Expanded cuts of movies you'd love to see?

I rewatched all of them not too long ago and, to my great surprise, they're much less violent and gory than I remembered them to be. They really were edited to hell and back. It's unfortunate there will never be unrated alternate cuts (outside of Final Friday) of the original set of films as all that was cut was just binned.

The only film that would suffer really would be Part VI, which is leagues better than it really had any right to be. The theatrical cut of that is perfect.
Episode vi? I find them to be terrible after iv. F13 iii has the groovy opening music with 3D and introduces the hockey mask. F13 iv features crispin glover dancing. Episode I is a classic and II has Jason’s first appearance as an adult and with the knapsack mask.
CC91120B-26CA-4AC8-848E-315868AE24E8.gif

I would love to see David Lynch's (rumoured) original three-hour Dune, although I think Lynch himself said there was never actually that much extra footage.
If it exists, it probably features a dancing midget, princess Irulan morphing into Laura Dern periodically, and Nicolas Cage with the acting skills of David Bowie while Bowie has the singing skills of Cage.

Episode vi? I find them to be terrible after iv. F13 iii has the groovy opening music with 3D and introduces the hockey mask. F13 iv features crispin glover dancing. Episode I is a classic and II has Jason’s first appearance as an adult and with the knapsack mask.

All points I completely agree with! VI sits very high for me because that's when we got "zombie" Jason. The mythic aspect to him that exists now germated here. He wasn't just some unkillable man anymore, but a true monster and the film, for all its jokes, really takes advantage of that and makes an 80's Universal-Monster movie. One of my favorite kills of the series comes from this movie, too:

Last edited:
All points I completely agree with! VI sits very high for me because that's when we got "zombie" Jason. The mythic aspect to him that exists now germated here. He wasn't just some unkillable man anymore, but a true monster and the film, for all its jokes, really takes advantage of that and makes an 80's Universal-Monster movie. One of my favorite kills of the series comes from this movie, too:

Maybe I need to explore eps vi again.

Just read about an extended cut of Batman Forever that Kevin Smith has acquired and shown a handful of people. They are all saying this version, while not fully completed with things like a temp score, is still far superior than the current version.
Originals runtime was 2 hours 1 min. This version is 2 hours 38 mins.

I know Joel Schumacher doesn't have the best rep for his Batman movies, but it sounds like it was that typical, studio pushing their agenda thing. Where Schumacher was trying to get more into the psychological part of Bruce, and they had that pretty much all cut.
Even if this version was fully finished and released as a directors cut, despite him passing away, there will still always be haters...but still, would be interesting to compare.

"Secondhand Lions" had an alternate ending that was on their DVD/Blue ray release. Hard to find for me anyway. It was much better.

They supposedly found that and it was going to be part of the documentary Doug Trumbull had been working on for years before he died. I haven't heard anything about anyone else taking the reins. :(
It sounds like warners had no plans on releasing the footage - at least back in 2010. Leon Vitali (rip) was against it as well back in 2018. See this article. That said, I’m with you. I’d watch the trimmed footage without hesitation.
1689702504539.png

I’d like to see Star Wars eps. iv before the major trims by the editors, R. Chew, M. Lucas and P. hirsch. For example, Luke heads into the Death Star trench run twice; Fake Wedge chews out Luke after he brags about shooting womprats back at home, etc. At least we now have access to other deleted scenes, like Biggs’ intro with his wormy friends and Han’s lady friend in the cantina.

That shot they admitted was made just for the trailer. :)
There's something very discouraging about shooting scenes just for the trailer.

"Here's something to get you excited for the movie even though it's not in the movie."

In other words, "We're aware of what you'd like to see but we're not actually going to put it in the film. Take this less exciting scene instead."

There's something very discouraging about shooting scenes just for the trailer.

"Here's something to get you excited for the movie even though it's not in the movie."

In other words, "We're aware of what you'd like to see but we're not actually going to put it in the film. Take this less exciting scene instead."
And then the opposite end of the spectrum is when every single exciting scene IS in the trailer. Just give away everything why don't you?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back