The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

SethS

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The effort you've put into this book so far is amazing and appreciated by the whole community! I think everyone understands that this is a volunteer effort and you cannot possibly update it with every little detail uncovered in a random thread in this forum or elsewhere. :)

But I assumed that's what this thread is for - to collect the little updates or corrections meanwhile.
I mean to me in this particular scene it is so clearly that the screws are black and only partially covered with snow that I didn't think it is necessary to start a separate discussion thread about it.

Anyway, I've posted all the frames from the scene. If anyone sees a mistake in my interpretation, please point it out, show where the silver screws are. So far, unfortunately, it kind of went sideways and people started posting unrelated images in what shapes as another round of general silver vs black screws.
I think the pic you posted is definitely snow on black screws-- but at the same time, Chaim's images (which I have put in the book and sorta didn't think to go and re-examine) also show silver screws. I think both things can be true.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Sym-Cha

Master Member
Clearly, with other photos posted by Sym-Cha, screws were also missing. Two or even more possible sabers, then?
What I meant by missing screws is ... the grips had not been falling off due to the cold yet, so the repairs with notches and x-screws was still to come in the future ... so it's one and the same saber at least on location in Bergen Norway.

Chaïm

v312

Looking through Sym-Cha's pictures and then some older discussion threads what's more interesting to me than the black/silver screws is that
the D-ring seems to change shape quite a lot. I can see at least 4 distinct shapes:

1. Tri-ring:
1620002726179.png

2. "Crooked Tri-ring"
1620003373289.png

and maybe even here ??
1620003404178.png

3. Normal D-ring:
1620003844909.png

4. "Wide" D-ring (like the one in the Wampa cave scene)
1620003995867.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.