Anakin Starkiller V2 + V3 Builders kit Tutorial

V2 party, that’s my shed every weekend ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't forget our beloved V3! I'll start working on my V2 after I get the V3 where I like it. I figure the V2 with stencil kit provided by trooper_trent will probably take much more of my free time-so I put it off for now & I need roy's clamp lever/greeblie along with another TGS clamp-the blemished one I got was almost perfect. I'll hopefully also have my mystery chunk on order by Dann received in the near future.

Can't wait to see your production V3 weathering/painting tutorial-halliwax! I'm still catching up on the grub screw and clamp tutorials, waiting on tools and parts! Any suggested rattle cans brands or colors would be appreciated. Thanks!

Don't forget our beloved V3! I'll start working on my V2 after I get the V3 where I like it. I figure the V2 with stencil kit provided by trooper_trent will probably take much more of my free time-so I put it off for now & I need roy's clamp lever/greeblie along with another TGS clamp-the blemished one I got was almost perfect. I'll hopefully also have my mystery chunk on order by Dann received in the near future.

Can't wait to see your production V3 weathering/painting tutorial-halliwax! I'm still catching up on the grub screw and clamp tutorials, waiting on tools and parts! Any suggested rattle cans brands or colors would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you seen the starkiller fx master thread of mine? That thread has all the correct colors to get the finish as close to were it is today

Matter of fact I’m working in my driveway give me a second

This is what you want for the V2, and this is what I plan on using for my v3. I’m gonna fool around with different colors for the windvane, but the majority of the v3 will have the same colors, just different style of applying them

77e75902c70a3aa7e2b524ec77bf1fe8.jpg

001291f681b3e0d7fc031f6d19166e6d.jpg

Right now I’m busy with finishing up a pile of V2 for clients. I had a rain day so I got a fool around on a pop secret project, hopefully I can reveal that with in the next 2 weeks.

Working at home today the mail man JUST dropped off my final parts required to finish, so now I need to finish these V2 commissions, then finish my project. Once that project is done, I can do my v3

So be on the look out! ;)

Halliwax, thank you for the rattle can sku's. I just got them at Lowe's. Guess you're not going for the bronze/copper painted look, then. I might color mine a bit towards that way in the thin neck pre emitter. Guess I can get lots of good ideas for the V2 on your master thread. I've seen the videos, but now I'll definitely read your write up and comments. Thanks again!

I went with black oxidize finish, it looks as though that’s what the v3 has. The v2 defiantly has them

Don’t forget stainless and aluminum don’t like each other. Grease them, or they may bond to each other. Stripping these small 1.5mm sockets is fairly easy
I got some black oxidize, 5mm, grub screws at Lowe's. They didn't have 3mm. Guess I could maybe paint the face of one of my 3mm, stainless grub screws flat black. I'll definitely grease all the loose hanging screws slightly. Lithium white grease, right? I bought some at an O'Reilly's auto parts store-big tube. Thanks again!

I got some black oxidize, 5mm, grub screws at Lowe's. They didn't have 3mm. Guess I could maybe paint the face of one of my 3mm, stainless grub screws flat black. I'll definitely grease all the loose hanging screws slightly. Lithium white grease, right? I bought some at an O'Reilly's auto parts store-big tube. Thanks again!

I swear by the lithium grease because it’s water proof. And I use it on my bicycles and never have a problem. For my automotive stuff I use copper anti seize

Anything will do as long as it’s greased ;)

Right now I’m busy with finishing up a pile of V2 for clients. I had a rain day so I got a fool around on a pop secret project, hopefully I can reveal that with in the next 2 weeks.

Working at home today the mail man JUST dropped off my final parts required to finish, so now I need to finish these V2 commissions, then finish my project. Once that project is done, I can do my v3

So be on the look out! ;)
Top Secret Project! I'm intrigued. I hope it's another Star Wars related prop. If not, that's cool-too. I'll be following any posts that you put up!

I can see why you get clients. The amount of detail you put showcasing your capabilities here on the forums should be a great selling point! I hope I can do half as good a job on my 2 Starkillers builders' kits as you show us.

A little update guys. I’m finishing up a clamp mod video now

Next I am doing a video on how to get the emitter to spin freely like Dan’s first generation of V2’s!! Keep an eye out, I don’t think they will be up this weekend but I’m defiantly finishing them this weekend

HOLY ****, DANNY!

WOW! I am just now seeing this and I am blown away, dude!!! This is amazing! How is this not stickied like a MF????

Just incredible, man. Sincerely, the amount of effort, and skill, and love involved in this... you are a Jedi.

HOLY ****, DANNY!

WOW! I am just now seeing this and I am blown away, dude!!! This is amazing! How is this not stickied like a MF????

Just incredible, man. Sincerely, the amount of effort, and skill, and love involved in this... you are a Jedi.

Thanks buddy, the V2 means a lot to me.. she’s my all time favorite prop. When starkiller did his first run back in 2015, I was happy as hell.

Never knew it would have evolved this far..

6970A4F7-F4D0-4CB0-9733-9D1E2DAF9EB7.jpeg

Can’t leave my boy TrooperTrent hanging, he’s my partner in crime

I love this photo! It's so serious!! Wait, "Why so serious??" Ha!

I've got a little update I'll post later. It involves my old "unibody" version, which isn't a unibody anymore. Anyway, more later.

halliwax all these new V3 images may finslky be bringing me around... especially if you could match what it was like on set, and not after...

I haven’t even started my v3 yet.. I’m finishing up my final v2’s for clients this weekend. And then I have to finish my personal Guinness legend edition and show it off here

Once that’s done. The v3 is going up on the work bench

My new goal is to 3d model a v3 with Sean like and cast it in metal

But that won’t be done for awhile..

As for the v3, I’m not interested in what it looks like today, I want one like it was in RoTJ

No disrespect to any maker of the what the v3 is today. There are some gorgeous replicas out there, I just want what it was like on set

How goes it with that clamp mod video?

Having been ill during Christmas, myself, I sympathize with you! Solidarity, man!

Honestly I have 3 clamps to do and I haven’t done them because I’ve had strep throat. Then completely lost my voice for 4 days

I was going to have my buddy come over and narrate for me but I decided to just wait. I’m feeling much better today, back to work (I actually didn’t stop working while I was sick, but had the holiday off)

I still have pieces of the old video I need to botch into this new one.

It’s still in the works!! I promise!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back