The Mandalorian (TV series)

His eyes change from trilogy to trilogy. Hell, these forums are full of people picking apart the differences between a stunt saber and a hero saber, where Han Solo’s DL-44 changes like six times in the original trilogy. What difference does having bigger irises make?

If you wanna get that picky, he was in an enclosed container (for lack of a better word), which would have put him in the dark inside it (i saw no lights) - in which case his eyes would be fully dilated (large) at that point as well.

Possible. I did some work internet searching.

The clone army was started in 32 BBY
The clone wars starts in 22 BBY
The clone wars ended in 19 BBY
Second Death Star destroyed in 4 ABY

So 36 years between when the sith got the clone army cooking, and the approximate death throws of the empire.

So The Mandalorian would have to be set at least 14 years after the second death star for it to be a 50 year old Yoda clone. Potentially longer, if the Yoda clone wasn't the first order of business for the cloners. Which is feasible. The expanded universe always showed the empire lasting well beyond the destruction of the second death Star, in some relatively large form or another. Who is to say the new cinematic timeline doesn't have them keep trudging on for another decade until they finally officially lose?

Well that implication would mean no cloning existed in the star wars universe at all prior to the 32BBY mark. Which, isn't anything that can be set in stone because the galaxy is a big place.

Well that implication would mean no cloning existed in the star wars universe at all prior to the 32BBY mark. Which, isn't anything that can be set in stone because the galaxy is a big place.
Actually, it can be set in stone that cloning was happening before then. The Kaminoans talk about the GAR as "the finest army we have ever made". Dex told Obi-Wan that the Kaminoans are cloners. To have a planetary reputation for that when you're not exactly on the main trade routes, and given the scale of their operation and the prime minister's remarks, they've been at this for longer than a few decades.

I'm going with the "it's just a baby and someone wants to get their hands on it for less-than-ethical purposes" line of reasoning.

For all those saying that the pilot should have been longer, don’t you think you’d rather be left wanting more than thinking it dragged on or overstayed its welcome?
It's not that I wanted it to be feature length. It's just as I said I think like 2 maybe 3 extra minutes for a like 2 key scenes to help start filling in a few gaps would have been good. I don't think that would have made me like it any less. Just give some juxtaposition for being interested in future episodes.

For all those saying that the pilot should have been longer, don’t you think you’d rather be left wanting more than thinking it dragged on or overstayed its welcome?

Well, it doesn’t have to be a binary choice, does it?

Sure, I don’t want a bloated, overstuffed pilot with too much boring exposition. I just felt the episode went too far the other way - like, once Mando got the job from The Client, the episode was just rushing to get to that baby reveal.

A real problem with the classic film 'Forbidden Planet'- they used a theremin (one of the original weird electronic musical instruments) for both music and sound effects

There are no Theramins used in Forbidden Planet but your point about electronic music and sound effects still stands. Far from being a problem, though, I think it works wonderfully in the movie.

Enjoyed the premier episode.
Now the question is - to watch as they are released, or wait New Years and binge watch them all?

I guess it depends on how spoiler-sensitive you are. You’ll have to tread carefully if you want to binge the remaining eps “cold” seven weeks from now.

There are no Theramins used in Forbidden Planet but your point about electronic music and sound effects still stands. Far from being a problem, though, I think it works wonderfully in the movie.
You're right-

My only problem with that film is that I cannot tell if the sound I am hearing is coming a piece of equipment being used in the scene or is it from the soundtrack that only we can hear as viewers.

I am about to subscribe to Disney+. I currently do not have Hulu, is it better to get the bundle? I do want to see The Orville when it starts back up, but I am seeing that the bundle Hulu ad-supported. I'm assuming that means commercials. I'd rather not have that. However I am noticing that on the Roku channel, the commercials are only 30 seconds or so, not the standard 4 or 5 minutes like broadcast tv. Are Hulu commercials short like that?

Is it better to just get Hulu on it's own and Disney on it's own?

I've noticed that VuDu has the first two seasons of The Orville (which I already own). Does anyone know if Hulu originals end up on Vudu after the season is over? I really don't want to subscribe to Hulu just for one show. And I don't give a crap about ESPN.

If I just get Disney+ do you have the option to add Hulu later?

One last question, are most of you doing a monthly subscription or going for the yearly? It seems cheaper.

So, I had ad free Hulu and then got Disney+. Here's how it works.
You select the bundle, use the same email you used to sign up for Hulu, and when the bill hits you get an account credit for the value of Hulu with ads ($6ish). So you can still do Hulu ad free, you just have to manage it separately from Disney+ at first.

I thought the music for the Blurgg-run was almost straight out of a Rocky movie. Kind of a weird choice, but it didn't bother me too much.

That's as good a guess as any. I just took her as some generic female human bounty, and didn't think twice about it as being any kind of Easter egg.

I guess it kinda looks like it could be KK.
I think its more of an Easter egg in the face of KK. Its symbolic of her current position at LucasFilm and maybe Iger has a sense of humor after all. This was obviously meant to be the Bobba Fett movie and Iger is all about movies. Just my opinion.

Okay so hear me out, I keep wondering if the Mando everyone keeps thinking or hoping is Boba, what if it's a reference/Easter Egg to Jodo Kast? The helmet seemed to have a very similar orange trim to it. I know he wasn't a Mando in the classic EU but none of that matters now anyways.

The cg on a couple shots of the Blurgg were surprisingly prequel-esque bad. Not sure how that happened.

Okay so hear me out, I keep wondering if the Mando everyone keeps thinking or hoping is Boba, what if it's a reference/Easter Egg to Jodo Kast? The helmet seemed to have a very similar orange trim to it. I know he wasn't a Mando in the classic EU but none of that matters now anyways.

Or Jaster Mereel ;)

Did anyone catch that line by the blacksmith about "Has your signet been revealed yet?" Would that mean like his symbol? the symbol on his armor like Fett has?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back