Bill & Ted Face the Music

:lol:
You clearly missed my point.
It doesn’t matter WHO it is. You might as we well have listed Ringo Starr as the best drummer.
My point was that you stated, “...but we all know the greatest...”. Who are YOU to speak for the rest of us?

:lol:
You clearly missed my point.
My point was that you stated, “...but we all know the greatest...”. Who are YOU to speak for the rest of us?

The ridiculous part or the laughable part from the prior post? It's hard to know from your statement that what you really had a problem with was not recognizing hyperbole when you see it. Or do you seriously believe I think the whole world agrees on matters that are subjective in nature? Debbi Peterson would be a better choice than 11,000 BC fiction and they'd still have another female to put on-screen for their woke sequel.

Was watching the first one yesterday. Maybe it is just me, but for 31 years two things have bugged me about this movie. First off, no phone booth EVER had a door that folded towards the outside, they always folded inward. Secondly, the phone inside says 20cents for a phone call. I'm pretty sure by 1989 all phone calls were 25cents. In fact, I can't find anything on Google saying phone calls were ever 20cents. I certainly don't remember any. It jumped straight from a dime to a quarter.

Oh wait, I forgot--it's a movie.........nevermind....

Was watching the first one yesterday. Maybe it is just me, but for 31 years two things have bugged me about this movie. First off, no phone booth EVER had a door that folded towards the outside, they always folded inward. Secondly, the phone inside says 20cents for a phone call. I'm pretty sure by 1989 all phone calls were 25cents. In fact, I can't find anything on Google saying phone calls were ever 20cents. I certainly don't remember any. It jumped straight from a dime to a quarter.

They were 20 cents in some parts of the country. California changed to 20 cents around 1985.

I watched the movie on my Oculus Go via Amazon a prime VR (I wanted to have as much of a movie theater experience, since I wasn't able to go to see it in the theaters). I really enjoyed it. It was wholesome, and it certainly made me feel like the little kid that got introduced to them and their first adventure which I saw at a drive-in that used to exist in my home town. To me, it's a typical Bill and Ted film (just don't think about it and enjoy the ride).

Ok, but show me those outside folding telephone booth doors.

Sorry, I'm not a telephone booth expert. I'm still not sure how they fit all those people in there. You'd be lucky to fit three people in a telephone booth. I think they removed the back wall or something.

I saw it, it was "meh", the music was entirely forgettable, in fact, the whole movie was completely forgettable. Who said we needed one of these again?

Neil never Though of him self as “The Greatest”

He worshipped Keith Moon and rightly so and through our many arguments :Dgot me to appreciate Copeland more than I did

My point, however taken too literally (some of my college friends who were drummers themselves practically worshipped Neil), is that a REAL drummer that had notable talent would have been preferable to them looking for another reason to squeeze another woman in the band, especially if they had to make someone up to levels of absurdities to do it. There are real female drummers out there. Why not use one? It simply seems they aren't notable enough to justify their inclusion with the other more well known musicians from history so the solution is, of course it needs to be someone in pre-recorded history we know nothing about. Some claimed the film was not going to be "woke" yet it felt like they were using everything in their power (including wiping out nearly everything the previous movies established about why Bill & Ted were important in the first place) to present their more "diverse" view of the future where Bill & Ted were never important in the slightest (other than having kids, it seems).

The very premise of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was that these two morons actually change the world for the better and that's why it's funny. Bogus Journey introduces the notion that not everyone in the future likes the tasty waves future and wants to change it back. The third movie says Bill & Ted are unimportant people that just happened to be there when an unexplained riff in space-time started wiping out the Universe but everyone everywhere could change that by all singing whatever claptrap (the song is not important) together. It's the ultimate Kumbaya moment of "Everyone is equal." "Everyone saved the world." Bill & Ted are irrelevant. What's the most funny about that is that Bill & Ted aren't real and this movie takes them seriously as if they are. Instead of great music changing people's attitudes and creating harmony (a musical concept itself), we have a space-time rift (Sci-Fi danger Will Robinson!) and utter irrelevance, kind of like the movie itself. Remove the plot from the movie and there are some fun bits here and there along the way. The first movie had an absurd plot as an excuse for the movie jokes and circumstances. This movie had a planned plot to make the previous movies irrelevant and promote the current Hollywood notion of what the future should be as if anyone was supposed to take the first two movies seriously. They were comedies for goodness sake.

54e8865ab70a8d92652008343b18b9a8.gif

I saw it, it was "meh", the music was entirely forgettable, in fact, the whole movie was completely forgettable. Who said we needed one of these again?
Thousands of fans and film critics who have been calling for a third film to tie together the story of the Wyld Stallyns? People (myself included) have wanted to see the duo fulfill their destiny by saving the universe. As for the music? I thought a pretty large portion of it was fantastic, especially the pieces "Circuits of Time" and the reality-saving song "Face the Music" were both excellent! *air guitar*

The tributes to George Carlin, both the hologram and Mastodon's song "Rufus Lives", were lovely ways to honor arguably the most integral character in the films. Bridgette Lundy-Paine and Samara Weaving were perfect as Little Bill (Billie) and Little Ted (Thea), and deserved much more recognition for their parts in the film. The makeup and practical effects were unparalleled as well, as shown by the amazing robot suit for Dennis Caleb-McCoy.

I think the outward doors were more of a practical decision, as it would have probably been really difficult to close the doors with all those personages of historical signifacance inside! I was born long after 1989, but the pricing of the phone call may have been related to the local cost of a call in San Dimas, CA, along with the fact that production on the film was done in 1987, as the film was supposed to be released in '88, but was shelved until '89.

Thousands of fans and film critics who have been calling for a third film to tie together the story of the Wyld Stallyns? People (myself included) have wanted to see the duo fulfill their destiny by saving the universe. As for the music? I thought a pretty large portion of it was fantastic, especially the pieces "Circuits of Time" and the reality-saving song "Face the Music" were both excellent! *air guitar*

The tributes to George Carlin, both the hologram and Mastodon's song "Rufus Lives", were lovely ways to honor arguably the most integral character in the films. Bridgette Lundy-Paine and Samara Weaving were perfect as Little Bill (Billie) and Little Ted (Thea), and deserved much more recognition for their parts in the film. The makeup and practical effects were unparalleled as well, as shown by the amazing robot suit for Dennis Caleb-McCoy.

Except they didn't fulfill their destiny. They had no destiny. They were reduced to being two nobodies and none of it mattered including the history report since they admitted they had nothing to do with any of it as their only goal was to get the whole world to sing a song (of any kind) at the same time. Wow. So much for the future digging their music and acting like them. The whole 2nd movie was based on getting rid of that cultural nightmare, but in the 3rd movie it never happened since the music wasn't important. Why would they "totally worship us there Rufus" if their music sucked and they didn't do anything (their kids did)? So much for excellent water slides.....

Except they didn't fulfill their destiny. They had no destiny. They were reduced to being two nobodies and none of it mattered including the history report since they admitted they had nothing to do with any of it as their only goal was to get the whole world to sing a song (of any kind) at the same time. Wow. So much for the future digging their music and acting like them. The whole 2nd movie was based on getting rid of that cultural nightmare, but in the 3rd movie it never happened since the music wasn't important. Why would they "totally worship us there Rufus" if their music sucked and they didn't do anything (their kids did)? So much for excellent water slides.....
Part 3 is an alternate time line to me. Bill and Ted 2 ended it perfectly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back