ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

Thanks. The only problem mixing metal and plastic is going to present is breakage. Drop this and something is snapping off. I have a ton of filing ahead of me since I took the hammer and safety off. The channel present isn't wide enough. :(

How close is the thinner/middle area of the two hammers? If they're close enough you may be able to cut the Denix hammer square in the thinner/middle area, then cut and attach the upper accurate portion of the resin hammer on top of the remaining lower portion of the Denix hammer.

-Carson

Thanks for the input! Interesting thoughts to consider.

(a member suggested that it may not be clear the this project was a GO!)

This IS happening, right now actually!

Carson will be posting the link to the shop for the actual ordering of the parts.

I think you all will be very pleased with the ordering system. It has a menu and all the options to simply click and put in your shopping cart.

The shop can accept Credit cards and Paypal for security.

The production will be conducted with very professionally and will have updates as it goes.

After the first 25 orders are in, the shop will order the materials needed and begin the run.

As more orders come in, he will place them on the second run list.

From the start of the run to delivery should be about 6 weeks for all the parts and Anodizing etc.

There will be updates and photos and vids of the progress.

So, to be clear...

This project IS happening.

The Run is about to commence!

Denix can suck it! Had to get the Dremel out and grind this down. It was so loud, I had to use ear protection. Side A was as wide as side B.

solob5.jpg

Now the hammer/safety will fit. Still a ton of work to do!

solob6.jpg

Wow that turned out great, nice work! :thumbsup

Considering how it's looking so far, when it's finished I bet you'd never notice that there's Denix parts on it!

-Carson

There it is again...CLUTCH-MAGIC ;)

And if anyone asks, why he´s doing this...becaue HE CAN DO :lol:thumbsup

Keep the pics coming bro.

Markus :)

The shop just told me that there was an issue on the site with the international shipping estimator. He said it was fixed now so try again.:thumbsup

If there are any problems or questions just email him. He will get your order in and processed and you will get shipping even if it the site estimator is wonky.

He also said he is not sure how the PayPal shipping will respond so if there is an issue just email him and he will fix it.

Thanks....

As the Denix and the MGC have much bigger grips than a real Mauser, all the aftermarket wooden replica grips are to small to fit them without reshaping the metalframe of the handle.

ANH-Hero-Grips001.jpg

I know that cause i had to mill the handle of my MGC to make the wooden grips fit. It´s a really strange feeling to wield it with that small handle, compared to the known bigger handles. :wacko

knurledknobsANH-Heromount001.jpg

But Denix sells their replica in 2 versions - the usual version with plastic, and a more harder to find version with wooden grips.

If you get the Denix with the wooden grips you can reshape the grips along with the metal at the same time. You will have the fix the lines on the grip after with a knife file. The area between the trigger guard and the grip is too tight on the Denix anyway so opening up this area and narrowing the grip at the same time works fairly well.

You will also need to get or make brass escutcheons and screw since the Denix only gives you steel wood screws.

Also, keep in mind that the Denix grips have a thinner profile than true Mauser grips. Here is a comparison of the standard Denix wood grips (right) next to Mauser grips from Numrich.

ANH01.jpg

Not only are the correct grips narrower than the Denix grips, they are rounder and taller in profile as seen here. In this pic, the Denix grips are on the left.

ANH02.jpg

nice comparison!

Narrowing the Denix will give a "rounder" appearance but still be slightly shy in height... but not much.

Picture of the other side. Filled the holes with solder. Lots of sanding. Dupli-Color sandable black primer is great. That's why the edges are bare. Lots of sanding and primering.

solob7.jpg

Filled it with lead to compensate for the lighter upper receiver.

solob8.jpg

With jheilman's grips. :thumbsup Thanks. I'll darken them up some and get rid of those nasty screws eventually.

solob9.jpg

Wow, so you filled the magazine area with lead? That'll help. And glad the grips arrived safely - and quickly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back