Anakin Starkiller V2 + V3 Builders kit Tutorial

Is this a stunt as well??? Love the display!

IMG_1297.JPG

its just the angle of the photo then, because i really like it, and i guess they already look like that. *facepalm*

I forget the original maker's username on here. he was a great guy to do this one time project and add the new box.

Ok gang, the v2 is fully functional. Blade spins

The battery is very weak and I don’t like charging Lipo battery’s in my parents home. I’ll wait until tomorrow and charge the battery outside (I have a hobby battery safe bag coming)

I put a 5mm strip of electrical tape down it and it does flicker alittle just with white paint and the electrical tape on it

My plan now it to add scotchlite (should be here tomorrow) and add some black pin striping, see how it works

Wicked excited
IMG_7662.jpg

I see! It's a reducer from the golf club to the shaft

Yup. The only reason why I went this way is because of transportation

I plan on using this v2 when I do panels at comic con. I can put the saber and blade in a old rifle case for transport

If I didn’t need the blade removable, I would have threaded the steel rod with reverse thread and then made a reduced/adapter and taped it so it would screw on. I have the emitter spinning the same way in ANH and don’t want the blade coming off lol

Charging the battery right now.. blade is done dying to see if this works

IMG_7680.jpg

The RC guys told me to monitor the heat of the battery, once it’s warm it’s done.. it’s been plugged in for 15min and hasn’t change temp

I hate lipo’s lol

That last shot doesn’t look too far off. Very cool to see that reflective glowing effect. And the trick, I think, is getting the RPMs right so that you get those occasional flashes of non-reflective blade (the strobing effect) moreso at the bottom of the blade.

But, as much fun as this project is, my poor V2 is still waiting for that clamp mod video, dagnabbit...!

That last shot doesn’t look too far off. Very cool to see that reflective glowing effect. And the trick, I think, is getting the RPMs right so that you get those occasional flashes of non-reflective blade (the strobing effect) moreso at the bottom of the blade.

But, as much fun as this project is, my poor V2 is still waiting for that clamp mod video, dagnabbit...!

I know. I’m terrible.. let me see if I can edit that up this week. I have it all filmed

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back