The definitive Iron Man Mark III **CHEST AND BACK pg 4**

wow amazing :O were did you guys get this printed ? because here in the netherlands you cant get 3d printings in such detail and size.
and how much did it cost you to do so ? because i'd love to do the same as you guys did :D

hahaha no way :D
sweet thx for the headsup :D i didnt even know about them, all i knew was fablab (and its ****ty to say the least)
how much did it actually run for like the helmet and the neck? (without the shipping)

hahaha no way :D
sweet thx for the headsup :D i didnt even know about them, all i knew was fablab (and its ****ty to say the least)
how much did it actually run for like the helmet and the neck? (without the shipping)

More than you'd care to imagine or I'd care to admit. :lol The problem is the print itself can't really be worn so we also need to invest in silicone, a couple molds, not to mention the tremendous man hours (file prep, finish work, mold prep) just to get a casting to paint.

Wow, how did I miss this thread? Stunning find and work as alwyas lads. Now that really is 'the' helmet of Iron Man helmets and the rest to boot. Just had to subscribe to this thread. Amazing work to all involved.

The problem is the print itself can't really be worn

Wait... So after you've created the models and sent them to be printed, those 3D prints then need to be cast and re-produced in a more suitable mateial in order to be a suit that can be worn?

That sounds like a heck of a lot of hard work and dedication!

I imagine it's gonna be one awesome looking suit when finished

Wait... So after you've created the models and sent them to be printed, those 3D prints then need to be cast and re-produced in a more suitable mateial in order to be a suit that can be worn?

Correct. And the models were not created by us per se but rigor has a TONNE of work into modifying them to be better suited for our use.

And there's quite a few hours wrapped up in prepping the files ready for printing. I think I started in Sep/Oct and should be done with the model in March/April.

I mentioned you, Ron. You're under "file prep." ;) :lol Needless to say that without you this would never be happening. (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

My bad. I missed that comment. Due to my non-fun workload right now I'm only catching a portion of emails on thread updates.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back