The definitive Iron Man Mark III **CHEST AND BACK pg 4**

Re: The definitive Iron Man Mark III helmet

Your guys stuff just keeps getting better and better. Definitely upping the bar for quality builds on here. I was wondering, when you guys do the paint are you going for a new look or are you guys going to do a bit of weathering to it? Also are you guys doing this as a stationary display or are you guys putting it together as part of a full suit? If so it'll be cool to see that version next to the other one you're working on to see the differences from the files.

Steve

Here is a pic comparing to Finhead's last helmet. He actually got a lot of the details and dimensions remarkably close.

Hi,
So, whats the difference between the new Im helmet versus Finhead's helmet?
I thought Finhead's was nc milled from the ILM files from the film?

Hi,
So, whats the difference between the new Im helmet versus Finhead's helmet?
I thought Finhead's was nc milled from the ILM files from the film?

I think you are thinking of the suckface helmet. Finhead's helmets started as pep a long time back. Over a few revisions they look nothing like that pep he started with. Getting more and more accurate in detail in each time.

Steve - we've done both clean and weathered helmets in the past. Really depends on client request. There are pictures out there but I would need to dig them up. There is an entire thread dedicated to Finhead's entire suit build right here:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/iron-man-mark-iii-statue-project-fiberglass-entire-upper-armor-complete-page-4-a-99878/

Should be updating that thread maybe later tonight. ;)

Thanks for clarifying the difference.

Amazing helmet by the way.(y)thumbsup

would these be from Bimmers talented hands?

Last edited:

Can't wait to see pics of the smoothed master. Having the war machine helmet, I know you will do a fantastic job

It's so symmetrical! It's strange how you grow accustomed to the hand-made variances over time. I can't wait to see this finished. I love it.

Haha for a minute, I thought the second pic of the faceplate had the eye details. You angled the picture perfectly to fit the other eye within the closer one LOL. Great update!

Haha for a minute, I thought the second pic of the faceplate had the eye details. You angled the picture perfectly to fit the other eye within the closer one LOL. Great update!

i thought the same thing and was about to have my jaw drop lol...

but great work man, it looks amazing can't wait to see the final master =D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back