2001: ASO Clavius Suit

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

pkashukjr

Looking very sharp(y)(y) I`m wondering why those data cards have to be removable from the helmet? Couldn`t you just affix them permanently?
My "guess" as to why there were originally removable is they planned ahead of time to disassemble and repaint existing helmets from the white to the colors to cut costs. the images from the auction show that one helmet was painted white, green, yellow and back to white.

This is the reason I want them removable is in case I ever need to repair anything it will be easier to take apart. Second thing was I figured in universe, the cards were removable for programing and data retrieval, which was what my magnet design was suppose to represent...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jlckansas

Reusing props goes way way back. I think somewhere back in ancient times the prop master had all kinds stuff in a hut somewhere that they would say was older than the pyramids and mean it.

pkashukjr

OK. I'm calling it done for now. :) I'm now moving on to the chest and back pack!!

Attachments

• helmet4.jpg
    helmet4.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 9
  • helmet3.jpg
    helmet3.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 10
  • helmet2.jpg
    helmet2.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 10
  • helmet1.jpg
    helmet1.jpg
    911.2 KB · Views: 10

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.