The show your custom BLASTER thread!

That thing looks awesome! Adding to a real gun, like they did in the OT, makes it feel like it could be part of the Star Wars universe.

It looks like you started with an AR-15. It's so good that I can't tell if you used somthing like a metal airsoft or just did a really good weathering job on a plastic gun.

A few more that I cobbled together. The first one is based on...er...I have NO idea what the gun is...I'm going to assume it was a pneumatic tool of some sorts and has a helluva lot of heft to it. I didnt want it to ve over cluttered with detail so just stuck some small metal details on.

The second pair are the trusty late 70s TV light guns with some spare left over resin greeblies. :)
20190225_094945.jpg
20190227_125203.jpg
20190225_094414.jpg
20190227_131551.jpg

Those are fantastic!

That Binatone/Famicon zapper is perfect. There's a few in this thread, mine included. It always looks great.

That air tool has a scuba gun feel to it. Actually, you'd fool me if you suggested it was a backround prop on ESB. I absolutely love it!

The blocky chunk of metal under the scope.

That's a bushing from a stand-up hole punch machine! There was literally a foot lever and it stood up like a desk. My old work was throwing it out and it sat in my office waiting for a dumpster. It accidentally fell apart when no one was looking :oops:

Loving all these new customs, guys!! Keep em coming!

You know, for awhile I thought one of those old Binatone light guns was the base for Mace's blaster in the first Ewok movie "Caravan of Courage", but I discovered it's actually something else. Stay tuned while I find a pic.

Here you go, one of the great toy guns of my childhood and all time!

I'm sure everyone knows about the Edison Giocatolli? (It's a tough one for me to spell) toy guns. They're all so beautiful. But yeah, this was the base for Mace's blaster in the Ewoks movies!

Screenshot_2019-04-02-14-21-16.png

I actually had one as a kid, and still have parts of it to this day! The longer barrel broke off long ago, and I turned the "pistol" into a custom blaster of sorts back in the 90s. I'll dig it out and take some pics!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back