The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

I'm inclined to 3.

Vadermania/Jon Bunker (both in the visual effects business) have told us that even in low budget films significant props have 2 backups. (JB also said here were app. 8 motorised stunts. Presumably OB1/luke/vader).
This was confirmed for me recently in a UK TV program called antiques roadshow in which mention was made of a prop rat that was in the final episode (1979) of a BBC TV sit com called Fawlty Towers. Said rat is on screen for 20 seconds, at most, but a rat on the loose is the running gag driving the whole episode & this is the 'punch line'. See (at app. 2.12.) :
The BBC was notorious for cost cutting at that time. The roadshow mentioned that John Kleese (Basil Fawlty the hotel owner) kept One of the rats (& subsequently lost it) but that the other Two turned up on one the roadshows for valuation.
3 odiwan hilts sure would explain an awful lot of the variations we see in the photo's/screen shots.

Hear me out please - look at the tunisia emitter/neck joint. To me this either means:

1) Rubber washers kept the emitter on, leaving it crooked

2) the solid bottom to the balance pipe, and its high placement, means this had resin cast parts, with a real clamp and pommel. Maybe even a real booster.

Has always looked to me like the grenade was upside-down with the neck jammed in. Maybe they did this, maybe they did it for a mold of the explosive that they couldn't travel with?

Shiny shiny ! Don't get to see the end caps in pictures often either. I've seen it asked before on the RPF but not seen a reply. Do we know if Obiwan's saber was 'hot' or 'cold'.

It's quite a hoard (if i may be so vulgar) you have there. Just seen an Exactra 19 sell on fleabay over here in UK for £116.
I know this got answered but im trying to respond to everyone that has initiated conversation with me and im sorry it takes a while to respond. Im on set all day extremely busy. No chance to get on my phone till lunch really. Then home if im not super tired. Im trying to make it a point to be part of this community now. Bare with me please.

To answer the question, no theres no solid evidence of what cap is on the obi. I've been doing this for 25+ years and have never seen anything that could shed any light on that. Until new reference comes out it will remain a mystery.

Here Is what i got guys. Its a major update to my 2013 post. The hunt is real(a real sickness ha!)
20190904_192133.jpg
20190904_201438.jpg
20190904_210038.jpg
20190904_213140.jpg

One of the boosters is going to Darksidettendencies . And that is a nos large assembly bp. And a converted male. Will add more when more awake. Good night and happy hunting.

Cheers! Luke

What´s the deal with your boosters? Seem to be all repros...
Anyway, awesome collection.

Mouse Vader...keep on posting your research. Love this thread!
I can assure you they are real. I got them from a reputable spitfire parts seller. They were listed right next to his repos that he makes. And you can tell the difference. He had just got 3 a couple weeks ago and i jumped on it. My jaw dropped when i got the first one. They look nos. I had to chuck it up to a lathe and soak it in this crazy lube and crank on it to get the bearing nutt off. They are just really minty.

I can assure you they are real. I got them from a reputable spitfire parts seller. They were listed right next to his repos that he makes. And you can tell the difference. He had just got 3 a couple weeks ago and i jumped on it. My jaw dropped when i got the first one. They look nos. I had to chuck it up to a lathe and soak it in this crazy lube and crank on it to get the bearing nutt off. They are just really minty.
Wow you got very lucky!! I don’t think I ever have or even will see one in that good of condition again, let alone THREE!! Great find! :)

I hate to second OdiWan72, but those boosters are replicas. I had the chance to purchase those exact three in early June but passed after examining the pictures Spitfire provided and after getting a second opinion from teecrooz. He confirmed they were indeed replicas, and pointed out some of the lesser obvious tells that I didn’t notice.

42EC4381-730E-4A55-84E4-EF1C6DA2AE95.jpeg
98DF5F7E-1245-4BB3-BAE8-5DB08E473796.jpeg
8073E237-1A6D-473D-B029-2A42C268C9A0.jpeg

I did end up purchasing the one to the far left (#1) because the fins, wear, and chrome plating on the inside indicated it was absolutely genuine.

We made a PSA about this in the propsofstarwars.com group, hoping no one in our hobby would fall prey to this. I’m really bummed that it ended up making its way to our community.

I would definitely reach out to Graham at Spitfire to see if he’d be willing to refund you. If not, I would file a claim with PayPal.

yeah the fact that the boosters lack the nikel plating inside seems like a big tell they would be replicas. That is crazy if the guy from spitfire sold them for real ones and for a hefty price I'm guessing...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back