The Marvel custom/redesign Thread

Here's my concept for a custom Namor. Notice the wings on the feet are actually vestigial fins.

View attachment 451805
Love this redesign, definitely needed for the character, and as much as I like the look of fins rather than wings, the wings are not only iconic but essential, being part of his powers and all.

Also laughing at the idea of flapping fins that give him the ability of flight, and realizing how amazing that'd be translated onto the big screen.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see the Namor design! And I was thinking about starting another thread like this in the DC section, if enough people say they would like to see that I will start one.
Please do it, I will happily submit all of my redesigns. :)

Glad to see you back, Cap. No real progress on my Cyclops, apart from sourcing of materials. My Guardian doodles have helped me eliminate ideas, and I'm probably going to end up having a lot of fine EL wire incorporated in hopefully enhancing ways. I'm working on how to show that the entire suit is powered despite being flexible and looking like fabric. I'm also looking at how to incorporate subtle exoskeletal reinforcement to show its origins as a disaster-rescue suit... without looking like rubber plant-ons. *heh*

--Jonah

Some great designs I see here, I'm not much of an artist myself but I had some spare time today to scribble down my dream Spider-Man suit idea, which I am gonna make hopefully this summer, very excited about it.

Dream suit concept Mystery.jpg

Things I'm going for:
.All blue undersuit
. Stylized red "tick" at the back
.Blue painted, line segrated blue sections
.Black painted organic body flowing webbing, and red lines between them (kinda like the honeycomb in ASM, but instead of honeycomb it'll be lines
.Top sides of the spiders legs integrated in the webbing, but not the bottom lines
.More black rim on the lenses, I'm leaning towards this style of lenses,
10559902_791186837602290_4382698782401393308_n.jpg

Which are made by oraclemade, they do some gorgeous stuff with lenses, highly recommend checking them out, obvoisly it'll be black instead of red on the rims
.Frequent webbing, like Mcfarlane styleish.

Really excited to start this pretty soon, tell me what you think of the custom redesign :)

Love this redesign, definitely needed for the character, and as much as I like the look of fins rather than wings, the wings are not only iconic but essential, being part of his powers and all.

Also laughing at the idea of flapping fins that give him the ability of flight, and realizing how amazing that'd be translated onto the big screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Please do it, I will happily submit all of my redesigns. :)

Alright you convinced me. I will set up a DC thread as soon as I get the chance. I'm looking forward to seeing your designs.

Glad to see you back, Cap. No real progress on my Cyclops, apart from sourcing of materials. My Guardian doodles have helped me eliminate ideas, and I'm probably going to end up having a lot of fine EL wire incorporated in hopefully enhancing ways. I'm working on how to show that the entire suit is powered despite being flexible and looking like fabric. I'm also looking at how to incorporate subtle exoskeletal reinforcement to show its origins as a disaster-rescue suit... without looking like rubber plant-ons. *heh*

--Jonah

Thanks I'm glad to be back. Looking forward to seeing that Guardians armor it sounds awesome! I know what you mean about the EL wire though, I've been looking for an excuse to use some myself lol.

Some great designs I see here, I'm not much of an artist myself but I had some spare time today to scribble down my dream Spider-Man suit idea, which I am gonna make hopefully this summer, very excited about it.

View attachment 452082

Things I'm going for:
.All blue undersuit
. Stylized red "tick" at the back
.Blue painted, line segrated blue sections
.Black painted organic body flowing webbing, and red lines between them (kinda like the honeycomb in ASM, but instead of honeycomb it'll be lines
.Top sides of the spiders legs integrated in the webbing, but not the bottom lines
.More black rim on the lenses, I'm leaning towards this style of lenses, https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd...._=1438253331_f05a80e7bf4180222c0da405677d46dc

Which are made by oraclemade, they do some gorgeous stuff with lenses, highly recommend checking them out, obvoisly it'll be black instead of red on the rims
.Frequent webbing, like Mcfarlane styleish.

Really excited to start this pretty soon, tell me what you think of the custom redesign :)

This looks awesome, very Mcfarlane, exactly the way I like my Spidey lol. I can't wait to see you build this.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Testing out the blues for my custom spidey. Reds come next. I might wind up doing the new character (Silk / Cindy Moon) for my wife

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.5 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 249
That looks great BRRogers, I am digging the two different blues they really add to the outfit. It would be awesome to see Silk also. Awesome job, can't wait to see more.

I love this thread! Somehow I seem to end up doing more redesigns of DC characters and more replicas of Marvel, so I don't have much to add (except that everybody's stuff looks awesome).

I've been considering doing an movie-style Bucky-as-Captain-America, though, and now I might get motivated to come up with a coherent design...

Hey, look, I said I would do something, and I did something! That's rare.

mcu bucky cap colored 2.jpg

My attempt at envisioning what Bucky might wear if he became Cap in the movies. I brought in some random details from the Avengers and Ultron suits, and tried to keep the general idea of the comics suit...which I honestly have never liked very much. But I like some parts of it, and I like wearing black

And I realized this would be an excuse to use some of the black leather my aunt got me for Christmas (which was awesome of her, but I had no idea what I was going to do with it at the time), so this might actually happen, though maybe not soon.

Any input would be very appreciated.

View attachment 455728

My attempt at envisioning what Bucky might wear if he became Cap in the movies. I brought in some random details from the Avengers and Ultron suits, and tried to keep the general idea of the comics suit...which I honestly have never liked very much. But I like some parts of it, and I like wearing black

And I realized this would be an excuse to use some of the black leather my aunt got me for Christmas (which was awesome of her, but I had no idea what I was going to do with it at the time), so this might actually happen, though maybe not soon.

That is an awesome design for Bucky! It definitely looks like it would fit right in with the MCU.

View attachment 455728

Would you mind if I'll slightly alter this design and sew it as well? It's a really beautiful design.

View attachment 455728

I love this! I like that it's simple in concept but has some really awesome details going on. Don't flame me for this, but I think a lot of the latest movie costumes are just getting too over-designed. It's going to get to the point where the costumes are wearing the actors rather than the other way around. More and more and more simply for the sake of more and more and more is not a good design philosophy no matter what the medium.

Last edited:
This thread is simply awesome. I'm looking for my first foam project to be an armored suit for Forge, based in part on his 90s X-Men & X-Factor look. I'd like to upscale it to movie style (more Marvel Studios, less Fox) but I want to keep a golden yellow with either black or navy for the color scheme.

I'm planning on an armor torso, maybe similar in design to the Mass Effect armor projects I see everywhere online. The torso will (hopefullly) incorporate EL wire lighting in yellow for accents. Armored gauntlets or bracers are a must as well. The under suit would need to be along the lines of Cap's suit from TWS, I think.

I kinda want to keep the knee-high fringe moccasin boots in some form, possibly a few leather pouches, but I'm undecided on those. It was always important to me that Forge was a shaman as well as an inventor though, so I want to show that somehow. Its a concept in progress for now though.

I'll probably be reusing the oversized modded Nerf mashup energy weapon I'm working up for my SHIELD Agent costume. That's been slowly coming together (despite my broken elbow) but I like where its headed, mixing a Longshot body with a Firefly stock and an inverted underslung Recon to make it look more massive and imposing (without venturing into Liefeld Cable carrying an M1A1 turret size cannon). As I started that project, I kept looking at Forge's weapons for inspiration, which led me to the redesign idea.

Love seeing all these redesigns and I hope you're all making great progress!

This thread is simply awesome. I'm looking for my first foam project to be an armored suit for Forge, based in part on his 90s X-Men & X-Factor look. I'd like to upscale it to movie style (more Marvel Studios, less Fox) but I want to keep a golden yellow with either black or navy for the color scheme.

I'm planning on an armor torso, maybe similar in design to the Mass Effect armor projects I see everywhere online. The torso will (hopefullly) incorporate EL wire lighting in yellow for accents. Armored gauntlets or bracers are a must as well. The under suit would need to be along the lines of Cap's suit from TWS, I think.

I kinda want to keep the knee-high fringe moccasin boots in some form, possibly a few leather pouches, but I'm undecided on those. It was always important to me that Forge was a shaman as well as an inventor though, so I want to show that somehow. Its a concept in progress for now though.

I'll probably be reusing the oversized modded Nerf mashup energy weapon I'm working up for my SHIELD Agent costume. That's been slowly coming together (despite my broken elbow) but I like where its headed, mixing a Longshot body with a Firefly stock and an inverted underslung Recon to make it look more massive and imposing (without venturing into Liefeld Cable carrying an M1A1 turret size cannon). As I started that project, I kept looking at Forge's weapons for inspiration, which led me to the redesign idea.

Love seeing all these redesigns and I hope you're all making great progress!

Thanks, cool idea. I really love all the 90s X-Men styles, but updating it to MCU style is a good idea. Good sources for inspiration as well, Mass Effect armor designs are not hard to come by so thats an upside. I was just wondering was it the stealth Cap suit you were talking about?Good to keep the character in mind when doing redesigns, I try to do that with my redesigns too.It all sounds awesome! Sorry about the arm though. My designs are going really slow, due to time spent on another project but I will get back to it. I really can't wait to see your build come together!

Thanks, cool idea. I really love all the 90s X-Men styles, but updating it to MCU style is a good idea. Good sources for inspiration as well, Mass Effect armor designs are not hard to come by so thats an upside. I was just wondering was it the stealth Cap suit you were talking about?Good to keep the character in mind when doing redesigns, I try to do that with my redesigns too.It all sounds awesome! Sorry about the arm though. My designs are going really slow, due to time spent on another project but I will get back to it. I really can't wait to see your build come together!

Thanks!

Yes, Cap's stealth suit is kind of the style I'm aiming for. I figure the stealth suit (or something similar) would be ideal for someone like Forge, who does have a military background, while staying firmly rooted in the superhero world.

As for the arm, I'm six weeks out from surgery (a plate & five screws are holding the bone together now) so I'm very much in the recovery phase. Since my dominant hand is effected, it kept me from doing Forge for Wizard World Philly in May. A very basic SHIELD field agent (fatigues, badge, ID card, patches) is easy enough to do though, and the weapon is transferable from that to Forge, so I still get to make a little progress for now. Slow progress is better than no progress!

Thanks!

Yes, Cap's stealth suit is kind of the style I'm aiming for. I figure the stealth suit (or something similar) would be ideal for someone like Forge, who does have a military background, while staying firmly rooted in the superhero world.

As for the arm, I'm six weeks out from surgery (a plate & five screws are holding the bone together now) so I'm very much in the recovery phase. Since my dominant hand is effected, it kept me from doing Forge for Wizard World Philly in May. A very basic SHIELD field agent (fatigues, badge, ID card, patches) is easy enough to do though, and the weapon is transferable from that to Forge, so I still get to make a little progress for now. Slow progress is better than no progress!

Really sorry to hear about the arm, that doesn't sound fun at all. I would love to see the SHIELD agent build you did if you have any pics. And you are absolutely right slow progress is better than no progress.

My own concept for Elektra's possible costume for Netflix's Daredevil.

elektra_upload.jpg

This is how I envisioned her if she would appear in the series.

Added the logo because I one day dream of designing something for the MCU. For now, I'll just pretend lol.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back