The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Where they all come from!?

And okay, if the ANH hero and stunt info is unchanged, let’s move on to ESB. Did we ID more pipe stunts and cradled stunts?

1) The ANH stunt seems to have been reused in ESB except it has a v2 style lever
2) the pipe stunt was made for ESB, with a red button tapped into a little threaded hole, 4 bolts
3) 1 maybe 2 graflex stunts were made. At least 1 includes a second core in the upper socket and many details (including a weirdly placed bolt) match the ROTJ Vader mom saber
4) I found the Skywaller Ranch Saber upper half - it's the one dropped and pulled from the floor in the carbon freeze chamber
5) I'm thinking d rings were pulled off and replaced a lot, there cant have been 3 or 4 heroes right?

6) some blades were cut so small all they needed was a tang.. may have been clipped into bulb socket or something

Vader
1) Barbican is used as a beater fencing prop. Motor removed and 4 bolts hold a core in, square shroud
2) MPP frequently without intact grips and a solid core. Bolt placement is a mystery

Obi
A bladed obi stunt cast and the heavily machined v2 (bladed) are both on set

There is some behind the scenes footage from The Mandalorian. Do we want to include discussion of the Luke lightsaber from that?

Also, there’s one BTS that doesn’t look like a ROTJ prop...is it a Graflex-looking one, or do my eyes trick me?

Attachments

• 5FFED6AF-4D12-400F-848C-08B7468429F7.png
    5FFED6AF-4D12-400F-848C-08B7468429F7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 206
  • BF6C26FE-4F4E-472F-9E00-AF83F53BC54B.png
    BF6C26FE-4F4E-472F-9E00-AF83F53BC54B.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
There is some behind the scenes footage from The Mandalorian. Do we want to include discussion of the Luke lightsaber from that?

Also, there’s one BTS that doesn’t look like a ROTJ prop...is it a Graflex-looking one, or do my eyes trick me?
Your eyes do not deceive you. That is in fact a Graflex stunt a la the sequel trilogy.
Probably serving a dual (pun intended) purpose of keeping the screen used stunts ready for action without unnecessary risk of breakage, and they may have also been part of the Plo Koon rouse.

I'll get to it-- just going page by page. We actually have a whole thread dedicated to this one!

For me the new things since the last edition of the guidebook were:
1. Luke AHN hero - that the beartab rivet is the "shiny" type (The Ultimate Luke ANH Graflex Research & Discussion Thread)
2. Obi ANH hero - the transistors were identified as Marconi-Elliott MAxx proto-ICs (Obi-Wan transistors)
3.Luke ESB hero - the thing I posted few pages back about the snow in the screws on Norway + the hero lever rust spots match very closely the lever on the "Ranch Saber" suggesting it might be the same lever (ESB Graflex D rings - a discussion)

Last edited:
I've seen the blueprint in the PDF attached to the first post of this thread, but is there any in-universe, or canon, blueprints of lightsabers?

Did Obi-Wan leave instructions for Luke on Tatooine, or did Luke just use the Force to figure out how to build a lightsaber?

I've seen the blueprint in the PDF attached to the first post of this thread, but is there any in-universe, or canon, blueprints of lightsabers?

Did Obi-Wan leave instructions for Luke on Tatooine, or did Luke just use the Force to figure out how to build a lightsaber?
As of right now all we have for canon is that luke found obi wan’s journal he wrote for luke over the years. In the journal is instructions on how to build one from
Scratch

Unfortunately there isn’t any picture in the comic showing any diagrams it’s just legit one line saying Ben left me this journal with instructions to build a lightsaber..

I pray we see on screen luke building his v2 from obiwans old parts and qui gons crystal..

I always wished that Obi-wans lightsaber would come full circle. That Luke would be united with it down the line after his showdown with Vader.(who last had it). During rise of skywalker i actually thought when Luke went to get Leia's saber that he would pull out Obi-wan's and say something to the effect of, "This was your grandfather's lightsaber, Ben was an old friend of mine" of course they would have to rewrite the whole sequel trilogy but, you know...no big deal or anything...lol.

As of right now all we have for canon is that luke found obi wan’s journal he wrote for luke over the years. In the journal is instructions on how to build one from
Scratch

Unfortunately there isn’t any picture in the comic showing any diagrams it’s just legit one line saying Ben left me this journal with instructions to build a lightsaber..

I pray we see on screen luke building his v2 from obiwans old parts and qui gons crystal..

Okay, great, thanks for the info. If Luke learned how from Obi-Wan's journal it seems like it might have been more of a narrative, maybe with a few sketches and notes, rather than any sort of 'blueprint'. An 'Obi-Wan diary' crafted like a 'grail diary' might be fun to make ...

Was just looking at the guide earlier today for some references and saw that the four rivets in between the grips and the double rivets on the d-ring weren’t mentioned in the ANH Graflex section. Did we determine at some point that those were not present on the hero? Having a hard time remembering the hundreds of forum pages of material on the Graflex’s…

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back