The Mandalorian (TV series)

View attachment 1488651
Will NOT be able to rest until this is confirmed to be in my cart & pre-ordered.

They went through a lot of trouble for this Luke appearance, but I still stand by the thought that a lightly de-aged Hamill with the bearded Luke look akin to TLJ flashbacks would have won more hearts. For gods sake let the man speak as the character too!
I realize Mark is 30 years too old for Luke in this era, but why have him if it’s not HIM.

I would have no problem with the stand in actor they used for luke to play luke with no cgi

I think he fits rather well
I was thinking the same thing in those screenshots posted of the BTS. He’s not Hamill but he wasn’t a bad stand-in and he wasn’t a CGI nightmare. The voice always stood out to me and I’m not surprised to hear it was computer-generated as well.

mando.jpg

I think they had Mark there to do the scene so the stand in could try to mimic Mark's acting style and movements. Probably also for lighting purposes--how the light falls on Mark's face ect.

I wonder how effective the voice software would be on a character like Vader. James Earl Jones is great but his voice in Rogue One sounds nothing like his ANH voice and I found it kind of jarring.

I think they had Mark there to do the scene so the stand in could try to mimic Mark's acting style and movements. Probably also for lighting purposes--how the light falls on Mark's face ect.
100% correct, Hamill was there so the new actor could try and mimic his every move

I forgot the term they used.. my source waaaay back said he saw Hamill on set training his younger self

but there is a term production would use.. not “training” not influencing” it will come to me..

I do how ever love Hamill’s entrance where he walks in like his boots weigh 50lbs a piece lol

I wonder how effective the voice software would be on a character like Vader. James Earl Jones is great but his voice in Rogue One sounds nothing like his ANH voice and I found it kind of jarring.
It's probably a result of JEJ's age and/or whatever post work they did on his voice couldn't be replicated exactly with modern techniques. The Cylon voice effect from the original BSG was a result of the multiple analogue techniques used and is something that can't be accurately duplicated digitally.

Oh man they almost nailed it. Would've been a must have for me, but that helmet on Mando is awful.

That looks cool. I don’t know if it’s cool enough for me to drop $100 on it or not!
My kids got me the Jango & Boba for Christmas a couple years ago. I haven't really been able to find the episode 1 version of Mando, but I'll probably pre-order this one so I don't miss out.

Yeah I don't get these statues done in a different style (other than the animated statues). If you like them great, but I don't need to blow that much money on a samurai version of a SW character.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back