The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Finally at the last boss in Sekiro and just bought myself the Urban Warfare DLC coming for Battletech, the new New Prospects DLC for Deep Sky Derelicts that just came out, the Warriors of the North DLC for Battle Brothers. Also got the recent release of Void Bastards on steam. A combination of FTL, Borderlands and Deep Sky Derelicts melded into one addictive game. Only put a few hours into it so far, but really enjoying it.

EDIT: Free DLC now up for WWZ as well

Last edited:
I've been replaying the two newer Deus Ex games. I finished Mankind Divided and decided to play through the DLCs as well. What ticks me off is these DLCs that are outside the game. I don't know if they intended them to be part of the game like the DLC for the first, but it's annoying I can't use the character I ended the main game with. Instead I'm given Praxis kits to upgrade my augmentations at the beginning, but it's nowhere near what I had in the main game. So I'm either left feeling like I'm not as capable, or blunder into things because I forgot this was a new character. I ended up falling off a roof because I didn't have the Icarus landing system, so SPLAT. Then I went into a gas cloud forgetting I didn't have my rebreather. Oh and then there was the electricity filled corridor I went in again forgetting I didn't have my EMP shielding...

I've been hooked on PubG for the last year (XB1). It's fun, it's frustrating, but each game is a different experience. Hopefully we'll hear something about Halo Infinite next week at E3?

SB

Finally at the last boss in Sekiro and just bought myself the Urban Warfare DLC coming for Battletech, the new New Prospects DLC for Deep Sky Derelicts that just came out, the Warriors of the North DLC for Battle Brothers. Also got the recent release of Void Bastards on steam. A combination of FTL, Borderlands and Deep Sky Derelicts melded into one addictive game. Only put a few hours into it so far, but really enjoying it.

EDIT: Free DLC now up for WWZ as well
WOW! uhhh WOW! that look's awesome!! :eek:

A few years ago I played a vampire RPG on iOS called, Blood Masque. It had a feature where you could create an avatar based on a scan of your face and, when tweaked just right, made a pretty good model. So you got to see yourself inserted into cutscenes and when playing others you see their character avatars as well. The game is no longer supported but, I was wondering, is there another game that also makes 3D models of your own face? I’m wondering if they killed it due to privacy issues.

Last edited:
A few years ago I played a vampire RPG on iOS called, Blood Masque. It had a feature where you could create an avatar based on a scan of your face and, when tweaked just right, made a pretty good model. So you got to see yourself inserted into cutscenes and when playing others you see their character avatars as well. The game is no longer supported but, I was wondering, is there another game that also makes 3D models of your own face? I’m wondering if they killed it due to privacy issues. If not is there even an app or PC program that does easy facial scans? I like the novelty of creating models of my family’s faces over time.

The WWE 2K wrestling series lets you map pictures of faces in game. That's the only video game series I know of that let's you do it, but I'd guess that all the 2K sports brand of games allow people to put faces into all their sports games.

Man, if only Prototype had the fighting controls of something like Bayonetta instead, it'd be a truly great PS3 game, instead of just a pretty good one.

One of my damn Switch controllers just stopped working too, so there goes 30 bucks for a replacement. Conveniently when, at long last, new games I'm actually interested in are coming soon: Fire Emblem and Kill La Kill.

Just finished the main campaign in Battletech, which was a lot of fun. I'm now taking my pumped up lance around the galaxy, taking jobs for the major Successor States, and just snagged myself a King Crab mech (almost got two, since there were two on the same mission!) which will be...difficult for almost anyone to handle, given the lance that I have now. I'll likely play around with this for a bit until restarting with Career Mode to see how that goes.

I also just started playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which so far is...ok. High production values, gorgeous visuals, but some interface clunkiness and there are some INTERMINABLE cut scenes. Plus, the game's limited save system means you can't just quit anywhere -- you have to wait for a natural save point (usually after a 10-15 min cut scene) to just say "Ok, that's enough for tonight." I'm likely going to mod that, and maybe mod the lockpicking system, which seems like a major drag.

So first there are two new Switch models coming, then there aren't, then there are and Nintendo says they're not. So apparently now they are unofficially coming again and may even be in production now. I've been holding off on getting a Switch all year with the rumors of the new models coming.

Just finished the main campaign in Battletech, which was a lot of fun. I'm now taking my pumped up lance around the galaxy, taking jobs for the major Successor States, and just snagged myself a King Crab mech (almost got two, since there were two on the same mission!) which will be...difficult for almost anyone to handle, given the lance that I have now. I'll likely play around with this for a bit until restarting with Career Mode to see how that goes.

I messed around with the King Crab, but didn't find it that useful. There are lots of suggestions online for how to outfit it, but it never did anything for me. I used the LosTech Highlander and the other Highlander variants along with multiple Atlas mechs once I could get heavies. My favorite setup is the regular Highlander with the AC and rearm it with AC20+++ (+20dmg, +20 stb. dmg), x3 SRM6+++s in the torso, a couple medium lasers, flamers (2 or 3 I think), Cockpit mod (+3 injury resist), and Gyro++ (+3 hit defense), remove jumpjets and max armor, and it can take down pretty much anything quickly, but you have to get a little closer. With a maxed or near maxed pilot you can headshot or leg a mech pretty easily.

I'm bummed about the DLC so far because nothing has added a new campaign yet. Seeing that there's only one more (I think) left I don't know if that will happen.

I messed around with the King Crab, but didn't find it that useful. There are lots of suggestions online for how to outfit it, but it never did anything for me. I used the LosTech Highlander and the other Highlander variants along with multiple Atlas mechs once I could get heavies. My favorite setup is the regular Highlander with the AC and rearm it with AC20+++ (+20dmg, +20 stb. dmg), x3 SRM6+++s in the torso, a couple medium lasers, flamers (2 or 3 I think), Cockpit mod (+3 injury resist), and Gyro++ (+3 hit defense), remove jumpjets and max armor, and it can take down pretty much anything quickly, but you have to get a little closer. With a maxed or near maxed pilot you can headshot or leg a mech pretty easily.

I'm bummed about the DLC so far because nothing has added a new campaign yet. Seeing that there's only one more (I think) left I don't know if that will happen.

To really take advantage of the heavy mechs like the King Crab, I think you need to set up a build that's effective, but also have the right pilot in it. You need either a 10/10/10/10 pilot, or you want a pilot that has good enough "guts" skills to reduce recoil sufficiently AND tactics skills to land called shots with those AC20s. Once you have that, you can basically just go around coring enemy mechs, or at least picking them apart with side-torso and leg shots, or even head shots. The main danger of the dual AC20s, though, is that you miss and accidentally core a mech you were hoping to salvage.

Yeah I loved having a mech's head or legs almost completely damaged and then I'd think "Well the guy with 8 tactics can probably hit that!" and he missed and cores it.

Yeah I loved having a mech's head or legs almost completely damaged and then I'd think "Well the guy with 8 tactics can probably hit that!" and he missed and cores it.

Yeah, you have to check the percentages all over the mech. Sure it's an 82% chance he hits the head...but what's the chance that you'll do damage to the core? And what weapons are you firing with? And how many structure points are left on that core portion? This is also why I'll often not melee, because you almost always core when you melee (which makes sense, if you think about it).

I actually had "headshots" from melee a couple times. I started laughing because the animation would show hitting the chest and it would say pilot incapacitated or whatever it says.

Ah yes. I just read something on Reddit about a guy having an armless Panther headbutt his Grasshopper or something and getting in a lucky shot that kills the pilot. The AI can be stubbornly suicidal in the game.

That's kind of why at some points I wish the AI would eject. You routinely have mechs with all their weapon gone just stand around trying to melee you when any sane pilot would be getting the heck out of there!

Battletech has a pretty decent mod community and I know they have some to make the AI smarter, doing retreats, ejects, etc
I haven't messed with any myself, but one of the big ones is RogueTech. its a pretty massive overhaul, tweaks a lot of the game variables like sight/weapon ranges, adds in more mechs and vehicles, plus all sorts of BT universe equipment that is missing in the base game, like endosteel structure mods, ECM, active probe, stealth armor, pretty much everything

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back