2001: ASO Clavius Suit

BrianM

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have finally started my Clavius base suit. I'll be posting progress photos here. I welcome any and all feedback. Here are some images of the start of the helmet.

I modeled it MAYA and prepped the files for print in Meshmixer. Printed in Carbon fiber PLA. I wasn't happy with a few spots after printing so I did some reshaping with JB Weld. I forgot to take pictures of the print before I started refining it but will be better documenting my steps as I go.

I've decided that rather than go 100% screen accurate, I want to embellish some areas with detail not seen on the available reference.

As you can see I designed in faciting into the "data cartridge" section to guarantee a perfect alignment of the cartridges. I will be using magnets to make the cartridges removable and putting some memory card style attachment. Diagram is WIP.
I believe those holes in the back are air vents. Not sure you want to plug them :)
 

pkashukjr

Active Member
I believe those holes in the back are air vents. Not sure you want to plug them :)

No air vents on this helmet;)
The vents are there. I put faucet screens over them on the inside to dress them up a bit as well as designed my own interior pads, since, I'm not going for screen used accurate. There is clearance behind the data cards on the outside and the fans in the top will draw air in and blow it to the front. It actually circulates air quite well. :)
 

Attachments

  • 20201019_111138.jpg
    20201019_111138.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 58

joberg

Master Member
The vents are there. I put faucet screens over them on the inside to dress them up a bit as well as designed my own interior pads, since, I'm not going for screen used accurate. There is clearance behind the data cards on the outside and the fans in the top will draw air in and blow it to the front. It actually circulates air quite well. :)
I wrote too fast:oops: No visible air vents:p
 

Shermanb123

New Member
I have finally started my Clavius base suit. I'll be posting progress photos here. I welcome any and all feedback. Here are some images of the start of the helmet.

I modeled it MAYA and prepped the files for print in Meshmixer. Printed in Carbon fiber PLA. I wasn't happy with a few spots after printing so I did some reshaping with JB Weld. I forgot to take pictures of the print before I started refining it but will be better documenting my steps as I go.

I've decided that rather than go 100% screen accurate, I want to embellish some areas with detail not seen on the available reference.

As you can see I designed in faciting into the "data cartridge" section to guarantee a perfect alignment of the cartridges. I will be using magnets to make the cartridges removable and putting some memory card style attachment. Diagram is WIP.
PLEASE, PLEASE, tell me how how or where or some way I can aqquire these files. I would even pay for them. As a 16 year old, this movie is easily my favorite and I plan on taking it to future generations with me. This helmet has been my favorite part of this movie and to this day I have tried to cultivate one of my own. I ask in the most sincere way possible for some link to these files so I can print them out and create this helmet. I work a minimum wage job and can't afford Mike Scotts official replica kits. I would do anything. Thank you.
 

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Top