Limited Run Steel/aluminium museum like helmet stands + DL44 "invisible" steel stands

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey there,

The raw steel Helmet stands and DL44 "invisible" stands are now available :)

Those are 4mm thick raw black steel base, 15cm by 15cm, oiled with a special steel oil. The rod is raw 9mm aluminium round stock, blackened and oiled, 31cm and 42cm long by default. 3, 6 and 12cm length extentions for 3, 3.5 and 4€ available as well.

here are some photos of the production stands:
Stand_01.jpg
Stand_02.jpg

Stand_03.jpg
Stand_04.jpg

Stand_05.jpg
Stand_06.jpg

here are a couple photos of different plates to get an ideal of the raw steel look:
Stand_07.jpg
Stand_08.jpg

With the default 31cm long rod, here is how some helmets look (stormtrooper has its yellow foam in place):
31cm_Boba.JPG
31cm_BoKatan.JPG

31cm_Mondo.JPG
31cm_Stormtrooper.JPG

Now, adding a 3cm extention to the base 31cm stand, you get this (stormtrooper has its yellow foam in place):
34cm_Boba.JPG
34cm_BoKatan.JPG

34cm_Stormtrooper.JPG

Here is a Vader helmet (quasimodo) with different possibilities (raw stands with extentions, no additional foam or other spacers):
34cm_DarthVader.JPG
37cm_DarthVader.JPG
42cm_DarthVader.JPG

Price for the 31cm stand: 48€
42cm stand: 50€
3cm, 6cm and 12cm extentions: 3€, 3.5€, 4€

the stands weight 0.79kg
Shipping
for 1 stand will be:
France: 9.9€
Europe: 19.95€
UK/rest of the worls: 23.5€ sorry, those are heavy!
Now, shipping two at the same time will be 26.2€ for UK and 28.7€ worldwide, so it is a better option already.

DL44 invisible steel stands:
DL44_stand_01.jpg
DL44_stand_02.jpg

IMG_20231108_170733.jpg
IMG_20231108_170757.jpg

IMG_20231108_170802.jpg
IMG_20231108_170814.jpg

IMG_20231108_170825.jpg
IMG_20231108_170916.jpg

- The stand weigths 1kg.
- As you can see, there is a black M3 screw to adjust the rest position of the blaster handle and overall balance of the blaster. The DL44 is very heavy on one side by design so this is necessary to avoid the blaster tilting.
- By design as well, the DL44 have a scope on their right side forcing the display side, so this stand is only working one way. Other blaster stands that might be produced later on will be reversible in design by just turning the holding brackets around, the main support will be centered on the plate. Here it is offseted on the left side of the plate.

other future blaster stands can be previewed here and interest can be posted on that thread to let me know I should go ahead with those :)

Price for 1 DL44 stand: 75€

Shipping
for 1 stand will be:
France: 11.5€
Europe: 22.6€
UK: 26.2€
World: 28.7€ sorry, those are 0.995kg, so the packing weight added means I have to ship them for 2kg. That means there is room in the package for around 0.8kg of other things, like a helmet stand for instance, see best shipping option list below for examples. I'm really sorry, I hate this but I have no choice here, it's just bad luck the weight is so close to 1kg.

You get 5% off for buying two stands of any kind (DL44 stand and mixes of stands as well) and this is the best worldwide shipping option for 28.7€ with the less than 3cm shipping option on my website.

best shipping options for outside Europe:

- 2 helmet stands: 28.7€ (+5% off the stands)
- 1 helmet stand + 1 DL44 stand: 28.7€ (+5% off the stands)
- 3 or 4 DL44 stands: 79.5€ (+5% off the stands) (with colissimo option)
- 5 helmet stands: 79.5€ (+5% off the stands) (with colissimo option)
- 1 DL44 stands and 4 helmet stands: 79.5€ (+5% off the stands) (with colissimo option)

If you buy 2 DL44 stands together, I'll have to ship them in 2 packages with 2 tracking numbers.
Similar situation for the helmet stands, they will ship by 2 per package. Unless you take 5 with the colissimo option for 79.5€
Feel free to contact me for help if needed :)

for those that know me, you know how this all works now, if you don't know me, you can find all details in the spoiler tag bellow to keep this thread clean :)
cheers all!

How/Where to buy when ready:

As usual, everything I sell can only be purchased on my website, supergreenprops.com:

Supergreen props - Handcrafted collectibles

I am obligated by the French law to edit an invoice for any money that goes into my bank account and the invoices have to be sequenced. The only way for me to handle that is through my website. It is easy for you, the website is fun and bilingual, it is perfectly secured and the payments completely handled by Paypal. You just need to register, enter your shipping address and the shipping costs will be calculated automatically. Make sure to enter your address as soon as you create your account as shipping costs are shown for France by default.

I know that some people might feel uncomfortable with a website, but please understand that I have no choice and that, even though there is a website, it’s still me, eethan/Matthieu, behind everything and you can reach out anytime for any question here or by mail contact@supergreenprops.com

I’ll always be happy to help or have a chat; really, you know I’m a friendly and talkative guy and love to talk about cool props, so, don’t hesitate!

Payment:

As explained above, I am obligated by the law to edit a sequenced invoice with all my sales, this goes exclusively through my website. The payments are completely handled by Paypal checkout, with buyer protection, and you can choose to pay directly with paypal, credit cards through Paypal (even if you don’t have a Paypal account), or even local payment options like iDeal, Sofort, Bancontact, Giropay, MyBank, P24, EPS... At no time will I have access to your payment information or bank details, never. When the order is paid, you’ll receive confirmations by mail for every step of the order and an invoice.

Shipping:

When you are logged in and have created an address, shipping costs are automatically calculated in your cart. There are two options, less than 3cm in thickness or more than 3cm. I encourage you to take the less than 3cm option when available as it is much cheaper and still tracked

All shipments are shipped with the French post service and tracked; you’ll receive the tracking number by mail when the package ships. It can be tracked directly on your local post website, usps, royal mail and so on. No need to use the French post website link included in the shipping notice mail if you are not in France. If you didn’t receive a tracking number, please check in your spam folder or don’t hesitate to contact me, it’s important to get it

Shipping time varies greatly and we all know it has been pretty unreliable lately, however, to give you an idea, it should usually take between 5 to 12 working days to get from France to the US, there can be some rare wild exceptions that I sadly can’t foresee, however, so far, I have never had a lost package, so fingers crossed, it continues that way!

Customs taxes:

All orders are shipped from France. If you are outside Europe, it is possible that your country collects customs taxes or fees, I can only let you know that this is a possibility and encourage you to know how your country deals with international packages and know if you have to pay taxes and how much they are. Please understand that this is out of my control.

Always eco-friendly whenever possible:

As I explain on my website, I try to be as eco-friendly as possible. I live and work in a farm in the south of France, I have all kind of animals around me and we try to respect nature as much as possible. We have a hedgehog in the garden and a lot of bees coming back lately, so hopefully things are taking a better turn!
This kind of work, let's be honest is not by definition eco-friendly since it's purely for our enjoyment and not something we all need to survive (or do we?). That being said, I do my best to always use recycled and recyclable shipping materials or even clean re-used materials sometimes. I also try to do as much as I can for the projects themselves.
By the way, the French post service that I’m using is 100% carbon neutral since 2012 that is only for France obviously, but that’s already something I guess

Last edited:
Looks nice. Hard to find tasteful and minimal helmet displays nowadays.

I'm interested. Not sure how many, though. Around 3-5.

Bumping this for interest. I'm going to make those for me and if there isn't more interest, I'll just make a bunch and call it done. would prefer to have a bit of interest for more accurate numbers.
Cheers

Bumping this for interest.

In the meantime, this is also happening:
DSC_0958.JPG

DSC_0960.JPG

the DL44 stand by design is just for this side. However, for other blasters, the stands are reversible, the support is centered on the base and the brackets just need to be turned around.
IMG_20221010_175553.jpg

here is an example with the Padme blasters seen from both sides:
DSC_0876.JPG

Those are designed by Wonderknight based on an idea I had for an "invisible" steel raw stand. We have wanted to bring those to the community for a long time but were basically stuck with the shipping costs as those were welded and heavy.
I have ordered laser cut parts today to try a new version held by a screw at the base that could be shipped for half the price!
the thing is, ordering 10 was just twice the cost as ordering one for a prototype, so... i ordered 10 and it will have to work!

those will be around 75€ per stand + shipping, and shipping will be comparable to what is announced for the helmet stands, but it won't be 35€ like it would have been for welded stands :)

after this is validated, we will open for other blasters, we have several already but will make more. those are made to measure for each blaster so they are a bit complicated :)
DSC_0871.JPG
DSC_0893.JPG

DSC_0954.JPG
DSC_0956.JPG

cheers all

Hey there,
Been working on the new DL44 steel stands today a bit :)
As explained, I am trying a new system compared to our early welded prototype to get stands that can disassemble and cheaper shipping costs.

Well, the new system works like a charm :) Since I am now using a screw instead of welding, we had to increase the support thickness from 4mm to 6mm to accomodate for a very strong 10.9 steel grade M4 screw. But at the same time, this allowed us to decrease the profil thickness of the support and refine its shape a little. And, I'm very happy with the new parts! the stands will be very sleek and invisible behind the blaster :)

there is a bit of work to be done on the parts still and I have to get to the steel guy in town, select a nice 4mm sheet and have it cut for the helmets and DL44 stands :)

IMG_20231016_161215.jpg

IMG_20231016_182009.jpg

IMG_20231016_182103.jpg

Successful trip to the metal merchant :) I chose a nice and clean 4mm steel plate and spent the better part of an hour chatting with the guy while helping him cut my 30 small pieces of steel for the stands, nice guy :)
Just need to clean all that up a bit now, order aluminium for the helmet stands rods as well, but things are moving forward nicelly for those :)
IMG_20231018_171432.jpg

I would like one of those black steel helmet stands. Looks like it would be perfect to mount my Tom Hardy Bane head cast on.

Hello there,
this is slowly getting ready, but it's taking a little bit of time testing all things little by little, ordering the last things needed...
I have received screws today for the height extensions and Wax and oil to treat and protect the steel.

I am testing this as well as blackening the aluminium rods at the moment.
difference is very subtle in photo, but left: raw, middle: oil, right: wax.
Those are scrap from the cutting opperations when doing the plates, don't pay attention to the edges/corners:
IMG_20231102_190423.jpg

Basically, the treatment doesn't make a lot of visual difference, although it gives a slightly cleaner and darker look. Wax and oil are pretty much similar but the oil is supposed to be a more robust and protective finish so I will probably go with it.
IMG_20231102_190537.jpg

I have changed the top support from raw 40mm aluminium to nicelly beveled and faced 50mm PVC. I discovered turning on PVC with this and really loved it. The result is very clean, PVC is durable and it allowed me to upgrade a little bit the look and size while going faster, so I consider this a plus :)
IMG_20231025_191638.jpg

cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back