2001: ASO Clavius Suit

Looking very sharp(y)(y) I`m wondering why those data cards have to be removable from the helmet? Couldn`t you just affix them permanently?
My "guess" as to why there were originally removable is they planned ahead of time to disassemble and repaint existing helmets from the white to the colors to cut costs. the images from the auction show that one helmet was painted white, green, yellow and back to white.

This is the reason I want them removable is in case I ever need to repair anything it will be easier to take apart. Second thing was I figured in universe, the cards were removable for programing and data retrieval, which was what my magnet design was suppose to represent...

Reusing props goes way way back. I think somewhere back in ancient times the prop master had all kinds stuff in a hut somewhere that they would say was older than the pyramids and mean it.

OK. I'm calling it done for now. :) I'm now moving on to the chest and back pack!!

Attachments

• helmet4.jpg
    helmet4.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 141
  • helmet3.jpg
    helmet3.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 144
  • helmet2.jpg
    helmet2.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 138
  • helmet1.jpg
    helmet1.jpg
    911.2 KB · Views: 143
OK...I've taken a break to get a few other projects done, but now it's back to it. I finished the 3d models for the parts of the chest and backpack and have the chest running on the printer now. All the parts will take quite a few days to print. the rest of the backpack will be made from sheet stock 1/8" MDF... It was great to have the suit auction catalogue for reference in modeling these :)

RBorrazas . I'm going to look at my helmet files this week and see if I can clean them up so I can make the STL's available.

Attachments

• Clavius suit.jpg
    Clavius suit.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 93
OK...I've taken a break to get a few other projects done, but now it's back to it. I finished the 3d models for the parts of the chest and backpack and have the chest running on the printer now. All the parts will take quite a few days to print. the rest of the backpack will be made from sheet stock 1/8" MDF... It was great to have the suit auction catalogue for reference in modeling these :)

RBorrazas . I'm going to look at my helmet files this week and see if I can clean them up so I can make the STL's available.
Outstanding! Very excited. Thanks for the update.

That would be cool...I've got Mega then Dragon...but I have to get a look at your Clavius stuff. We'll make it happen.

Just went through this thread. Great work on this, it looks terrific.

I want to see these auction photos of the suit that are referred to in the thread but the link provided earlier isn't active anymore. Does anyone have another place to see these?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back