The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

it sure looks like it.

Amazing grenades! You've found 3 that all have the fully beveled first ring too, which is pretty neat. Every one I've owned seems to be later in the war, leaving a flat machined area at the bottom of the shoulder. I think mine says 1916 on the bottom.

I second that. Thanks for taking the time.

I take it the part with the pin attached by string is a 'safety' to stop the weathervane from unscrewing while being handled.

Correct, the pin keeps the collar on, which prevents the windvane from unscrewing, which prevents the two neck pins from coming out, which keeps the firing pin from being able to slide into the frag body detonation tube.

since we're talking grenades... here are my babies...
IMG-7013.JPG

And what splendid babies they are. Most of the ones I see now have the non-bevelled fragmentation ring at the top. Seems SW fans do a sweep of militaria shows early before I get there :lol:

I second that. Thanks for taking the time.

I take it the part with the pin attached by string is a 'safety' to stop the weathervane from unscrewing while being handled.

My pleasure, Thank you. Thanks to everyone. Yes exactly. check it out.

20190827_191248.jpg

The pin and spring and everything go inside the tube. Im using it for spacing to keep this visual.

20190827_191808.jpg

See the little pin under the windvane locking the pin in. The other one fell right out

20190827_192634.jpg

Both out pin drops.

20190827_202355.jpg

I hope this was ok to show on this thread. And i hope it was cool for you to see.

GTL 07/16 huh? Interesting! I don't see the S stamp, and the windvane ring swoop looks totally different. maybe a different factory! Mine had no initials or a date like this. remarkable.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back