The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Also, the "mystery chunk" is a mystery no more! Boot studs off of Wellies (waders)!

I'd also like to petition to add further names in recognition of their services in expanding our knowledge on the Kenobi stunt hilts: LOM , vadermania , and BRRogers (particularly over this past year).

So stop writing movies and tv shows, Seth, and get back to doing some important work! ;)

I have a suggestion. Don't crucify me for it. Instead of calling it the" ISYHCANL", which is a bit of a mouth full. Why not the "Endor Hero"? Or "Endor Walkway Hero"?

I have a suggestion. Don't crucify me for it. Instead of calling it the" ISYHCANL", which is a bit of a mouth full. Why not the "Endor Hero"? Or "Endor Walkway Hero"?
I wouldn’t crucify… but might rather play devils advocate ;)

The Yuma/Hero during the scene was a separate shot done in pickups… so in terms of shooting timeline it wasn’t a part of the Endor gangway sequence at all.

It could also be confusing, because during rehearsal on that actual set they were using the V3, and for shooting the scene it was the V2 for the entirety of the sequence.

I’d argue that to call it anything other than the “ISYHCANL” might create further confusion about which hilt was being used during the inserted and dubbed shot.

It is also the only documented (as far as I know) sequence of The Yuma/Hero in that particular state of construction for the production. Considering it’s already established I’d argue it has solidified its place as more than just a convenient monicker; but perhaps the only correct one.

Edit* on reflection.
I do get what you mean though:
It is a mouthful when describing.
Perhaps the “grip saber”. Or “Vaders Gloves Hero”

“Vaders Leather Gloves Make a Sound When Ringing Lukes Lightsaber in his Hands Hero”
VLGMSWRLLHH

*double edit* devils advocate went straight into crucify. I am Sorry :whistle:

Last edited:
All the nick names are things that have been proliferated beyond this site into the community at large. It's kind of hard to suddenly get the entire community to adopt nomeclature when it generally happens out of conversations.

... except "Creepy Uncle." That one is 100% my fault.

I wouldn’t crucify… but might rather play devils advocate ;)

The Yuma/Hero during the scene was a separate shot done in pickups… so in terms of shooting timeline it wasn’t a part of the Endor gangway sequence at all.

It could also be confusing, because during rehearsal on that actual set they were using the V3, and for shooting the scene it was the V2 for the entirety of the sequence.

I’d argue that to call it anything other than the “ISYHCANL” might create further confusion about which hilt was being used during the inserted and dubbed shot.

It is also the only documented (as far as I know) sequence of The Yuma/Hero in that particular state of construction for the production. Considering it’s already established I’d argue it has solidified its place as more than just a convenient monicker; but perhaps the only correct one.

Edit* on reflection.
I do get what you mean though:
It is a mouthful when describing.
Perhaps the “grip saber”. Or “Vaders Gloves Hero”

“Vaders Leather Gloves Make a Sound When Ringing Lukes Lightsaber in his Hands Hero”
VLGMSWRLLHH

*double edit* devils advocate went straight into crucify. I am Sorry :whistle:
Actually I see what you mean. From a production, behind the scenes standpoint "ISHY.......something something";) does make sense. I've just always thought it would be nice if it had nice short descriptor.

Really it's odd, how things have gotten named. The V2 should really be the V1, since it was the primary hero. And the ISYHCANL should really be the V2. But it would horribly upsetting to change everything now.

And no, you didn't crucify. :)

Actually I see what you mean. From a production, behind the scenes standpoint "ISHY.......something something";) does make sense. I've just always thought it would be nice if it had nice short descriptor.

Really it's odd, how things have gotten named. The V2 should really be the V1, since it was the primary hero. And the ISYHCANL should really be the V2. But it would horribly upsetting to change everything now.

And no, you didn't crucify. :)
Back on the day they were just know as shared stunts, it was scarfman and his crew that officially named the v2 and v3 waaaaaaaaay back. Hell I think it was before the official rpf board name change..

Correct me if I’m wrong scarf, it was the roginal board Brandon setup right?

Back on the day they were just know as shared stunts, it was scarfman and his crew that officially named the v2 and v3 waaaaaaaaay back. Hell I think it was before the official rpf board name change..

Correct me if I’m wrong scarf, it was the roginal board Brandon setup right?
This would have been on the RPF propplanet.com domain, just after the StarwarsVStitanic board and directly after the ezboard days. 1999/2000 maybe 01’ 02’?
Some of the names were what stuck in conversation, just like Bryan said. Some had already stuck by the time I joined. It was an organic process that no one really thought about, names just began to stick.
The Lucasfilm archives, and Chronicles books I’m sure had something to do with the naming conventions.
We had to have a set of nomenclature to keep the thread topics organized.

The point is the stickiness, these names have been good enough to last twenty plus years.
There is a large amount of information for a new person in the hobby to assimilate, these names are just part of it.

Lucas and Disney have changed enough of Star Wars, let’s not follow suit.

Last edited:
This would have been on the RPF propplanet.com domain, just after the StarwarsVStitanic board and directly after the ezboard days. 1999/2000 maybe 01’ 02’?
Some of the names were what stuck in conversation, just like Bryan said. Some had already stuck by the time I joined. It was an organic process that no one really thought about, names just began to stick.
The Lucasfilm archives, and Chronicles books I’m sure had something to do with the naming conventions.
We had to have a set of nomenclature to keep the thread topics organized.

The point is the stickiness, these names have been good enough to last twenty plus years.
There is a large amount of information for a new person in the hobby to assimilate, these names are just part of it.

Lucas and Disney have changed enough of Star Wars, let’s not follow suit.
Ezboard days.. good times

Speaking of ezboard days, a lot was going on over at A.S.A.P.‘s defined lightsaber (or lightsabre as we sometimes spelled it) threads.

moffeaton has been doing some great vids with the real old timers, there’s a thread on the OT forum.
You fellas should check it out.
Wonder if I can sign in with my old account…

Oh, there was a long thread on the shared stunts where everyone kept getting confused as to which saber was being talked about because pics were not thrown around in nearly the same quantity or quality as they are now. I think MPire maybe Hez, someone said let’s just call this one version 2.
Ref pics were scarce. Lol You had to host them on your own website or steal someone’s bandwidth.
All the bbcode, so much bbcode, close your quote bracket the thread is messed up. Lol

Last edited:
Hello guys!
I have a Korbanth LS6 and wanted to turn it into V3 version.
I changed the clamp lever for a Graflex one, put a V3 clamp card and a D-ring. I know it’s not completely accurate but never managed to answer to this question:
Is the V3 got the nipple or not?

Thanks! :)

Hello guys!
I have a Korbanth LS6 and wanted to turn it into V3 version.
I changed the clamp lever for a Graflex one, put a V3 clamp card and a D-ring. I know it’s not completely accurate but never managed to answer to this question:
Is the V3 got the nipple or not?

qanl.jpg

Thanks! :)
No nipple on the current V3. Actually the opposite, a 3/4” recess into the emitter

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back