would be the same feeling as the first two films. And it's being directed by the same guy who did Galaxy Quest (and unfortunately directed Red 2 and Home Fries). So, it's hard to know where it'll land on being good or bad.

Hopefully, this won't deter you from seeing the film. I mean, there are a lot of good movies that didn't get their audiences sooner due to a poor trailer. I mean, just look at Innerspace as a great example. And, honestly, if you look at the trailer for the first film, it wasn't really funny either (but that's just my opinion, and more than likely due to years of actually watching the films).

No, I'll definitely watch it (don't want to rent it at home for $20 though in case the theaters close again, but I'd buy it when it came down). I'm just not holding my breath. I didn't think Bogus Journey was half as funny as Excellent Adventure so "combining" the two isn't necessarily what I'm looking for.

Who is that actress that's in the "egg" thing (replacing George Carlin presumably)? I think if it was a woman, I would have expected Sarah Silverman or something. I don't even recognize that woman. And the mother from Two and a Half Men replacing Bernie Mac in the future (with totally different fashions from the first movie)? What's up with that? Has the future already changed? I liked the "more excellent water slides" bit from the first movie. The 2nd movie already started looking more like fruit stripes gum than some cool George Carlin world with excellent water slides. I'm afraid to even ask what kind of soundtrack they're going to have in 2020 (seeing as "rock" as we knew it in the late '80s and early '90s is DEAD (more or less)). If it's rap, hip-hop or country I might just off myself....

These guys idolized Eddie Van Halen so I hope in all the modern "wokeness" they don't lose sight of the audience of the original. Man, nothing beats Big Pig's "I Can't Break Away" (I had a hard time finding their (Aussie) album in the US... "My Iron Lung is Rusty!") and Shark Island's "Father Time" in the original. I still love that soundtrack. I can just imagine them putting Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift on this soundtrack.... (because that's what Generation Z likes and Hollywood MUST cater to "wokeness" and Generation Z as Generation X is OLD and unimportant and Millennials are on their way out soon too). o_O At least put some Clutch on there or something that could almost pass for rock (ZZ Top wannabes that they are).

Dancing With A Gypsy.... loved that one too. The Boys and the Girls are Doing it.... OH YEAH. (no Yellow!?)

No, I'll definitely watch it (don't want to rent it at home for $20 though in case the theaters close again, but I'd buy it when it came down). I'm just not holding my breath. I didn't think Bogus Journey was half as funny as Excellent Adventure so "combining" the two isn't necessarily what I'm looking for.

Who is that actress that's in the "egg" thing (replacing George Carlin presumably)? I think if it was a woman, I would have expected Sarah Silverman or something. I don't even recognize that woman. And the mother from Two and a Half Men replacing Bernie Mac in the future (with totally different fashions from the first movie)? What's up with that? Has the future already changed? I liked the "more excellent water slides" bit from the first movie. The 2nd movie already started looking more like fruit stripes gum than some cool George Carlin world with excellent water slides. I'm afraid to even ask what kind of soundtrack they're going to have in 2020 (seeing as "rock" as we knew it in the late '80s and early '90s is DEAD (more or less)). If it's rap, hip-hop or country I might just off myself....

These guys idolized Eddie Van Halen so I hope in all the modern "wokeness" they don't lose sight of the audience of the original. Man, nothing beats Big Pig's "I Can't Break Away" (I had a hard time finding their (Aussie) album in the US... "My Iron Lung is Rusty!") and Shark Island's "Father Time" in the original. I still love that soundtrack. I can just imagine them putting Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift on this soundtrack.... (because that's what Generation Z likes and Hollywood MUST cater to "wokeness" and Generation Z as Generation X is OLD and unimportant and Millennials are on their way out soon too). o_O At least put some Clutch on there or something that could almost pass for rock (ZZ Top wannabes that they are).

Dancing With A Gypsy.... loved that one too. The Boys and the Girls are Doing it.... OH YEAH. (no Yellow!?)

We'll get answers to al those questions for the film. Hopefully. I'm sure there isn't gonna be any "wokeness" (not any more than already presented in the second film, where Ted commented on how Station's butt looked nice). However, I like to think that the first two films are on two separate timelines that played somewhat the same (this would account for the different Circle K location seen in the second film that is hinted to be the same one from the first film, as there's a burn mark on the ground caused by the phone booth), as well as different actresses for the princesses (granted, I know, they couldn't get the same actresses or locations from the first film for continuity purposes). So, maybe, for the third film, this is a third timeline, again with the same continuity, but things are different (with the future looking different from how it appeared in the first and second films).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back