The Mandalorian (TV series)

Episode 2's runtime is a whopping 32 minutes!!View attachment 1083987

Wow....with that running-time this show is closer to a sitcom from the 80’s and 90’s than a drama. I guess episode 1 was a special extended episode?

I can see it now...

NBC’s ‘Must See Thursday’s’ continues with the hilarious comedy of the most mismatched duo since the odd couple. Mondo & Man-Dog-Pig-Man star in...”

Two Men And A Yoda Baby

4243A0B7-CB73-47FA-8451-A513E2E124BC.jpeg

Hoping for quality over quantity, I guess.

Last edited:
Just watched both episodes. Can't really say anything that hasn't already been said except one detail I noticed that I liked. The speeders actually bounce again reacting to weight being put into or taken out of them. I like that! For me that has been sorely missed since Luke's landspeeder. Rey's speeder really bugged me that it sat rock solid in the air. Even the speeder bikes in ROTJ didn't do it.

On a second note, I've been scrolling through the menu of +. Honestly, I can't say there is much there that I like that I don't already own. Guess I'm just sticking around for this and the new Marvel shows.

Both of us really enjoyed the second episode. It's starting to feel sort of "Lone Wolf and Cub"ish to me, which is not a bad thing at all. I like that we're getting a smaller, more intimate type story in the Star Wars universe, such as we may have gotten in the EU books. It gives new flavor and texture to the SWU that was lacking when everything was centered around the grandiose story that tends to be showcased in the movies.

I also like that it puts a spotlight on the fact that when you don't abuse the "lesser" races of the universe, your chances of succeeding in what you're doing go up, and that not every problem is solved with a disintegration... even when you reeeeeeeeeeally wish it could be.

These two episodes have done more to revive my husband's love of Star Wars than I could have hoped for. Listening to him cackle with glee as he watched the episode before he went to work today made me a very happy woman.

Really liked the second episode, never thought we'd see something like that!

One thing though..

Unfortunatly this seems to be going into the same direction as every other StarWars thing now... it has to have someone who's Force Sensitive, and somehow connect to the Skywalker saga. I was hoping this would finally be the contained, separate story a lot of people have wanted for a long time, but here we are with a force using Yoda baby.

Really liked the second episode, never thought we'd see something like that!

One thing though..

Unfortunatly this seems to be going into the same direction as every other StarWars thing now... it has to have someone who's Force Sensitive, and somehow connect to the Skywalker saga. I was hoping this would finally be the contained, separate story a lot of people have wanted for a long time, but here we are with a force using Yoda baby.

There's zero evidence that this is related to the main "skywalker" storyline in anything but the most tangential way. Calm down, wait and see.

Just saw episode 2, LOVED it. 11/10.
I love how the Mando isn't totally badass. I love that he's vulnerable. It puts him much more at risk every encounter he gets into. Music is not what I'd expect, but it's growing on me.
Bravo Disney, you have hit this one out of the park so far.

After this latest episode, I'm getting a great Samurai Jack vibe from a storytelling standpoint. Jack was an absolute BA, but he still had struggles along the way. His legend grew more from the embellished stories others told about him, rather than the facts of the story.

I also like, & this may change, that we find things out just as the Mandalorian does. We're not seeing others plotting against him, we didn't see the Trandosians lying in wait, etc. We get an uneasy vibe when he does. I love that, & I hope I can articulate this properly, this is HIS story, just set in the SW Universe, as opposed to a SW story that he just happens the be a character in.

Does that make sense?:unsure:

Just saw episode 2, LOVED it. 11/10.
I love how the Mando isn't totally badass. I love that he's vulnerable. It puts him much more at risk every encounter he gets into. Music is not what I'd expect, but it's growing on me.
Bravo Disney, you have hit this one out of the park so far.
Exactly, if he was 100% badass there's no room to grow (Rey?), I love how he's very proficient but still has room to grow and adapt and learn new things as a bounty hunter.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back