Interest Ahsoka - The Map ball - several options (grouped project Wonderknight & eethan)

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there,

Wonderknight and I have been working on bringing a very accurate replica of the Map shown in the Ahsoka series, and we would like to offer several options for the builders and for the collectors :)

a WIP thread can be found here:

We started this project with Wonderknight's crazy endeavour to create a flat mapping of the complete map, which she pretty much succeeded doing:
map_mapping.jpg

On my side, I first created an exact 3D model of the megaminx using measurement of the on hand object as well as 3D matching photos to make sure everything was lining up. Then I started working on creating a very accurate 3D model of the added plates and engravings using a lot of references photos that I'm matching in 3D as I usually do :)
We are at about 74% of the model today and are close to finishing it. It takes time as there is a lot of details, the tiles are moving and we want to be really accurate for all the engravings.
here are some of the photos on the current progress on the engravings as I post this thread. I'll show more when they are ready for sale:

Edit: here are final pictures of a few of the perspective matches I did on the 3D model to ensure every-single-possible-detail was reproduced as best as humaly possible (2 months of work! argh! this was crazy, but I'm so happy with the result!)
comparison_01_logo.jpg

comparison_02_logo.jpg

comparison_03_logo.jpg

What we want to offer:

Interest request estimates:

Prices are estimated ranges, they will need to be fine tuned and are only to give an idea. We will try our best to stay in those ranges though. Shipping is additional, probably between 7.25€ and 12.25€ worldwide for the raw printed options, but probably more for the rest as we will want to carefully pack this and insure it.
option 1: 70-90€ - The 62 Raw resin printed tiles (black or transparent) with the printing support (for ease of sanding and painting as the parts are very small)
option 2: 85-120€ - Raw printed static ball kit, printed in 2 hollow halves in black or transparent resin, with magnets to attach.
option 3: 180-220€ - The 62 Fully painted and weathered resin printed tiles, ready to glue on your Megaminx or simple 8cm ball.
option 4: 180-220€ - Fully painted and weathered assembled ball (printed as 2 halves of a hollow ball (black resin), with the megaminx details present, secured together with magnets)
option 5: 225-300€ - Fully painted and weathered assembled ball with lighting. This will be printed as 2 halves as well, in transparent resin, and all engravings and holes will light up. Idealy controled by a remote control so this can all stay on a shelf and can be lit using the remote.

This is all subject to small adjustments as it is still a bit early in the project.

Releases:
edit 1 - 06/11/2023: Option 1 is released
(Raw resin printed tiles): final price is 85€ + shipping
shipping ended up over 100g, so it should show in your cart as 14.5€ worldwide. 2 kits can fit in that weight range and ship for the same price.
edit 2 - 24/01/2024: Option 2 is released (Raw printed static ball kit): final price is 110€ + shipping (14.5€ worldwide normally)

thank you for your support from Wonderknight and I. We are excited by this project, we don't normally do those very recent props and don't really like racing with other makers, but we liked the prop and want to offer very accurate versions to the fans :)

When this is ready, those will be available on Julie/Wonderknight's website: www.wonderknight.fr
For people that are already used to Julie's or my projects, you know how this works and what service to expect from us :)
For people that never ordered from us, I will put the usual fine prints in the spoiler tag below so it doesn't take too much space :)

How/Where to buy when the kits will be ready:

The kits will be put directly on Julie's website, www.wonderknight.fr

We are obligated by the French law to edit an invoice for any money that goes into out bank accounts and the invoices have to be sequenced. The only way for us to handle that is through the websites. It is easy for you, the websites are fun and bilingual, perfectly secured and the payments completely handled by Paypal. You just need to register, enter your shipping address and the shipping costs will be calculated automatically. Make sure to enter your address as soon as you create your account as shipping costs are shown for France by default.

I know that some people might feel uncomfortable with a website, but please understand that we have no choice and that, even though there is a website, it’s still us, eethan/Matthieu, Wonderknight/Julie behind everything and you can reach out anytime for any question here or by mail contact@supergreenprops.com ; julie@wonderknight.fr

Payment:

As explained above, we are obligated by the law to edit a sequenced invoice with all our sales, this goes exclusively through the website. The payments are completely handled by Paypal checkout, with buyer protection, and you can choose to pay directly with paypal, credit cards through Paypal (even if you don’t have a Paypal account), or even local payment options like iDeal, Sofort, Bancontact, Giropay, MyBank, P24, EPS... At no time will I have access to your payment information or bank details, never. When the order is paid, you’ll receive confirmations by mail for every step of the order and an invoice.

Shipping:

When you are logged in and have created an address, shipping costs are automatically calculated in your cart. There are two options, less than 3cm in thickness or more than 3cm. I encourage you to take the less than 3cm option when available as it is much cheaper and still tracked. In this case, the shrouds are around 5cm, but I think this option will still work and save you guys a bunch of $!

All shipments are shipped with the French post service and tracked; you’ll receive the tracking number by mail when the package ships. It can be tracked directly on your local post website, usps, royal mail and so on. No need to use the French post website link included in the shipping notice mail if you are not in France. If you didn’t receive a tracking number, please check in your spam folder or don’t hesitate to contact me, it’s important to get it

Shipping time varies greatly and we all know it has been pretty unreliable lately, however, to give you an idea, it should usually take between 5 to 12 working days to get from France to the US, there can be some rare wild exceptions that I sadly can’t foresee, however, so far, I have never had a lost package, so fingers crossed, it continues that way!

Customs taxes:

All orders are shipped from France. If you are outside Europe, it is possible that your country collects customs taxes or fees, I can only let you know that this is a possibility and encourage you to know how your country deals with international packages and know if you have to pay taxes and how much they are. Please understand that this is out of my control.

Always eco-friendly whenever possible:

As I explain on my website, I try to be as eco-friendly as possible. I live and work in a farm in the south of France, I have all kind of animals around me and we try to respect nature as much as possible. We have a hedgehog in the garden and a lot of bees coming back lately, so hopefully things are taking a better turn!
This kind of work, let's be honest is not by definition eco-friendly since it's purely for our enjoyment and not something we all need to survive (or do we?). That being said, I do my best to always use recycled and recyclable shipping materials or even clean re-used materials sometimes. I also try to do as much as I can for the projects themselves.
By the way, the French post service that I’m using is 100% carbon neutral since 2012 that is only for France obviously, but that’s already something I guess

We hope you'll like our offering,
cheers all!

Last edited:
Are these prices in Euro? Will you be offering just a ball version, meaning not tiles, not needing a ball, no moving parts, just a 1 piece static ball that is the map?

Are these prices in Euro? Will you be offering just a ball version, meaning not tiles, not needing a ball, no moving parts, just a 1 piece static ball that is the map?
Hi,
yes, the price are in Euros, if you are not used to Julie and I work, we are in France and have a lot of experience shipping stuff worldwide for 3 years now, no worries :)
you can check out our websites:
Supergreen props - Handcrafted collectibles

regarding the full ball version, no tiles, option 2, 4 and 5 are basically that. We are just going to print the balls in 2 parts that will snap together with magnets but they will be a full ball, and you can glue them together if you prefer. We chose to go with 2 halves as it will be faster to print, allows to put the support inside and keep the outside clean and gives access to the inside to put weight in it or electronics in the case of the light up version :)
cheers

Interested in option 2, is it 80€ shipped or 110€ shipped? Or is it $80USD or 110€ ?
thank you for your interest. All prices are in Euros, this is a margin of price, option 2 will be between 80€ and 110€ as it is still a bit early in the project, we have calculated as best as we can but we need to go further in the project to have final price.
Shipping is additional but for this option it should be 7.25€ for shipping I think, at worst 12.25€ if it's heavier than I imagine.
cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back