The Mandalorian (TV series)

I'm pretty sure that's Fett's armor, but that's not Boba Fett. I won't go into any more detail, even though it's been discussed here in the thread, for 2 reasons-

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't know or doesn't want to know, & I don't feel like being 'high-roaded' because it's a character from a book/'cartoon'/radio drama/podcast/opera/hillbilly hootenanny, etc, that someone wasn't interested in, so therefore the character is offensive to them in it's existence.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that's Fett's armor, but that's not Boba Fett. I won't go into any more detail, even though it's been discussed here in the thread, for 2 reasons-

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't or doesn't want to know, & I don't feel like being 'high-roaded' because it's a character from a book/'cartoon'/radio drama/podcast/opera/hillbilly hootenanny, etc, that someone wasn't interested in, so therefore the character is offensive to them in it's existence.:rolleyes:
Well said.

I don't think anyone would be offended so much as annoyed at the constant reference to known places and characters. It only narrows the scope of the universe and shows a lack of imagination in my opinion. If Star Wars is truly as limitless as people believe then it has to evolve or it will die.

Now does that mean that known characters can't work in this story? No not at all. It could easily work if written well, but it runs the risk of limiting the story possibilities if there is a lot of lore built around said character because then there are certain fan expectations just by their appearance alone. Which is why having created a story that has little to do with the major conflicts in this galaxy worked in the first season.

Great. Tell me everything you know about Yugoslavia... GO!

I'm guessing like any average person you honestly can't tell me much. Why? Because it wasn't a part of your life. You did not live there, you did not know people who did. It had no impact on your life. Yes, you knew at one time it was a country and maybe some other odd facts but you can not speak at length without doing some research.

Now... imagine that a powerful person spent the last 30 years wiping out all the info about Yugoslavia and you could not find any true info about it. In fact, not only has the real info been deleted from the web and documents around the world but had that info has been replaced with incorrect information that was all deceptive and intentional meant to mislead. Additionally, people who did remember were killed off or so scared into silence as to never reveal any real info about the defunct country ever again.

See, you watched all these Star Wars movies and TV shows so you know the Jedi. So yes, you know about them but the average lifeforms in the galaxy never met a jedi nor did they have any real direct impact on their life. Anything they ever heard were stories. And then the next 30 years they were then told that not only what they heard was wrong but they were also corrupt and were not the great and powerful people they tried to pretend to be.

Was Yugoslavia actually comparable to a real life super hero with super powers? The biggest contribution made to the world culture in the 80's was probably the Yugo. What is there from then to remember about Yugoslavia that would be on par?

You're talking an organization that was around for 1000 years +. It was ingrained into the consciousness of the galaxy enough that a 6 year old on a back water planet with little access the news of the day recognized one by seeing a lightsaber on his belt. They were clearly a group everyone knew about.

There's a vast difference between not seeing one in 30 years and not recognizing they ever existed.

And, for the record, Yugoslavia ceased to exist just shy of 30 years ago. However, i'd wager everyone reading this thread knew it was a country in eastern europe that no longer exists. Now, sure, no one was trying remove all traces of Yugoslavia from existence, but had they done so, none of us would have forgotten it existed at all. And that's a place that holds little significance to most of us short of having family/friends there.

I am super stoked for the new season. And find no value in speculating what's to come based on a trailer. I think they're a little too savvy to be blatant about what we see vs what the reality will be.

SOOO Excited!

Though my only nitpick, is that stupid bassoon like instrument (that I don't even care to look up) sound. It just makes me want to throw up when I hear it. Just a nitpick though. ;)

6 year old on a back water planet with little access the news of the day recognized one by seeing a lightsaber on his belt.

More like ten years old

Your sort of proving my point because he also said no one could kill a Jedi which means that even in the the time that Jedi were in existence, they were mainly known via story and legend, not actual facts or first hand knowledge. So in their absence, new propaganda could over take the old ideas.

I don't think anyone would be offended so much as annoyed at the constant reference to known places and characters. It only narrows the scope of the universe and shows a lack of imagination in my opinion. If Star Wars is truly as limitless as people believe then it has to evolve or it will die.

Now does that mean that known characters can't work in this story? No not at all. It could easily work if written well, but it runs the risk of limiting the story possibilities if there is a lot of lore built around said character because then there are certain fan expectations just by their appearance alone. Which is why having created a story that has little to do with the major conflicts in this galaxy worked in the first season.
I totally get what you're saying, & I agree to a point. Star Wars has evolved with shows like this one, TCW & REBELS, but there are folks that don't like that evolution. If it's not some form of 'movies only', 'OT only', ' anything other than the ST only', etc, then it's not SW.

I'm of the idea that saying you're a SW fan doesn't mean the same thing to two different people... To one it means they liked that first movie in '77, to others it means they liked the movies, others liked everything before the sale, & then some like anything with the SW brand. To me, I'll give anything SW a chance, but like an old professor of mine used to say, I take the meat & throw out the bones.

More like ten years old

Your sort of proving my point because he also said no one could kill a Jedi which means that even in the the time that Jedi were in existence, they were mainly known via story and legend, not actual facts or first hand knowledge. So in their absence, new propaganda could over take the old ideas.

Doesn't make it more easily forgotten in total. Captain Kangaroo hasn't been on in over 30 years and barely mentioned, and i remember that. Anakin's 'legend' would be akin to today's (or yesterdays or yesteryears) comic books. That stuff isn't forgotten. Hell, the ET video game never got released, but it's still a prevalent 'legend' today that the company did in fact try to stamp out of existence.

A little kid knows and has heard the stories. Plenty of people around the galaxy knew jedi and interacted with them. The few billion people on coruscant alone knew they existed. They had a huge temple and they lived there.

Funny thing, too, the more people try and eradicate something, the more often it keeps its foothold.

So, I'm hearing that there could be problems with Pedro. I can't find the report right now, but evidently it was stated by Favreau earlier in the year, that midway through the season some stories would move away from the Mandalorian himself. I personally hadn't heard that until today.

Reports now are that, although Pascal was aware of the premise of not removing the helmet when he was hired, he began lobbying to have more screen time showing his face. The creative powers that be, evidently Favreau, refused. Pascal then went over their heads to LucasFilm execs. When Pedro showed up for work to the set, he was sent home as a sign of solidarity with the execs & creative team. That's supposedly the reason.

Two things don't add up to me about this...

One, from all the BTS stuff we've seen, I don't believe he was in that suit for any amount of time. It was either the movement guy or the stunt guy, & although I have nothing against him, his voice to me isn't so iconic that it couldn't be replicated by a talented voice actor. Heck, just have him suffer a throat injury that slightly changes his tone.

Two, the show suffered no delays, even with the pandemic, so IDK if script wise, they could've changed the focus & direction of the show in mid season & still got here on time.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what plays out.

Doesn't make it more easily forgotten in total. Captain Kangaroo hasn't been on in over 30 years and barely mentioned, and i remember that. Anakin's 'legend' would be akin to today's (or yesterdays or yesteryears) comic books. That stuff isn't forgotten. Hell, the ET video game never got released, but it's still a prevalent 'legend' today that the company did in fact try to stamp out of existence.

A little kid knows and has heard the stories. Plenty of people around the galaxy knew jedi and interacted with them. The few billion people on coruscant alone knew they existed. They had a huge temple and they lived there.

Funny thing, too, the more people try and eradicate something, the more often it keeps its foothold.

You are still just proving my point because those are shows you watched and events that have been reported with factual information over and over again since it happened.

Last edited:
Based on the her appearance in the trailer and the narration at that time, it seems as if we are to believe she has something to do with the Jedi.
I'd love if she's an Inquisitor who's out of work after the Empire fell. I thought she looked a little like Barris Offee.

Here is a color corrected/brightened view of that shot. It's not Moff Gideon, in fact it looks like Din's costume. ...Din's costume was simply used as a Stand In for another character, possibly Boba based on the Spur sound, but it could also be another character we'll see when they return to Tatooine in Season 2.
I'm hoping for live-action Cad Bane and/or Hondo.

I don't feel like being 'high-roaded' because it's a character from a book/'cartoon'/radio drama/podcast/opera/hillbilly hootenanny, etc, that someone wasn't interested in, so therefore the character is offensive to them in it's existence.:rolleyes:
It's Jaxxon, isn't it.

Last edited:

Okay, Captain Kangaroo brings up a good point. You had Captain Kangaroo. Where I grew up, we had Wallace and Ladmo. Where my husband grew up, they had JP Patches. I'm only VAGUELY aware of what Captain Kangaroo was and I could tell you fuckall about it, but you probably have very fond memories of it.

Most of the OT is spent in the outer rim where they didn't have much contact with Jedi. Leia, who grew up in the Core knew what Jedi were and that they weren't just a myth.

Leia, who grew up in the Core knew what Jedi were and that they weren't just a myth.

But Leia had a unique perspective that the average citizen did not. Her father knew and was extremely close with the Jedi (as I stated, the average person in the galaxy probably never met one or had any direct impact on their lives). Her father being someone who was I the middle of Palpatine's take over knew the truth. On top of that, he and Leia were Rebellion Leaders who knew truth but also stayed under the radar so they were not being openly vocal about what they really knew when it came to interacting with non rebellion forces. Bail could tell Leia that all the lies and misinformation she was hearing was false. The average citizen did not have this type of information and people probably got in a lot of trouble (punishment or death) if they said anything that went against the lies of the Empire.

We are not talking about Atari burying a bunch of unsold games. Imagine Governments and armed forces like North Korea and China at a galactic scale but without anyone as their equal in force to oppose them.

I mean, I don’t mean to throw my hat in the ring, but Tiananmen Square? That’s an event on a similar real-world scale to the Jedi purge. I can reasonably assume that a massive, totalitarian government could suppress and distort information. (I don’t mean to equate these two things beyond the bare example, though; Star Wars lore pales in importance compared to real-world tragedies.)

I guess you could draw reverse parallels to the image of King Richard in Robin Hood tales. He wasn’t a particularly well-liked ruler (from Wikipedia, “Ralph of Coggeshall, summarising Richard's career, deplores that the King was one of ‘the immense cohort of sinners’.”) during his own life, but tales of Robin Hood always portray him as good and kind-hearted, with such tales appearing only decades after his death.

I won’t make excuses for bad storytelling, but I also won’t say it’s inconceivable that the image of the Jedi was warped and destroyed in twenty or thirty years. Also, if Mandalore went through “purges” as well, that could mean a loss of oral history due to older members being killed off.

I think it may be that people just didn't feel safe enough, or feel they had the freedom to speak of the Jedi. They were supposedly wiped out, so they weren't coming back, so there was no reason to teach their kids or anything. Plus, what if they said something at home, then a kid of theirs mentioned it at school, that gets reported & you've got an officer & a couple of troopers at your door to ask a few questions.

I don’t mean to throw my hat in the ring, but Tiananmen Square

Not the same because until the plug was pulled, other countries were already broadcasting the events and China can’t control other countries media of existing events unlike the fictional Star Wars situation where you have one encompassing power controlling, erasing, and retelling history without other opposing empire to circumvent it.

You can’t use things like Captain Kangaroo as an example because since the time of his last show, there has not been a powerful empire working against him spreading lies. So yes, he might be remembered but over the last few decacades, if such a thing were to happen, the world would not think well of him. People would say, I used to watch the show because he seemed like a nice guy but now we all know he ate babies and cut the tails off cats. And if all the media and records were controlled by a corrupt empire, the only people that might not believe this because they actually knew him would be killed or imprisoned, or threatened into silence.

By the way... very sorry as I seem to have taken this off topic.

err..

Yay Mandalorian!!!

Last edited:
Not the same because until the plug was pulled, other countries were already broadcasting the events and China can’t control other countries media of existing events unlike the fictional Star Wars situation where you have one encompassing power controlling, erasing, and retelling history without other opposing empire to circumvent it.

You can’t use things like Captain Kangaroo as an example because since the time of his last show, there has not been a powerful empire working against him spreading lies. So yes, he might be remembered but over the last few decacades, if such a thing were to happen, the world would not think well of him. People would say, I used to watch the show because he seemed like a nice guy but now we all know he ate babies and cut the tails off cats. And if all the media and records were controlled by a corrupt empire, the only people that might not believe this because they actually knew him would be killed or imprisoned, or threatened into science.

By the way... very sorry as I seem to have taken this off topic.

err..

Yay Mandalorian!!!
I meant only taken within the context of China’s reach. Of course the Empire couldn’t do anything outside of the Empire.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back