The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Congratulations, russellsch ! Man, it looks just incredible!
That is just wonderful. Love it

Thanks guys. This is a dream come true, to be sure. :)

Beautiful vintage parts Obi buddy, congrats on completing your build (y)

Thanks man. The tips & leads were always greatly appreciated! (y)

Man, that thing is beautiful. Congrats, russellsch!

Thank you sir. You were a ray of hope in a dark time. Even though I wasn't able to pick up your booster, you revived the hope there was one out there for me. :D

Looks amazing to finally see it come together! Congratulations my friend!

Thank you so much, for everything you've done for me! I, & many others, would be lost without your kindness. :notworthy:

Obi-Wan-007.jpg

Chaïm

Here's an article on preserving rusted metal. It's actually about preserving post electrolysis but if you did that I think it would disappear entirely:

I'd go with heating with a hairdryer followed by the acetone or isopropyl alcohol bath, then the microcrystaline wax if you can or Briwax. If you don't plan on using the container ( I don't think it would last long if you did) & want it displayed I'd put it in a cabinet to remove the temptation of handling it or getting it squashed. if your likely to handle it I'd try & find a suitable tube to fit inside to prevent accidental crushing. This doesn't need to be a tight fit.. Any firm material really (pipe lagging foam?) but there is the risk here of an absorbent material taking damp from the air & causing contact rusting - but similar goes for impervious material getting condensation. If I did this I'd try covering the insert with grease proof paper 'stuck' to the tube with petroleum jelly (vasalene) or maybe some melted wax & keep a eye on it just to make sure.. This shouldn't attract moisture or condensation.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back