Unlimited Run Aluminum vibro axe blade

Last blade went out a week ago! I won't be cutting any more until September. In the meantime I'm looking at offering a light weight cast for cosplay or those that don't want a metal blade. A lot of people ask about the "amphenol" connector, the correct connector is made by Cannon. Amphenol is a completely different company. Here's an old advertisement showing the AN series connectors. The AN3106 model is what you want to search for. Happy hunting guys and a big thank you to those of you that got a blade. I hope you enjoy them!
20210625_124636.jpg

Are you talking about this?
This is how I have mine modeled so far. It's tapered and wider at the base.
View attachment 1342984

I would sure take a bare yamaha piece if you're offering. I have one of your other ones and was just going to grind the base down since he's offering a metal base with the blade kit. But a raw cast would be even better.

hey Trooper_trent …I am having my own VA in the works and failed to scratchbuild this part several times now. Is it possible to get the 3D file somehow!?

another question is, if the „cigar“ in the aphenol connector is attached to the blade somehow or if it just floats in between the aluminum rod!? I am tempted to use the two countersunk holes to add some screws…

many thanks to all, who contributed to this thread, special thanks to Ryan for his awesome blades!!!

hey Trooper_trent …I am having my own VA in the works and failed to scratchbuild this part several times now. Is it possible to get the 3D file somehow!?

another question is, if the „cigar“ in the aphenol connector is attached to the blade somehow or if it just floats in between the aluminum rod!? I am tempted to use the two countersunk holes to add some screws…

many thanks to all, who contributed to this thread, special thanks to Ryan for his awesome blades!!!
I've got extras if you want one. shoot me a message.
Yeah the rod in the cannon connector is mounted to the blade through those two countersunk holes on the hero presumably. For the stunt, it seems to be cast that way so there's resin build up in the joint between the two parts.

I've got extras if you want one. shoot me a message.
Yeah the rod in the cannon connector is mounted to the blade through those two countersunk holes on the hero presumably. For the stunt, it seems to be cast that way so there's resin build up in the joint between the two parts.
Pm sent

It goes on the pole under the supermax, right above the grip. I'm assuming it was meant to be some kind of trigger or activation button by its placement.
1628604396728.jpeg

1628604373044.jpeg

Hey everyone, I've been insanely busy but I did discover a few things. The cannon connector that was used i believe is a 4 pin. The size is the same as the 3 pin. The 4 pin that I found has
(NO. 2075-9) on the lock nut stamped upside down. At a closer look at the existing stunt axe I could read out (No. 207) the numbers on mine aren't lined up exactly as the screen prop but its very close. The full connector number is
AN-3106-14S-7P CANNON NO.2075-9
Also the big Phillips head screw on the hairdryer is a (quarter turn fastener for aircraft) ive seen these on C3po, and the y-wing helmets. I was reading an Anthony Daniels book and I found a picture of original C3po greeblies. Seeing the rest of the screw made it much easier to find. The exact make and model i have no idea but they're easy to find. I just didn't know what they were from.
Hope these photos help and everyone's axe builds are coming along. Ive seen a few of them finished and they all look fantastic!

Ryan
20210926_135912.jpg
20211025_172959.jpg
20211026_211954.jpg
20211026_095408.jpg
20211026_095349.jpg
RedTwo_Endor.png
Ekelarc_Yong_Y-wing_Helmet_ROTJ.jpg

still avail?
The blades I have left right now are for full commission axe. Sorry. I lost my machinist temporarily. Don't have a return date. I will be making more of these I just don't have a date right now for when I can get another batch done. Thank you very much for your interest.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back