The Mandalorian (TV series)

4B37FFA0-5150-4D36-B26B-834031F4E609.jpeg

J

For reals though. They are making George's dream come true. This is what George wanted to do. They tried to do with Star Wars Underworld. But the tech wasn't there yet. His other "plan" for Sequels took place a few years after ROTJ. I bet he was dreaming of de-aging the original cast, with CGI for the entire trilogy. This is just so George. Pushing that tech to max.

It'd be neat to watch this scene undigitized.
I bet he was dreaming of de-aging the original cast, with CGI for the entire trilogy. This is just so George. Pushing that tech to max.
I think you're right. I could see that from him.

I hope this episode also explains the weird metal prongs that suddenly appear on R2's shoulders... ever since I noticed it, I can't unsee them.

There is a lot of discussion on the hilt/saber in another thread. So in order to not to muddle that thread I am posting here.
Favreau spent a lot of time telling us how awesome deepfake looks , but ultimately did not use it , and then lectured us on ethics and future ramifications of the technology. I thought that was an odd tangent to spend 10 minutes on.
Everything else was phenomenal, but no explanation on the R2 prongs....

There is a lot of discussion on the hilt/saber in another thread. So in order to not to muddle that thread I am posting here.
Favreau spent a lot of time telling us how awesome deepfake looks , but ultimately did not use it , and then lectured us on ethics and future ramifications of the technology. I thought that was an odd tangent to spend 10 minutes on.
Everything else was phenomenal, but no explanation on the R2 prongs....
Also why the green Artoo?

i too agree with the green r2 now being a decoy

at first i thought they cgi'ed the blue over him, because there was a green one in the back ground in the last documentary with the table full of props..

but then the ep7 r2 rolled in

when they started talking about the Plo Soon disguise, i too imagine the green r2 was to mislead staff..

they tried to keep it a big secret, but here's lukes look alike in the hallway with the entire production for the mandalorian while they are shooting the mando gideon fight..

doesn't make sense to me

The stuff with Hamill and the TFA R2 was filmed separately and much earlier, so they had to keep that absolutely secret. The green R2 (which was most likely a repurposed droid) was to throw the rest of the cast and crew off the scent until the actual filming, when it would have been obvious it wasn’t Plo Koon.

It doesn’t appear that they used any of the footage of Hamill and the TFA R2 in the episode. I was very surprised to learn Luke’s voice was completely computer generated though.

There is speculation that this droid who showed up in an earlier episode is the green R2 because of the strange shoulder details.

186BF268-99B3-465D-B2B1-B4789253978C.jpeg

The stuff with Hamill and the TFA R2 was filmed separately and much earlier, so they had to keep that absolutely secret. The green R2 (which was most likely a repurposed droid) was to throw the rest of the cast and crew off the scent until the actual filming, when it would have been obvious it wasn’t Plo Koon.

It doesn’t appear that they used any of the footage of Hamill and the TFA R2 in the episode. I was very surprised to learn Luke’s voice was completely computer generated though.

There is speculation that this droid who showed up in an earlier episode is the green R2 because of the strange shoulder details.

View attachment 1488627
Completely agree with the droid

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back