Bill & Ted Face the Music

Thousands of fans and film critics who have been calling for a third film to tie together the story of the Wyld Stallyns? People (myself included) have wanted to see the duo fulfill their destiny by saving the universe. As for the music? I thought a pretty large portion of it was fantastic, especially the pieces "Circuits of Time" and the reality-saving song "Face the Music" were both excellent! *air guitar*

The tributes to George Carlin, both the hologram and Mastodon's song "Rufus Lives", were lovely ways to honor arguably the most integral character in the films. Bridgette Lundy-Paine and Samara Weaving were perfect as Little Bill (Billie) and Little Ted (Thea), and deserved much more recognition for their parts in the film. The makeup and practical effects were unparalleled as well, as shown by the amazing robot suit for Dennis Caleb-McCoy.

The movie was a cash grab. The second movie ended the franchise perfectly (even though accidentally as that wasn't what was intended, the credit sequence was done by an outside vendor). Part 2 showed them as two losers who made good. The third movie showed them as losers who never went anywhere. That's a terrible place to take your franchise. They didn't need to have a tribute to George Carlin because Carlin was still around at the end of the second movie. They should have just left well enough alone and not tried to make a buck off of the corpse of a long-dead series of movies, thus perpetuating the absurd Hollywood reboot/unnecessary sequel machine.

The movie was a cash grab. The second movie ended the franchise perfectly (even though accidentally as that wasn't what was intended, the credit sequence was done by an outside vendor). Part 2 showed them as two losers who made good. The third movie showed them as losers who never went anywhere. That's a terrible place to take your franchise. They didn't need to have a tribute to George Carlin because Carlin was still around at the end of the second movie. They should have just left well enough alone and not tried to make a buck off of the corpse of a long-dead series of movies, thus perpetuating the absurd Hollywood reboot/unnecessary sequel machine.
Your take on the story makes sense, I definitely get feeling it was unnecessary or undermined what we've had in our heads since the early 90s. The last bit though, that's objectively not what happened to bring the movie about. The studios didn't see it as a moneymaking opportunity, but said no to the (original) writers who'd been hoping to make it for decades. Steven Soderbergh actually called up the studio execs and lobbied for it to be made after he read the script and thought it was great, felt it should be produced.

For my part, I really enjoyed it and was satisfied with how they made it work without negating the originals.

Your take on the story makes sense, I definitely get feeling it was unnecessary or undermined what we've had in our heads since the early 90s. The last bit though, that's objectively not what happened to bring the movie about. The studios didn't see it as a moneymaking opportunity, but said no to the (original) writers who'd been hoping to make it for decades. Steven Soderbergh actually called up the studio execs and lobbied for it to be made after he read the script and thought it was great, felt it should be produced.

For my part, I really enjoyed it and was satisfied with how they made it work without negating the originals.

Hollywood is getting progressively worse as time goes by. Today, they'll green light anything that they think will make a buck (or they can write off on their taxes). It was only a matter of time.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back