The Mandalorian (TV series)

That could be, but then why would the Armourer stay behind to melt down all the armour if it was simply durasteel?
So mandalorian armors don't end up in not-mandalorian hands. I don't know really, I'm just guessing from the fact that beskar seems to be hard to come by and mando has his beskar unpainted. I just assumed you don't paint berskar but it could be anything really. Maybe IG-11 is made of beskar too, that's why he can withstand so many blasts... Or maybe it's some sort of special metal alloy that's not beskar but almost as resistant. There's many ways to retcon this and other plotholes really, maybe that's one of the reasons we love this show so much. The main central plot holds so well so far, these minor details become not unimportant, but even interesting to discuss and speculate upon while waiting for season 2 :)

Sabine's armor is beskar, five hundred year old family heirloom. She reforged it to fit her (and her fashion sense) and painted it once a year.

Not sure about Pre Vizsla and/or his Death Watch or the Nite-Owls. But those who had access to it woulda used it, and that was before the Empire.

So mandalorian armors don't end up in not-mandalorian hands. I don't know really, I'm just guessing from the fact that beskar seems to be hard to come by and mando has his beskar unpainted. I just assumed you don't paint berskar but it could be anything really. Maybe IG-11 is made of beskar too, that's why he can withstand so many blasts... Or maybe it's some sort of special metal alloy that's not beskar but almost as resistant. There's many ways to retcon this and other plotholes really, maybe that's one of the reasons we love this show so much. The main central plot holds so well so far, these minor details become not unimportant, but even interesting to discuss and speculate upon while waiting for season 2 :)

I don't know that you can call them plot holes either. This is like chapter 1 of a book. Seems as if the ultimate ending is to get baby Yoda back to his people (yoda-lings? or Jedi? who knows) AND to restore Mandalore to Mandorian rule (hence the DarkSaber - which was @#%$ing awesome!) :)

So, with it being chapter 1, you have to start laying the foundation for what is to come to be able to tie back in to.

I don't know if this relates at all to the live action series GL had laid out where they said they had scripts for like 100 episodes or something like that (i forget the number). I'm sure part of the original planning was a much larger overall story/concept. So, you gotta lay the ground work and you're not answering everything in season 1.

Sad all the mando's dropped their armor to get out of dodge, but hopefully they set up somewhere and make new armor.

I must admit my first viewing of that was when she said they 'revealed' themselves, as she picked up one of the helmets, I took it she meant they removed their armour and left it there in order to escape the planet unrecognized. After replaying that bit she clearly means they revealed their presence to fight the Imperials on the streets, to make a last stand, and she hoped some may have made it off world. I take it she recovered the armour from the dead sometime in the aftermath and piled it there herself to meltdown for covert transport off world to a new hideout.

I am so Star Wars' Bitch. I accepted it a long time ago.

Even though I was very disappointed with last weeks episode and will never see ROS I just watched the final Mando episode and holy crap it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I am still mad and sad they killed off who they did. Both were awesome and I wanted both to live but this was an awesome episode.

The first few minutes with the Biker Scouts was some of the best Star Wars I have seen since 1983.

Really looking forward to season two.

Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in.

I must admit my first viewing of that was when she said they 'revealed' themselves, as she picked up one of the helmets, I took it she meant they removed their armour and left it there in order to escape the planet unrecognized. After replaying that bit she clearly means they revealed their presence to fight the Imperials on the streets, to make a last stand, and she hoped some may have made it off world. I take it she recovered the armour from the dead sometime in the aftermath and piled it there herself to meltdown for covert transport off world to a new hideout.

This is exactly what I thought the first and then second time I watched it. Glad I'm not the only one that was a bit confused.

Been mulling this over, very minor and doesn't affect my love for the Mandalorian at all! I find it a little odd that Din (the lead character) was rescued by The Deathwatch as a boy during what looks like the Clone Wars era, at the height of the Jedi's power when they were literally generals of the Republic Army and known far and wide. Seems a bit odd that Din or no one knows what Jedi are, just ~29 years later. I know they got wiped out and the Empire tried to erase everything but surely people would've have heard tales of their exploits? Surely Cara, a shock trooper would know who they are? Just seemed a bit odd to me that know one knows, and they are just sorcerers, maybe I'm missing something or over thinking it?

Kanan tells Ezra that at the height of their numbers before the fall that the Jedi were about 10,000 strong. That’s not a lot in a galaxy of billions and when he’s a child being raised by people who probably don’t think very highly of them as a group.

that’s not to say I disagree with you, it’s always been weird how quickly people forgot the Jedi once the prequels were a thing.

Kanan tells Ezra that at the height of their numbers before the fall that the Jedi were about 10,000 strong. That’s not a lot in a galaxy of billions and when he’s a child being raised by people who probably don’t think very highly of them as a group.

that’s not to say I disagree with you, it’s always been weird how quickly people forgot the Jedi once the prequels were a thing.

Yeah that was my thinking too, but even at 10,000 strong in the CW and even in PT everywhere they go the Jedi are recognized, via Holonets, their position as General, then later their attempted assassination of Palp watch I'm sure was covered extensively everywhere in the Empire. Watto name drops the name Jedi, and Jabba also in ROTJ. Sabine in CW even name drops Tarre Vizsla the famous Jedi/Mandalorian so there is a history there too. I guess I'll just accept that this clan Din is in is very rogue/secluded then other Mandalorian coverts, given Din's refusal to take his helmet off, something we never saw in CW or Rebels.

I think his sect is also the only one we’ve seen post whatever the “Purge” is. If they needed to keep their identities obscured in case they were forced to abandon their armor and hide amongst the populace it would make sense.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back