The Marvel custom/redesign Thread

Probably just the normal hammer... I have one already. From what I've seen of other heroes who became worthy their costume merged with Thor's with the same hammer

Awesome thread. Cool ideas!
Here's my custom Spidey costume. Just finished it today.
Borrowed elements from TASM1, the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon, and my own spin on the web patterns (pun intended), spider and eye shapes. Also, the gloves, boots and mask are separate.
IMAG0625.jpg
IMAG0626.jpg
IMAG0627.jpg

Awesome thread. Cool ideas!
Here's my custom Spidey costume. Just finished it today.
Borrowed elements from TASM1, the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon, and my own spin on the web patterns (pun intended), spider and eye shapes. Also, the gloves, boots and mask are separate.
View attachment 429688
View attachment 429689
View attachment 429690

I really like the rounded look of the red with the sharp, diagonal lines over top. Its like a cohesive contrast.

Cap 8.jpg

Here's step number one for me. Plate carrier and a shirt that'll ultimately become a sleeve/cover for the chest plate.

Last edited:
Thanks Wearenotlinear! Love the Spidey design, I'm a sucker for the classic big back spider symbol.

da wesheb, good start. I had considered underarmor at one point, but I'm going to make it with cordura now. Love the chest plate.

Thanks Wearenotlinear! Love the Spidey design, I'm a sucker for the classic big back spider symbol.

da wesheb, good start. I had considered underarmor at one point, but I'm going to make it with cordura now. Love the chest plate.

I might go a very different route with future cosplay

I really like the big spider on the back too and wish they'd put it in the movies. I started to do the thin Spider, but decided to go the classic route instead. Glad I did and glad you like it!

I have a few ideas for some other Cap cosplays in the future too da wesheb.

Wearenotlinear, totally agree. I wish they would use it in the movies too. The first Raimi film suit sort of had one, but that's as close as we have gotten.

I have a few ideas for some other Cap cosplays in the future too da wesheb.

Wearenotlinear, totally agree. I wish they would use it in the movies too. The first Raimi film suit sort of had one, but that's as close as we have gotten.

Do you have any designs ready to go or just in the idea stage? I have a list of other cosplays not related to Cap but I think I'll work on an Owlman build after this.

Do you have any designs ready to go or just in the idea stage? I have a list of other cosplays not related to Cap but I think I'll work on an Owlman build after this.
They are just ideas at the moment, I especially want to make some armor for Cap so he can take some major damage from the heavy hitters in the Marvel Universe. I also have a list of cosplays that I plan on doing in the future. A lot of them are Marvel, but there are a lot of other ones that are not as well. Owlman has an awesome suit though, let me know when you build it.

Done 14.png

Here's the re-design I did for my build guys. Hope to see more and more pics and concepts from everyone.

Last edited:
Loving this thread. :D The two I've had rattling around in my brain have been:

A "movie-ised" version (cordura, anti-ballistic pads, etc.) of the '90s Cyclops:

300054_press01-001.jpg

I'm still debating how I want to resolve the yellow bits, (keep them that color? tone it down a little? gold? brass? lose the pointless leg straps? the trunks?), but I have the jacket, I'm working on the visor, I've sourced the fabric I'm going to use for most of the suit, and I'm laying out the proportions for the bandolier. I'm probably going to use a partial muscle suit to bulk up my core a bit.

And the other is a Crimson Dynamo version of Whiplash from Iron Man 2 (in my headcanon, Vanko survives the self-destruct of the Hammer Drones, but Tony is able to confront him again to say he hadn't known about any of the stuff with his and Vanko's dad, some arguing commences, but the end result is Vanko becoming an ally). I've got a lot of photos of the suit from the Hot Toys offering, and a few grabs from the film. Idly working on nailing down the scaling, but I'm going to need someone with better 3D modeiling chops than I to help me create something I can use to create something buildable.

--Jonah

Loving this thread. :D The two I've had rattling around in my brain have been:

A "movie-ised" version (cordura, anti-ballistic pads, etc.) of the '90s Cyclops:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/15542/300054_press01-001.jpg

I'm still debating how I want to resolve the yellow bits, (keep them that color? tone it down a little? gold? brass? lose the pointless leg straps? the trunks?), but I have the jacket, I'm working on the visor, I've sourced the fabric I'm going to use for most of the suit, and I'm laying out the proportions for the bandolier. I'm probably going to use a partial muscle suit to bulk up my core a bit.

And the other is a Crimson Dynamo version of Whiplash from Iron Man 2 (in my headcanon, Vanko survives the self-destruct of the Hammer Drones, but Tony is able to confront him again to say he hadn't known about any of the stuff with his and Vanko's dad, some arguing commences, but the end result is Vanko becoming an ally). I've got a lot of photos of the suit from the Hot Toys offering, and a few grabs from the film. Idly working on nailing down the scaling, but I'm going to need someone with better 3D modeiling chops than I to help me create something I can use to create something buildable.

--Jonah

Thanks! I love the 90s Cyclops outfit. I used to watch the 90s X men cartoon and Cyclops was one of my favorites. I would say darkening the colors would help, maybe navy blue for the fabric and bronze for the belt rig would be cool. If you were going to change colors at all, a steel color for the belts would be awesome. With me I try to find a nice balance between comic source and redesign. Thinking in terms of practicality helps, like on Cap I was thinking that adding some inlaid armor would help. I always wanted to see an MCU version of Crimson Dynamo, he is one of my favorite Iron Man villains. I can't wait to see your builds.

Just want to say thanks for those pointing me in this direction. Love everyone's design's and I can't wait to see more posts! Here is my contribution to this thread. Planning on puff painting the webs and maybe the honeycomb, but that will be a work in progress. Hope you all enjoy!

10942334_10155123395960274_4399363295058821_n.jpg

I made a couple custom Wolverine designs, this one is movie+ultimates inspired, not sure of all the fabrics yet, but i know i want the blues to be faux leather/vinyl (since the movie suits had leather with piping) The shoulder pads are almost straight from Ultimate Wolvie, then i wanted classic yellow/gold side stripes
http://rs971.pbsrc.com/albums/ae197...5_171759_zps39d92c7d.jpg~320x480?t=1422148965

Looks awesome! I definitely see the Ultimates inspiration. Love that outfit, probably because I played through much of X-Men Legends in it. Can't wait to see it finished.

Just want to say thanks for those pointing me in this direction. Love everyone's design's and I can't wait to see more posts! Here is my contribution to this thread. Planning on puff painting the webs and maybe the honeycomb, but that will be a work in progress. Hope you all enjoy!

View attachment 431004

Thanks for posting your suit, I really love it. Can't wait to see you continue to work on it. I'm excited to see more post as well. Which means I should probably get back to my Iron Man design, decided to scrap the current one and go in a different direction.

Here's one of my own i drew on paper and threw together...2 years in the making. Took the best of the 616 and Ultimate and mashed em together.

10411110_10103477222440832_4172563469108271476_n.jpg

Awesome idea on the thread! Custom designs of classic characters are my absolute favorite.

I made a somewhat custom Gambit and Rogue for my brother last year, and will actually start on a Cyclops/Jean for my cousin tonight. Some sketches are attached to this thread.

View attachment 426914

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=426915&stc=1

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back