The show your custom BLASTER thread!

Been working on various custom blasters, both in Fusion 360 and with old airsoft guns.
BA79D2B1-3DA2-497C-9CF3-697A12E7FB10.jpeg
E2D49F39-1C6C-4BB7-8118-0242C417E40E.jpeg
D7401C97-6311-4EEC-8BE7-9BD2293FE98F.jpeg
88CBB8B1-049B-4EF8-AEAB-39B58B109C53.jpeg

CE82E185-A5D7-4C13-9154-7E71C9787DAF.jpeg

Ed, I really like these designs. Hilariously they remind me of the Mandalorian props - but that's just a coincidence. What is the make-up of those bolted filled in fronts? Resin with aluminum plates? Really intuitive design there.

I would suggest doing something different with the revolver chambers and handles, maybe something along the lines of Beckett’s blasters

Thanks, thd9791.
The reason that some remind you of the Mandalorian blaster is because I borrowed the front portion design of the Bergmann pistol (which is what they used to make the Mando Blaster) I always thought the Bergmann pistol would make a great Star Wars Blaster. Little did I suspect it would be used for our favorite TV show!!!
The
"plates" are simply plastic styrene glued then bolted on with cap nuts. I used Milliput to fill in the spaces and contour some of the grips. I also had some leftover P-38 pistol grips that I added to some to give them a slightly different look.
The Revolver was modified to be a 'Break-Top' with the addition of the hinged portion.
Here are some shots showing the build-ups.
Ed
a (1).jpg
a (2).jpg
a (3).jpg
a (4).jpg
a (5).jpg
a (6).jpg
a (7).jpg
a (8).jpg
a (9).jpg
a (10).jpg
a (11).jpg
a (12).jpg
a (13).jpg
a (14).jpg
a (15).jpg
a (16).jpg

All of your blaster models look absolutely killer!!
Do you have any plans for them? I would absolutely love to print and paint one or two!
Thanks! I’d love to print them myself, but right now I’m at the mercy of public libraries and other cheap printing options. If you (or anyone else, for that matter) would like the files for any of my blasters, send me a PM and I’ll get a more print-friendly file sent your way.

Edit: and if you would prefer to slice the models yourselves, let me know and I can get you that too

Thanks, thd9791.
The reason that some remind you of the Mandalorian blaster is because I borrowed the front portion design of the Bergmann pistol (which is what they used to make the Mando Blaster) I always thought the Bergmann pistol would make a great Star Wars Blaster. Little did I suspect it would be used for our favorite TV show!!!
The
"plates" are simply plastic styrene glued then bolted on with cap nuts. I used Milliput to fill in the spaces and contour some of the grips. I also had some leftover P-38 pistol grips that I added to some to give them a slightly different look.
The Revolver was modified to be a 'Break-Top' with the addition of the hinged portion.
Here are some shots showing the build-ups.
Ed
View attachment 1249386View attachment 1249387View attachment 1249388View attachment 1249389View attachment 1249390View attachment 1249391View attachment 1249392View attachment 1249393View attachment 1249394View attachment 1249395View attachment 1249396View attachment 1249397View attachment 1249398View attachment 1249399View attachment 1249400View attachment 1249401
Oops, what the heck, website error - wouldn't offer option to insert quotes in the previous post

Milliput - I've been using Aves Apoxie Sculpt with similar results, it's so useful this putty. I am sincerely impressed at the blending job of the panels to the trigger guard. Fooled me into thinking you replaced or covered all of that with another piece.

Ed, I love your "Bergmann-Study" custom designs! I've been proven wrong that nothing "cool" could ever be made from the standard Crosman "Repeater" pistol (the one that EVERYONE probably had growing up, that is loosely based on the 1911)!!

And I REALLY like the "Top-Break" conversion to that revolver! Very nicely done! And the P-38 grips with the C96 look slick.

I think the Luger version is my favorite (love the front strap mods, with the pinky extension, and the front ramp sight, also the grip medallion), although the P-38 is a close second. It needs something different at the muzzle, in my opinion, though. I like the presentation box, too!

Some excellent Milliput skills, sir!

DEFINITELY weird that after all those "Bergmann-esque" builds, that that's what our Mandalorian carries! Totally spookular.

HMSWolfe, beautiful designs, as ALWAYS!

EVERYBODY has been building some great customs, lately, pat yourselves on the back, ALL Y'ALL!

:D

Last edited:
Thanks, Dann & thd9791 !!!
They were fun builds. Yes, the Crosman repeater was SCREAMING to have anything cool done to it...LOL
--Ed

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back