Mind-**** Movies!

Now the best mind****movie that I know is a series.. The Blind Dead...I love all 4 but Night Of The Seagulls is a really triply one

Super Mario Bros. :lol

No, seriously, I think a lot of Terry Gilliam's work like Baron Munchhausen, Brazil, Time Bandits and Fear and Loathing are great mind-**** movies. Stanley Kubrick's work as well with 2001, The Shining, and even Dr. Strangelove has some great subtle details that make you think. And you can't forget about Blade Runner.

A lot of Aardman Animation's earlier short films before Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run are very out there, especially Ident.

I watched Triangle after reading this thread. I highly recommend it and yes it does **** with ya head. Cheers everyone who recommended it.

I finally saw Primer. What a perfect example of how to pull off a low budget film. And definitely a mind **** , yes!

I honestly couldn't be bothered with the four or five times you'd need to watch that film to actually get it, so I just googled it after first attempt. It's actually a pretty clever story, but omitting a bunch of scenes necessary to follow the narrative and having the entire dialogue take place in technobabble, I just found aggravating. I thought Upstream Colour was a much better film.

Nobody's mentioned Mulholland Drive yet?

That is the quintessential example. Each time you go over it in your head thinking you've unlocked the story you come to an inexplicable paradox. It's masterful in that way.

The Big Sleep (1946) - great example.

Persona - Bergman's classic

Suddenly Last Summer - twisted and haunting story

L'Age D'Or (1930) - surreal

I'm assuming everyone is talking about the original 2003 version of OldBoy since the comments predate the Spike Lee 2013 release. Has anyone seen that one? I honestly never heard of it, but watched the trailer and it looks good.

Eraserhead. An unpleasant and confusing film.

this movie.....if there was ever a movie it would be a treat to unsee it would be this POS....remember back in college a wanna be cool so called friend recommended it ....oh it's so artsy so cool you have to see it....it was as much disgusting as it was disturbing garbage

Enter the Void by Gaspar Noe I found interesting. Very much an endurance test like Irreversible, and a bit overly long in parts, but I still enjoyed the themes tied in with death and mind altering substances.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back