ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

Yeah, just filled a can with some lead fishing weights and hit it with the torch. :lol Yes, they got here quick! They may not be perfect, but they are miles ahead of those plastic ones.

Great looking blaster base so far, Clutch! Other than reading it in this thread, people will never be able to tell what parts it's made up from once it's finished. That C96 replica is bound to confuse someone someday. ;)

-Carson

With the available video quality for NR it's tough to tell for sure but I noticed a possible difference between the NR's upper receiver vs. the ANH Hero's.

I wonder if there were two custom bull barreled Mausers built instead of one, and why would the Merr Sonn have the ANH upper and the NR lower?.. :confused

ak6jYOVO.png

7EDXVhra.png

-Carson

Last edited:

Great work so far clutch!

One thing you should take care of, even if it might be too late since you already filled the holes, is to reshape the trigger.

The Denix trigger is WAY too bulky!
On my MGC´s I used real C96 triggers and it makes a world of a difference IMHO.

So if you have the chance AND are willing to fill the hole for the trigger pin again, file it down ;)

Markus

Now you tell me! :lol Didn't think to check that. I don't have a real one to compare to, only my MGC. I don't remember seeing much difference unless MGC is way off as well. Also, was the scope mount (the part that actually touches the scope) a found item? I'm thinking if it was, then it wouldn't get as scratched up as the mounting bracket, which I am assuming was just aluminum painted black. Where I'm going with this is I'm thinking about asking for the bracket and knobs to not be anodized so that they can be easily weathered?

pix416469485.jpg

Last edited:

The MGC trigger is better but has this "insert" which a real one doesn´t have. As you can see the real trigger is much "pointy" and slimmer than on the Denix.

But even with all the holes filled already, you should be able to reshape it with some efforts...
Tape/ mask your trigger guard and C96 body as good and you can to avoid scratching. Put it in a vice and get to work with a coarse file.

To my knowledge it was never determined wheter the actual scope mount was a found item or specially built for NR. But based on the pre-production shots of the Han hero DL44, it´s clearly blued and not painted!

Markus

Gonna get started on that trigger soon. Thanks for pointing that out, o' master of blasters!

the Denix trigger can be reshaped but be careful, it is zink.

You can "bend" it to get a curve closer to the HERO then file as needed.

I put a pipe in the curve of the trigger and "lightly" hammered to get a tighter curve.

blastertriggercopy.jpg

the trigger can also be set back to the proper position by altering the cocking notch and drilling a new hole for the pin forward of where it is. You can fill the hole with "low melt" soldier.

you can also make the rear of the trigger guard "rounder" by using a 1 inch or so pipe inside the guard and gently hammering (on the pipe) to reshape the back of the guard slightly, then file/dremel the outside contour to match the HERO.

Last edited:

Keep in mind my trigger is way too far forward because the gun is taken apart here.

^ You are correct sir... That's what happens when you work too fast!

The Denix is still too far forward and not curved enough... and has that little bump curve at the top rear of the trigger that is not on the HERO.

Here is a revised image from an assembled Denix.

What I described earlier is what I did to mine. Relocating the pin, re shaping etc.

just not as far forward as the earlier pic.

blastertriggerrevisedco.jpg

...By the way Clutch, the anodizing is easily weather-able. It would be easy to scuff off some color to look worn. If you got them raw, you would need to paint them anyway (in aluminum.) so the base color would help.

Last edited:

I've sanded anodized bars on MPP replicas to make them silver instead of black and I remember it was a pain to get that stuff to come off.

Maybe to get it all off but to just wear the edges a bit it shouldn't be too tough... I'm sure if you want to leave them raw we could. What about the rest of the parts?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back