Anakin Starkiller V2 + V3 Builders kit Tutorial

Yeah baby! I can't wait to see what you do with this!! I just finished mine up... but it's static. No motor or long blade. Definitely agree with Markus, "Details about the blade please".
You the man! (y)

Awesome...details about the blade please :)

IMG_7264.jpg

It’s fiberglass, it’s super light and strong, when they whack each other they make the same sound you hear in ANH

Fooling around with this, I have no doubt this is what they used on set

When I removed the grips the bottom handle section of the club fits PERFECTLY with the nipple

I whacked the blade up against a tee yesterday because I wanted to see if the blade would bend. And it worked great

My gut is telling me this is it

This is awesome! Does the lightsaber vibrate?

One thing I did have to do was make a brass bushing for in between the windvane and emitter

It was little too sloppy for my taste after watching the Vader duel you can see the emitter spinning all over the place

The bushing really helped

I was really hoping to have a video last night of it together and working but that damn wire lol

So, you have a new Facebook following. Nick Cline posted your Alec Guinness Legend Edition video to The Prop Source page and people are asking how to get on your “run”!

So, you have a new Facebook following. Nick Cline posted your Alec Guinness Legend Edition video to The Prop Source page and people are asking how to get on your “run”!

I’ll explain everything and share my parts list once I get her up and running again

Trying to find a off the shelf bushing so you don’t have to make one

You could probably make on with out a lathe, but you need a 11/32 drill bit, a hack saw and a large file

I've been planning to get a couple lengths of polycarbonate tubes for my V2, just for fun, and have been planning to eventually make an ANH-style V2 (although that will likely be waiting until I can get my hands on a hilt from the second run, OR if we get a third somehow), and here you are making a motor and everything. Dang but this is really cool!

I've been planning to get a couple lengths of polycarbonate tubes for my V2, just for fun, and have been planning to eventually make an ANH-style V2 (although that will likely be waiting until I can get my hands on a hilt from the second run, OR if we get a third somehow), and here you are making a motor and everything. Dang but this is really cool!

This has been a top secret mission of mine since 2015 when Dan did his first run.

I was fooling around with a old electric motor from a remote control car. It was too big to fit inside. Didn’t want to machine the inside of the first generation v2

When he released the FX version I then knew I could get it done. I have a bunch of broken power drills

I keep them encase I drop on and need to replace body parts or switches. I took all of them apart looking for a motor, and once I found one I started fitting things together to make it work

The blade I wants very light, these golf clubs are perfect! Super super light weight

...I have a bunch of broken power drills

I keep them encase I drop on and need to replace body parts or switches. I took all of them apart looking for a motor, and once I found one I started fitting things together to make it work
A drill seems like the perfect choice for a motor. I don't know if we know anything about what they used in ANH, but ripping open a drill to steal the motor sure seems like something they might have done, which for me personally is part of the fun of projects like this

A drill seems like the perfect choice for a motor. I don't know if we know anything about what they used in ANH, but ripping open a drill to steal the motor sure seems like something they might have done, which for me personally is part of the fun of projects like this

I decided on a drill because it seemed the ripped up RC cars I used didn’t have enough torque

I figured with the drill I know how much torque the drill has so I felt confident it would work

I sure would like to know what they originally used. I imagine it was a big beefy motor since the batteries were worn on the belt.

I will say, the whole rotation was based on a flat sided blade (square) so it will flicker. I think Kurtyboy did a Luke ANH bladed one at some point. I'm not sure if you'll notice the round blade spinning?

VERY excited about this. Yea, I think adding a bushing is the way to go, the emitter being set on a shaft would make it succumb to any movement of the shaft itself

I will say, the whole rotation was based on a flat sided blade (square) so it will flicker. I think Kurtyboy did a Luke ANH bladed one at some point. I'm not sure if you'll notice the round blade spinning?

VERY excited about this. Yea, I think adding a bushing is the way to go, the emitter being set on a shaft would make it succumb to any movement of the shaft itself

If you watch Guinness the emitter is wobbly, but when I first booted this up it was extra wobbly

The bushing really helped, I can’t say I believe I see any triangle/square blades in any of the pictures

I am willing to bet they originally made triangle/square blades for the flicker but for some reason abandoned that idea

I truly believe there was these weird blades kurtboy did an amazing job on his build and

He was the inspiration for mine

I think the round blades were used and possibly to get it to flicker added a black stripe down the side?

We’ll see once the scotchlite comes in

Another thing I heard tom was the blade was attached to the saber off center, to help with the flicker, I have no proof to this though

Only something I read

Last edited:
I think you're right about the flat sided blades being abandoned.

That totally explains the black stripe down the side!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back