The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Nice glory pics bud. Figured would show mine again. ;) One more addition soon...

And don’t mind the Romans there that’s so I can keep my originals as is.

5E58A285-7046-410F-8DF8-8A8A2D793E19.jpeg
63590104-87A2-4A54-A8D1-B62BF5073EA4.jpeg
F0EEAB8E-4C1A-4D94-8B89-6B54D2CEBD70.jpeg
E102B9F2-EEF3-4A9D-8D58-51A5A29FFF49.jpeg
965957D4-3D30-4BD7-BCBD-72CD550400DE.jpeg
AF3D796C-5C20-4B7D-B6EA-CD4E26C6D60E.jpeg

I couldn't help myself i found some old pics and had to drop them.
20190828_184936-jpg.jpg
Shiny shiny ! Don't get to see the end caps in pictures often either. I've seen it asked before on the RPF but not seen a reply. Do we know if Obiwan's saber was 'hot' or 'cold'.

It's quite a hoard (if i may be so vulgar) you have there. Just seen an Exactra 19 sell on fleabay over here in UK for £116.

Depends on how bad you want it as they are VERY HARD to find these days. I would personally say you are lucky to find decent ones in the $1800-2500 range, nice even more.

As for the H or C it was just arbitrarily picked (years ago I assume) as blue color ring for Jedi so C is the desired version. These days just be happy with what you can get, keep looking if want, but don’t pass on something that might be SLIGHTLY OFF of movie accurate because you may never find what you “abosolutely must have”.

Shame, maybe he ran hot & cold ? I wasn't thinking on the lines of have to have. Sorry if it came over that way, I was just curious.

and don’t mind the Romans there that’s so I can keep my originals as is.
There's always a little niggle in my mind when I see vintage/antique stuff cut up for these things, just doesn't quite seem right sometimes. Nice to see others share the feeling & you've made a good display too. I particularly like the whole tap - nice touch :p

So there were two Obi 'sabers built, correct?? It would seem that it would be safe to say one had a hot and one had a cold handwheel?? But who knows....

I'm kinda more in the camp that the actual prop didn't have either the cold or hot end cap on it. I'm not firmly in that camp, for the entire film, but I think I don't see a cap on it when he bends to pick Luke up off the Cantina floor. It could just be left open... but I'm not 100% sure though.
In any event, I have the cold end cap for the handwheel on my saber. I'm good either way.

So there were two Obi 'sabers built, correct?? It would seem that it would be safe to say one had a hot and one had a cold handwheel?? But who knows....

This is one of my all time favorite threads, filled with great photos and debates

I have to agree that 2 were built... or at least the Grenade was changed out during the filming location switch to Tunisia...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back