The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

I've seen that on Nexusmods, but haven't tried it out yet. I only had a couple of mods. One was to make the AI have less headshots, because they are expert snipers in the vanilla game. Oh and there's one to increase repair times because they are ridiculous. I did also cheat and made the small laser worth like a million because I had no interest in playing Mechwarrior Accountant!

Does anyone else get screwed up when you go back and play an earlier version of a game series? I started replaying Fallout 3 because I haven't played it since F4 came out. I've been doing the Wasteland Survival Guide and was at Minefield. I thought "Piece of cake, I'll just VATs everywhere and find the mines." except VATs only highlights mines in Fallout 4 apparently. So I ended up using up most of the Stimpaks I had! Then there's the problem of constantly trying to pick up junk for crafting, but following Fallout 4's crafting recipes. I have to keep reminding myself to not pick up everything!

This is a big part of why I try to play games in order. I'd rather see the evolution of game mechanics than try to adapt backwards. I've never beaten an Assassin's Creed game beyond 2, and although I want to play several of the newer ones, I'd rather get through Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, 4 and a bunch of the others before, for example, diving into Origins.

Contra clone Blazing Chrome now up on PSN and Steam. Honestly looks closer to what Contra is supposed to be than Konami's upcoming Contra game.

Also, They Are Billions and Graveyard Keeper have finally made their way to PSN and the new expansion for Tiny Metal (the Advance Wars style strategy game), Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble is now up on Steam and Nintendo Switch.

This is a big part of why I try to play games in order. I'd rather see the evolution of game mechanics than try to adapt backwards. I've never beaten an Assassin's Creed game beyond 2, and although I want to play several of the newer ones, I'd rather get through Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, 4 and a bunch of the others before, for example, diving into Origins.

Don't waste your time. By the time "3" ends, you realize it's just made-up-as-it-goes convoluted nonsense.

Yea. Assassin's Creed story plots are convoluted, and simply there to give a loose skeleton to hang the gameplay on.

If you want to play a certain newer one, just play it.

Templars bad.
Assassin's good.
Stabby-stabby-stab
Ancient computer people want to save the world/destroy the world.
Stabby-stabby-stab
Ancient computer people thwarted...
Stabby-stabby-stab
Or WERE they?...
Stabby-stabby-stab
They were.
STABBY-STABBY-STAAAAAAAAB

You are now up to date on the assassin's Creed story line.

Go play any one of them you want. Don't stress the plot.

I found the holier than thou assassins to be more annoying than the templars.

The only game I liked in the series was black flag because it was a fun pirate game and your character cared more about making money than being a self-righteous assassin.

To be fair though, both AC Origins and Odyssey have stunning maps to explore and have storylines slightly more interesting than the previous ones.

I found the holier than thou assassins to be more annoying than the templars.

The only game I liked in the series was black flag because it was a fun pirate game and your character cared more about making money than being a self-righteous assassin.

Agreed, the more you got the opportunity to interact with assassin higher-ups in the storyline, The less I cared for them as people. Generally I liked the famous personalities that just crossed paths with or help the assassins.

And black flag really is the gold standard of that series. While it has a much simpler hand to hand combat system than any of the previous games, the addition of the whole other piracy game to it, and how great looking a fight is using its combat system, it's probably one of the ones I've put the most time into.

My favorite combat system was from assassin's Creed II, but given the new options you have in combat in unity and brotherhood, I found those to be very entertaining too.

And while I understand where people would enjoy the deeper / different combat system that origins offers, it just really wasn't appealing to me.

I'm under the impression odyssey's combat system is very much like origins, so I don't really plan to play that one.

Agreed, the more you got the opportunity to interact with assassin higher-ups in the storyline, The less I cared for them as people. Generally I liked the famous personalities that just crossed paths with or help the assassins.

And black flag really is the gold standard of that series. While it has a much simpler hand to hand combat system than any of the previous games, the addition of the whole other piracy game to it, and how great looking a fight is using its combat system, it's probably one of the ones I've put the most time into.

My favorite combat system was from assassin's Creed II, but given the new options you have in combat in unity and brotherhood, I found those to be very entertaining too.

And while I understand where people would enjoy the deeper / different combat system that origins offers, it just really wasn't appealing to me.

I'm under the impression odyssey's combat system is very much like origins, so I don't really plan to play that one.

I liked the old combat system. The new one has probably more depth to it but it simply looks cheap and more like a casual hack & slay game.

The story of AC was over for me with part 2. There was a chance to do something good with history or religion and they went the sci-fi road. It did not fit to the setting.

Since brotherhood the series did not recovery very well. They put too much stuff in the games that didn't make fun, were repetetive and destroyed the immersion.

Sony must be pretty confident with the upcoming Death Stranding as they lifted the review embargo for the game a week early.

The Intellivision Amico just launched their site as well Intellivision Entertainment on October 10th, one year from release day of the console.

With the PS5 confirmed to release next holiday season with a confirmation of full backwards compatibility with PS4 titles and a patent for potential PS1, PS2 and PS3 backward compatibility as well, a tech demo running on a PS5 dev kit has recently impressed the gaming journalism world. No footage has been made available to the public, but plenty of people talking about it.

Sony must be pretty confident with the upcoming Death Stranding as they lifted the review embargo for the game a week early.

The Intellivision Amico just launched their site as well Intellivision Entertainment on October 10th, one year from release day of the console.

With the PS5 confirmed to release next holiday season with a confirmation of full backwards compatibility with PS4 titles and a patent for potential PS1, PS2 and PS3 backward compatibility as well, a tech demo running on a PS5 dev kit has recently impressed the gaming journalism world. No footage has been made available to the public, but plenty of people talking about it.

Death Stranding is a high profile game so lifting the embargo early may be a strategic move in itself to drum up buzz?

I've been watching this game with interest. Initially with annoyance because the first few reveals were vague. Getting the reviews early is beneficial for me so I would know if it would be my cup of tea or not.

Actors physically portraying characters in games weirds me out, I feel the same about Cal from Jedi:Fallen Order. He just looks like Cameron Monaghan

I recently downloaded Call of Duty Mobile for my iPhone, and it’s a lot of fun.

I’m not a huge gamer, but have always enjoyed CoD.

The mobile version is a great way to waste a few minutes shooting bad guys.

Sean

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Remake was just leaked when the cover art for the game showed up on the PSN store. Apparently it's been in development since Resident Evil 2 Remake was completed so we could be seeing it early 2020.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back