The Mandalorian (TV series)

That's odd. A user on YouTube suspected that they used DeepFake for Luke, note how "flat" Luke's face looked in comparison to the 3D rendered Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One. Does anyone know for sure if Deep Fake was used or if the previous 3D was?
For Leia and Tarkin, they spent a lot more time and money doing 3D meshes of the original actors, then applied those meshes to the new actors. The textures looked great, but they suffered from the "white dots" approach of current motion capture, where a lot of the typical human facial movements are either lost, or are smoothed out to the point of having that swooshy 3D keyframe look. Actually the YouTuber posted earlier tried deepfakes on Leia and Tarkin, with not-bad results. The animation is still bad because it's based on the CG source material. It'd be interesting to see the results if you could directly process the raw footage of the new actor, rather than the final footage we saw in Rogue One:

so they need software that can handle working with the file sizes needed for 4K video.

I think the software could probably handle 4K if you have enough VRAM, but that's easily solved by spending a lot of money. :)

heroes.jpg

It's definitely not difficult to grasp, I think people just truly want it to be wiped. But they forget Kennedy is still pulling the strings to all this. Just because they brought Uncle George in and gave him his own chair...and I think they're just being nice to the grandpa figure here...

It sucks that they are doing this, yes. But I am definitely not surprised.

The Mando being it's own thing was nice while it lasted.

Now the air is sucked out of the series for me. I know it was sucked out way earlier for many here, but I was still having a blast with it. The small amount of member berries were nice.

But I was just struck with one giant ass member berry. It's like eating WAY too much holiday dinner and now you're going to puke. No one wants that.
I would give it the benefit of the doubt until season 3 to call the air definitely sucked out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy or whatever Disney execs board had a hand in all the cameos this season, as a way to gauge interest in preparation of the big truckload of spinoffs coming our way. Yet, Book of Boba's anouncement was not made on investor's day just because Favreau asked for it, so as not to spoil an after credits scene (not even some main plot element of the season finale, just a nice little scene after the credits), that's what Favreau said in that morning interview anyway.

Think about it, The Mandalorian is the only thing that's keeping the future of your franchise alive, you need more content and you're launching a lot of series, yet you refrain from announcing one of your potentially best players because your wonder writer/producer/director asks... I think they now have enough respect and owe that much to Favreau that they will let him do whatever he thinks is best for Mando going forward.

The way I read the whole situation, they somewhat asked him a favor by showcasing so many cameos, verging on sequestering the show for the season, but come december 2021 he will have Mando to himself to do as he pleases, and from what we've seen so far, it should be good again. Not that this season was bad mind you, it almost went to far, but they did very good in the end. very good indeed. It's a win-win situation for everybody really.

I have hope. The guy is smart enough.

Anyone have any good pictures of Luke's costume in the mandalorian?

I'm a fan of this cameo appearance, taking Grogu to train and the uncanny valley stuff doesnt really bother me.

But I do have some beef with the wardrobe choice for Luke Skywalker. I'm not sure Luke should be all in black here. His hood looks oversized. The whole thing looks like it was cobbled together.
I'll be interested to see if they discuss this during the next season of the Gallery.
any thoughts?

TLJ Luke is great. Cranky, relatable, funny in his own way. I wish I liked the Mando Luke more, and I mean I do like some lightsaber action, but they didn't do enough to give me any more than that. I just wish Mando Luke had had some personality along with being good with a saber.
He’s kinda…prequelish. Reserved, overly stoic, bland even.

Nobody wants to see their heroes grow old and disenchanted. Heck, Ive hated watching myself grow old but it happens. Maybe thats why we love the heroes that die young so much and insult "comeback" attempts made by aged performers etc. I respect that the SW saga went there but I also understand why some fans hate it. I do think it was portrayed a bit heavy handed but at the end of the day it is just a movie. Of course it is a franchise that occupies my life ...lol... but it is what it is.

The Last Jedi was not a great movie, but the way they portrayed Luke in The Mandalorian was quite minimalist, and it allows you to either say "This is what we should have seen in the sequels" or "This just makes the sequels better!" because you can read into it however you like. There were parts of the sequels I enjoyed. The way they wrote Luke was not one of them. Mark Hamill did amazing for his part though. I doubt very seriously that Grogu is going to be staying with Luke. I predict that he will be back with Din by the end of the third season, by which time I expect Din is going to have a new ship as well. We'll see. I am going to miss the razor crest though. That was a cool ship.

Poor Grogu looked just so worn out when Din put him down before Luke arrived.

Really annoying to read all the posts with what "WE" need to believe or what "WE" need to think of this or that or " how it blows peoples minds that other people have their own opinions "......Yikes.....
If something makes you happy in the star wars universe that is awesome, that is what it's all about. Feeling the need to justify that through others eyes or expecting them to share your opinions is too much.......

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back